Deviation 4.0.0

More
02 Jan 2014 02:46 #17702 by henkerhaus
Replied by henkerhaus on topic Deviation 4.0.0
I would recommend reading RandMental's discussions about Batteries and Voltage.
I stopped using the 800 mAH 2S Lipos that I got from WOW Hobbies immediately (on my Devo 8s), and switched to 4 x 2700 AA NiMH rechargeables.

They provide almost 3 1/2 times the battery life, before needing to be recharged, and only cost about $15. Fully charged, the pack is 5.6V. The battery alarm is set at 4.0V, and battery critical is set to 3.9V (The battery monitor on the transmitter main screen reads about 0.2V high, and at 3.5V (per RandMental's tests), the signal starts to fail... 3.9V-0.2V = 3.7V, or a 0.2 V margin to signal loss)

http://www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-questions/2495-low-voltage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2014 02:55 #17703 by Fyathyrio
Replied by Fyathyrio on topic Deviation 4.0.0
PB, thanks for taking the time to fix this.

I don't remember where I first saw that Walkera was selling 2S lipos for their 7E tx (RCGroups I suspect), but I got one (only 800mah) from ebay even before Banggood got my 7E to me. Right before Daryoon posted up his LifePo hack I had bought a couple 1.5ah nano-tech lipos that fit nicely. I've been using a 2S lipo since I got the tx in October with no issues, and I get roughly 5 or 6+ hours out of one 1.5ah battery. Since I've never used any other power source I can't say if I get more or less power, but I'm happy with the results.

I grabbed my Dremel and removed the ridges in the battery compartment that guide the AA holder in place and the batteries slide in/out much easier. I also extended the plug out to where it can tuck into the battery compartment with enough slack that I can actually get the battery connected.

More
02 Jan 2014 06:08 #17711 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Deviation 4.0.0
I just upgraded to 4.0 and found a couple issues.

1) none of my virtual channel setting made the transfer completely. I had to reset all my models throttle displays which i set up using a virtual channel.

2) The 12hour clock does not remain after a shutdown. It goes back to the 24 hour clock.

3) I also found that timer 4 would not be saved unless I used timer 3.

I had timer 4 setup as a countprop that would trigger if i held over a certain amount of throttle for more than 10 sec. Timer 1 was set as a countdown set at 6 min triggered with throttle hold and reset with trainer sw. Timer 2 was a countprop set for 4 mins triggered by throttle>0%. And timer was just a stopwatch for general use (no setting programed).

I was able to solve it by swapping timer 3 and 4, but the tx should not erase the timer settings like that.

Thats all i've found so far, except the (unsaved) note added when switching models, which made me nervous for a while.

Other than that, GREAT JOB GUYS.....

More
02 Jan 2014 06:45 #17712 by Kdean
Just did another check, and timer 4 is not saving the programing if I change models or restart tx.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jan 2014 08:54 #17716 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation 4.0.0

Kdean wrote: ...except the (unsaved) note added when switching models, which made me nervous for a while...

I haven't read the manual already (shame on me...), so I am not sure if it is explained there... But it was intended to show that there were changes to the model config which are not saved (quite obviously) but will be saved when choosing another model (or shutting the tx down). In earlier versions the model config was saved in special and sometimes unexpected circumstances so we avoided that. To make it visible, the "(unsaved)" was added.
The main advantage is: you can copy the changed config to another model storage place and keep the previous config from the first model (the changed config is saved to the new place, not the old). This did not work before.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jan 2014 08:57 - 02 Jan 2014 08:57 #17717 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation 4.0.0

Kdean wrote: 1) none of my virtual channel setting made the transfer completely. I had to reset all my models throttle displays which i set up using a virtual channel.

This is expected due to the new gui which has predefined templates and the throttle box is connected to ch3. You have to change it to CH1 when the protocol has TAER-order (DSM*) or when you want to see another channel's value instead.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2014 08:57 by rbe2012.

More
02 Jan 2014 14:10 - 02 Jan 2014 14:11 #17727 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation 4.0.0
Kdean,
please file bitbucket tickets. things will get lost in here.
I will likely do a 4.0.1 with bug fixes in a week or so (unless someone finds some show-stoppers, then it'll be earlier)

I don't see the timer behavior you stated in the emulator. I'll verify on my tx. but I definitely would like a bug report.
please follow the instructions here:
www.deviationtx.com/articles/23-reporting-bugs
Last edit: 02 Jan 2014 14:11 by PhracturedBlue.

More
02 Jan 2014 14:13 #17728 by PhracturedBlue

rbe2012 wrote: This is expected due to the new gui which has predefined templates and the throttle box is connected to ch3. You have to change it to CH1 when the protocol has TAER-order (DSM*) or when you want to see another channel's value instead.

We could probably have the layout templates import like model-templates, and auto-convert based on the channel configuration. It would make it a little easier to setup a model.

More
02 Jan 2014 21:23 #17774 by Kdean
Ok, put in two tickets for the RTC and Timer 4 bug. (#477 - #478).
I was able to reproduce them in the emu.

Im not too concerned about the virtual channels not transferring completely, i already got them setup again.

Its time to fly with 4.0.....

More
02 Jan 2014 23:55 #17792 by PhracturedBlue
I've fixed a bunch of mostly minor bugs in 4.0 (the crash bug on missing model icon isn't exactly minor). I'll make a 4.0.1 release within the next day. So if you've found any other issues, now would be a good time to let me know.

More
03 Jan 2014 00:22 #17794 by Kdean
Ok, will download and try again tonight.

More
03 Jan 2014 04:34 #17810 by Kdean
Just loaded the nightly, and no glory. RTC still goes back to 24h after restart, and timer 4 still resets with model change and restart. Do i repost in bitbucket???

More
03 Jan 2014 04:47 #17811 by Kdean
Ok, looking at bit commits, the fix might not be in the published nightly yet...

More
03 Jan 2014 23:16 #17898 by Kdean
Just upgraded to v4.0.1

RTC and timer 4 now working.

Thanks for the great turnaround.

I spent hours last night just putting the nightly through the paces of model setup, changing parameters, switching models, changing main tx settings, cycling power, toggle switches, trims, dials, calibrating, etc... No bugs found

Now its time to fly it, to insure that stability is still there.

More
03 Jan 2014 23:37 #17900 by jacky1019
Replied by jacky1019 on topic Deviation 4.0.0
I uncommented the last two lines related to nrf24l01 to enable the HISKY protocol (the "*" before the protocol disappears after modifying tx.ini, w/ which I suppose the protocol is correctly enabled). However, i failed to bind this protocol w/ my Hisky FBL80 heli.

I was able to bind using another revision of Deviation written by a Chinese developer (suvsuv) w/ the same configuration (A14). Could anyone help? I'm using Devo 7e BTW.

Thanks a lot in advance!

vlad_vy wrote: 4) models/default.ini

I see it at all filesystems.

[modules]
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
; has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
; enable-a7105 = A13
; has_pa-a7105 = 1
; enable-cc2500 = A14
; has_pa-cc2500 = 1
; enable-nrf24l01 = A14
; has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1

All modules are disabled by default (cyrf6936 will be enabled automatically). You need remove ';' to enable module, before copy tx.ini to Tx.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds