Help Solder point on nRF24L01

More
25 Jan 2015 14:36 #28016 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Help Solder point on nRF24L01

mwm wrote:

voyn wrote: Which switches are missing on the 7E? If you tell me the ones you want to use, maybe I can re-map them to the corresponding switches on the 8S (assuming I have them too). Since the 7E is so popular, it would probably be a good idea anyways.

This is a common problem. While the 6 isn't quite as popular, it has similar problems. And those working on a 12 have more than anyone.

I decided we needed some documentation on this, so I wrote it.

That's good... adding 3-way switches on a Devo 7e, though, is not any harder than adding 2-way switches. Once the Devo 7e is open, it's better to do the 3-way mod right away, since it offers more flexibility, and only requires 2 more wires and 2 more diodes (but no difficult soldering)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2015 16:51 #28019 by voyn
Replied by voyn on topic Help Solder point on nRF24L01

hansman007 wrote: @voyn
I merged your file and the ultra beginners file for walkera cp helis from Tom Z and yours for the Ominus.
strange thing with your file was that the drone was drifting and the trim was not working.
so I used the trim part from tom Zs file.
the motor safety is perfect for avoiding damage. I only have one Fmod so thats the main issue.

I already orderd the parts for 2 3way switches. Seems pretty easy regarding the soldering.
Regarding the Software... thats the hard part for me... which switch ID goes where in the model ini.

P.S.: forgive me my bad english... I'm from Germany

Hi hansman,

Your English is great, you should see how horrible my German is ;)

I think with regards to the drift, it may be that you were using the first one I uploaded. I completely forgot to zero out the trim before copying the file from my 8S. I looked through the .ini file for anything regarding trim values but couldn't find it. I was using Notepad++, which may or may not be the best program for editing those files. The next time I uploaded a model.ini, I remembered to zero out my trim before copying it. I had a hard crash the other day and was using some extreme trim to get a stable hover, and haven't bothered resetting the gyros via the stock Tx.

If you are still getting drift from the second one ( model5.ini from post 27945 ), then I'm not sure what's wrong. This is my first model profile that I've built from the ground up, so I may have done it incorrectly. I just chose one of the blank model templates in the 8S and started changing things until it worked.

More
25 Jan 2015 16:55 #28020 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Help Solder point on nRF24L01

hansman007 wrote:
I already orderd the parts for 2 3way switches. Seems pretty easy regarding the soldering.
Regarding the Software... thats the hard part for me... which switch ID goes where in the model ini.

Why this?
Old switches do not change. The six new possitions are additional and can be used for every action you assign them to.
How they are labeled does not matter.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
25 Jan 2015 17:24 #28021 by hansman007
Replied by hansman007 on topic Help Solder point on nRF24L01
I used "write" on my mac. Seems to work. Set the trims to 0 works so far.

If your ok I'd like to post my latest file in the models configs section.
I ask because it's based on your work.

More
25 Jan 2015 18:35 #28023 by voyn

hansman007 wrote: I used "write" on my mac. Seems to work. Set the trims to 0 works so far.

If your ok I'd like to post my latest file in the models configs section.
I ask because it's based on your work.

Please do! This whole thing is open source, which means people building and improving upon each others' work. Be sure to label that it's for the 7E, and I'll post my profile for the 8S as well.

More
25 Jan 2015 20:11 #28025 by voyn

mwm wrote:
This is a common problem. While the 6 isn't quite as popular, it has similar problems. And those working on a 12 have more than anyone.

I decided we needed some documentation on this, so I wrote it.

Hey, that's great info. Bookmarked. I found a picture of the 7E and now realize how much tweaking my profile would need to get it to work correctly on one. Yikes. The switches I use for throttle safety and auto/manual mode don't even exist. Good to know!

If I were using a 7E I would probably get rid of throttle safety and make HOLDO/HOLD1 toggle CH6 between auto-leveling and manual mode, and make FMOD0/FMOD1 control CH5 to switch between low/high rates. Thanks for posting that link!

More
26 Jan 2015 17:10 #28045 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Help Solder point on nRF24L01

voyn wrote: If I were using a 7E I would probably get rid of throttle safety and make HOLDO/HOLD1 toggle CH6 between auto-leveling and manual mode, and make FMOD0/FMOD1 control CH5 to switch between low/high rates. Thanks for posting that link!

Being a big fan of throttle hold, I'd be tempted to put auto-level and manual mode on the throttle trim switch via the virtual switch feature.

I'm thinking we need to do something about regularizing the switch names across the Tx's. I expect to post a proposal later today.

And you're welcome.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds