How to setup double command?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
12 Sep 2013 08:54 #13723 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic How to setup double command?
Yes, you can use any transmitter with PPM output as slave (protocol / brand does not matter, PPM is always PPM) and a deviation tx as master.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
More
12 Sep 2013 08:57 #13724 by rbe2012
Sorry, I have forgotten that PPM input is a feature that is not contained in the official 3.0.0 release. You would have to use the nightly build to activate this.

More
13 Sep 2013 00:20 #13749 by Mario Gosselin
Replied by Mario Gosselin on topic How to setup double command?
OK
What is it the nightly build

• rbe2012
More
14 Sep 2013 08:04 #13777 by rbe2012
The nightly build is an unofficial release representing the actual state of the development.
It is a little bit more risky to use it because it might contain some issues but actually the nightly build did not change for a while and many people use them without problems (me too).

You can find them here: http://www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation-Releases/

More
14 Sep 2013 14:33 #13784 by Mario Gosselin
Replied by Mario Gosselin on topic How to setup double command?
Merci
Tanks

More
06 Oct 2013 03:18 #14276 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic How to setup double command?
Ok, I was able to buddybox my two devo tx's today successfully with my friend. My 8s is master and my 7e is the slave.

Now the one thing that would make it perfect is assignable channels like you can do on the stock walkera devo firmware.
What I mean by that is, with the stock firmware, I could pick which channels were controlled by the slave tx when it was enabled. I want to be able to keep throttle and rudder on the master tx while the slave tx controls only ail and elev when it is in control.

Is there anyway to do this currently with deviation, because I haven't figured out how if there is?

If not, Is that something that might be added at some point in the future?

thanks!

More
06 Oct 2013 04:33 - 06 Oct 2013 04:36 #14279 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic How to setup double command?

dawsonmobley wrote: Ok, I was able to buddybox my two devo tx's today successfully with my friend. My 8s is master and my 7e is the slave.

Now the one thing that would make it perfect is assignable channels like you can do on the stock walkera devo firmware.
What I mean by that is, with the stock firmware, I could pick which channels were controlled by the slave tx when it was enabled. I want to be able to keep throttle and rudder on the master tx while the slave tx controls only ail and elev when it is in control.

Is there anyway to do this currently with deviation, because I haven't figured out how if there is?

If not, Is that something that might be added at some point in the future?

thanks!

Never mind on that question, I figured it out. Just have to set the channels I don't want to give the slave tx control of to none in the page that pops up when I hit "channel" on "PPM in"...didn't realize there was a menu there :oops:

One more question though now that I have found that page. in the top section where you set the switch to use to change back and forth from slave to master, what does the "center PW" and "Delta PW" settings do?

would it be possible to set the trainer switch to "throttle" and then adjust those settings in such a way to make the trainer switch be when I bring my throttle stick on the master tx past 0 throttle it would give control to the master and keep control on the slave tx when it is all the way down? Hope that makes sense :) I feel like that would be an ideal setup to instantly regain full control without any finger contortions?
Last edit: 06 Oct 2013 04:36 by dawsonmobley.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds