Simplified mixer

More
03 Jan 2013 15:46 #4621 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Simplified mixer

sbstnp wrote: Still I raised some important points, do you think there will be enough ROM and RAM after you implement everything in the "stabdard" way?

This shouldn't be an issue. The standard mixer is actually not that large, and there are still many tweaks that can make the image much smaller. We have plenty of space for quite some time. The bigger problem will likely be RAM, but even there, there are many things that can be done

FYI, I was originally in the same line of thinking as you: 'How hard can it be to learn this system? After all, they did it with ER9x.' But since the 'standard' system was delivered to me on a silver platter, and still makes use of the 'advanced' mixer under the hood, I see no reason not to provide it for the 90% of people who do not need the full set of capabilities provided by the 'advanced' mixer. In the end, as a developer, I can either choose to try to mold users to my will, or I can give them what they want. As appealing as the 1st is, the 2nd is probably the better choice if it doesn't sacrifice design principles. When someone else does the work, the decision is much easier.
The topic has been locked.
More
03 Jan 2013 15:49 - 03 Jan 2013 15:50 #4622 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Simplified mixer
:lol: :lol: :lol:
+1
Last edit: 03 Jan 2013 15:50 by FDR.
More
03 Jan 2013 20:35 - 04 Jan 2013 13:36 #4632 by FDR
I was curious, how the simple GUI make the DR to go up to 120%, but I don't see it. It looks like it makes it 100% anyway...

Other bug is, that on the third page of the complex mixer (created by the DR page) the trim is not applied.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2013 13:36 by FDR.
More
03 Jan 2013 20:41 #4633 by FDR
...looks like the 120% works, but when I switch back to advanced GUI, I don't see it anywhere, which is not so good IMO...
More
04 Jan 2013 02:13 #4641 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Simplified mixer
Changing EXP to asymmetry and range to +/-125 is very easy.

But providing asymmetry D/R setting needs to introduce a scalar- parameter inside the Mixer structure, I would not do it for D/R now until PB agree it is necessary
More
04 Jan 2013 14:01 #4662 by FDR
A few more:

- If somebody assign a 2 way switch as the fly mode, shouldn't we hide "idle 2" options, values and graphs?

- On the pitch curves there is a fourth curve for the throttle hold. However it is for the throttle hold on state only, so it doesn't need the on/off switch.
More
04 Jan 2013 15:04 #4663 by FDR

FDR wrote: - On the pitch curves there is a fourth curve for the throttle hold. However it is for the throttle hold on state only, so it doesn't need the on/off switch.

I think I understand now: it only adds the fourth page of the complex mixer, if the switch is on...

However all the options and the graph stay there when the switch is off. They are empty, but you can click on them.
IMO this is bad for the users...
More
04 Jan 2013 19:16 #4672 by FDR
I'm a bit dissapointed, because now I see that the standard GUI is not the best option for learning to configure deviation, since it always using the CCPM cyclic structure, which is way more complicated then needed most of the time... :(
More
07 Jan 2013 02:10 - 07 Jan 2013 02:14 #4767 by suvsuv
Replied by suvsuv on topic Simplified mixer

FDR wrote: I'm a bit dissapointed, because now I see that the standard GUI is not the best option for learning to configure deviation, since it always using the CCPM cyclic structure, which is way more complicated then needed most of the time... :(

I don't understand why a user must learn the deviation Mixer GUI. Flying a heli/plane is the ultimate goal for using a TXes.
In addition, Deviation is a whole system , including model config, tx config, protocol stack, telemetry support, mixer-evaluation, etc. what you mention is just the Mixer GUI, a single menu item inside the system. And the standard GUI is based on existing mixer evaluation and calculation architecture with fully new look . So your understand of Deviation is very narrow and misleading.

Anyway, your opinions above is not valid to me anymore since your understanding of deviation is very subjective.
Last edit: 07 Jan 2013 02:14 by suvsuv.
More
07 Jan 2013 11:37 - 07 Jan 2013 11:57 #4794 by FDR

suvsuv wrote:

FDR wrote: I'm a bit dissapointed, because now I see that the standard GUI is not the best option for learning to configure deviation, since it always using the CCPM cyclic structure, which is way more complicated then needed most of the time... :(

I don't understand why a user must learn the deviation Mixer GUI. Flying a heli/plane is the ultimate goal for using a TXes.
In addition, Deviation is a whole system , including model config, tx config, protocol stack, telemetry support, mixer-evaluation, etc. what you mention is just the Mixer GUI, a single menu item inside the system. And the standard GUI is based on existing mixer evaluation and calculation architecture with fully new look . So your understand of Deviation is very narrow and misleading.

Anyway, your opinions above is not valid to me anymore since your understanding of deviation is very subjective.

:blink:
I very well may be narrow-minded, but I don't think you should question my understanding of deviation...

After all, I'm it's godfather... ;)
Last edit: 07 Jan 2013 11:57 by FDR.
More
07 Jan 2013 13:08 #4797 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Simplified mixer
There is much frustration in this one, very quick to insult people.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
More
07 Jan 2013 20:59 #4821 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic Simplified mixer
sbstnp - Star wars fan? You made my day!
More
08 Jan 2013 02:23 #4829 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Simplified mixer
suvsuv, I've repeatedly asked you to be civil to other members of this community. Your technical contributions are welcome and appreciated, but your aggressive and belittling remarks to other members are not.

I expect everyone on this forum to treat other members with respect. I do not expect everyone to agree, but I do expect civility here. I believe everyone here has the same goal: make Deviation as good as it can be. There will, of course, be lots of different opinions about how to achieve this. I want this site to promote community, not exclusivity. If you, or anyone else, can't be civil, then please just keep it to yourself, and don't aggravate the situation.
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds