Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice and buzzer not working

More
21 Feb 2019 01:54 #72943 by Whik123
Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working was created by Whik123
T8sg plus v2 voice not working after firmware update i have replaced (sounds.ini in the media folder) and (re-edited the hardware.ini file) but no sounds.

I only updated the firmware because i lost the ability to bind to nearly all protocols most had a * at the beginning and sead re-initialize im assuming the firmware went corrupt anyway i managed to flash it and updated the firmware but no sounds are working anymore i only fitted the module and set it up last week was working fine.

Whats the original factory firmware for t8sg v2+ ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2019 09:26 #72951 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
I'm a little confused about what is not working. Voice or buzzer sounds? You will need a voice.ini in media folder on the transmitter. Post your hardware.ini here to check. Which firmware version did you install?

More
21 Feb 2019 15:56 #72954 by Whik123
Replied by Whik123 on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
firmware used to update transmitter was (deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-775e509.zip) from the nightly builds dated (2019-02-16) i have no sounds at all no buzzer or voice sounds thanks for looking into this iv added my hardware.ini and voice.ini please help.

File Attachment:

File Name: hardware.ini
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: voice.ini
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

More
21 Feb 2019 20:40 #72960 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
your hardware.ini doesn't have valid voice entries. add
voice=dfplayer
and
voice-uart5=1

More
22 Feb 2019 11:39 #72967 by Whik123
sorry i uploaded the hardware.ini that i used before the edit. this is the edited version direct from the transmitter

File Attachment:

File Name: hardware_2...2-22.ini
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2019 09:04 #72981 by Moeder
do you get a working voice config menu within the model menu? Or does it display the "External voice currently not available" message? Does the buzzer work again, when you turn down audio volume to 0 in transmitter menu?

More
23 Feb 2019 12:06 #72990 by Whik123

Yes and yes buzzer comes back at audio volume 0
Attachments:

More
23 Feb 2019 21:56 #72993 by Whik123
Is there anyway i can get them both working properly again ?

More
25 Feb 2019 08:39 #73007 by Moeder
Ini files look fine. Assuming you didn't change anything on the dfplayer setup (mp3 folder with the matching mp3 files) it should be working. We had quite a load of code changes in the last two weeks, it might be possible something got broke. Please try the following build:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-files?start=0#72712

More
02 May 2019 15:42 #74190 by Carlos_Ribes
Replied by Carlos_Ribes on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice and buzzer not working
I am new with the T8SG V2 Plus and I have many doubts.
1.- I get the message "External voice currently not avalaible". What does it mean? How does the voice work?
2.- In the configuration of the telemetry after "Temperature" and "Length" the "Alert interval" is set. What does that alert warn about?
3.- I do not know how to configure the alert for loss of the link with the drone.

More
03 May 2019 05:06 #74205 by Moeder
About voice: it usually means there is no voice.ini in the media folder of the jumpers USB file system. This file has to match the contents of the SD card with the mp3 files. Also, please make sure that the entries voice=dfplayer and uart5 are active in your hardware.ini. Third, voice will be deactivated if your model uses ppm in or out.

More
03 May 2019 11:44 #74207 by Carlos_Ribes
Replied by Carlos_Ribes on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice and buzzer not working
Thank you, forgive my inexperienced questions
1.- There is no voice.ini in the "media" folder.
2.- When you speak of SD card the Jumper does not have it ... do you mean the one that can be put in the drone?
3.-What MP3 files should I have?
4.- Do you know if the drone Bugs 6 uses the PPM? How can I find out?
5,. the Hardware ini file I think is fine, it is this:
;Only useful for transmitters with an after-market vibration motor
;enable-haptic=1
;
;switch_types: 3x4, 3x3, 3x2, 3x1, 2x8, 2x7, 2x6, 2x5, 2x4, 2x3, 2x2, 2x1, potx2, potx1
;May occur more than once if necessary.
;Add nostock if stock FMOD and HOLD switches have been removed.
extra-switches = nostock
extra-switches = 3x4
extra-switches = 2x2
extra-switches = potx2
;
;Audio player connected to UART (Devo12/S internally, others via trainer port): audiofx, dfplayer
;voice=
;
;Enable if audio device is wired to uart5 instead of ppm on devo7e-256
;voice-uart5=1
;
;button_types: trim-all, trim-(left|right)-(up|down|both)
;May occur more than once if necessary.
;extra-buttons=
;
[modules]
; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
; has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
enable-a7105 = A13
has_pa-a7105 = 1
enable-cc2500 = A14
has_pa-cc2500 = 1
enable-nrf24l01 = A15
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13

More
03 May 2019 13:42 #74209 by 52dgj
You can refer to WIKI>Adding voice support. www.deviationtx.com/wiki/voiceoutput

DEVO12,DEVO8S,DEVO7E,DEVO10,Taranis QX7,FS-i6

More
03 May 2019 16:51 #74211 by Carlos_Ribes
Thank you very much, I'm afraid it's too complicated for me!

More
11 Sep 2019 12:13 #75097 by Abbasciano
Replied by Abbasciano on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice and buzzer not working

Whik123 wrote: Is there anyway i can get them both working properly again ?

Hello! Were you able to find a solution? I'm having the same problem as you.

More
24 Nov 2019 20:44 #75471 by PaulB
Replied by PaulB on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
Hi all,

first post so please treat me gently.......

I received my new Carbon T8SG V2 Plus yesterday and immediately upgraded the firmware to the latest from here on Nightly Builds following a video on YouTube and am now running 28ce50f, all works fine.

I wanted voice so I downloaded the Moeder Voice Packs (thanks Mr. Moeder) and copied the files over to an SD card following the instructions here. On switching on I constantly get 'saving' and in the Model Menu Voice -Config I get the message External voice currently not available and my Buzzer (bleeper) is also not working so it sounds like the same problem as the OP had. I flashed to the veson that Mr. Moeder linked but got a missing protocol error, I have flashed 3 different versions from the nightly builds, all no joy. I have added the text shown in the add voice Wiki into my Hardware.ini file, I have added the voice.ini file to my firmware, reformatted the SD card to FAT and FAT32, neither did anything. I have deleted the 'saving' .mp3 file which stops the repeated 'saving' on start up but does not enable voice warnings.

I have removed the PCB within the casing and I have a loudspeaker fitted and plugged in (I get 'saving' loud (ish) and clear) and have also tried to load the German (DE) voice files, same result.

Does anyone have any other ideas or tips as I am running out of ideas myself or should I raise a ticket with Banggood for a replacement???

I really appreciate any help, I know that for you Guys us 'Noob' questions get tiring but I have searched and Googled all day and tried everything that I found before posting.

Paul

More
25 Nov 2019 21:15 #75483 by PaulB
Hi Guys,

after another 2 - 3 hours pulling my hair out it was the semi-colons in front of the 2 entries in the Hardware.ini file!!!!

Thanks,

Paul

More
27 Nov 2019 23:20 #75489 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
My voice module works but it always repeat something at boot or on usb mode. "Zero, zero, zero..." Or "telemetry alarm 1" (if I delete the file, jumps to the next one)

Anyone knows why?

More
30 Nov 2019 19:04 #75500 by PaulB
Go into USB mode to access the transmitters 'hard drive'. Open your hardware.ini file, copy and paste this over the current entries.

;
;Audio player connected to UART (Devo12/S internally, others via trainer port): audiofx, dfplayer
voice=dfplayer
;
;Enable if audio device is wired to uart5 instead of ppm on devo7e-256
voice-uart5=1
;

More
30 Nov 2019 19:14 #75501 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Jumper t8sg plus v2 voice not working
Hey. I have those lines in my hardware.ini, voice works but sometimes it is glitchy, saying "Saving, saving, ..." or "Zero, zero, ..." at the begining or in USB mode

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds