Telemetry Data from LemonRX DSMX/DSM2 module

More
26 Feb 2015 22:05 #29147 by Kernowmcrae
Replied by Kernowmcrae on topic Telemetry Data from LemonRX DSMX/DSM2 module
Hi Indigo, hope you've been making progress! Just wanted to drop you a line to say i'm still fiddling about at my end, but haven't had much to test in a while, for obvious reasons :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2015 14:13 - 28 Feb 2015 17:54 #29205 by Indigo
I've been having trouble getting 16 or 32 bit version working on transmitter side.
It binds ok but data packet is invalid. I will get it eventually... :huh:

Anyway, I still need to verify that new telemetry code is working correctly, so I've put together a build using old transmitter code with new telemetry.

bitbucket.org/Indigo1/deviation/downloads

The telemetry data handling is now all 16 bit. With data type conversions removed I'm now expecting only 1 value to represent 'not connected' 65535.

This value (if received) will cause the last real value to change to red.

If no real value is ever received initial value of zero remains. Real values are displayed in white and if nothing received for some time, will to change to red.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2015 17:54 by Indigo. Reason: Fixed poor description of functionality

More
28 Feb 2015 15:54 #29206 by FDR
There was a reason to retain the last received value, but change the box to red to indicate there is a failure.
It is better to know the last voltage, than not have a guess what it might be.
Not to mention the last GPS position, before the model has gone... ;)

More
28 Feb 2015 23:20 #29216 by Kernowmcrae
Hi all - evening. I've flashed your latest version indigo, and have given it a quick test. All appears to be functioning as expected, the dancing red values are displayed correctly now, although I'm still getting a high negative value on my altitude? Screenshot attached. -3276 is the figure! If it helps, I get readings down to 0, I think -0.4, then bang, -3276.

I've also noticed that the distance setting appears broken in the main menu - my altitude value is identical whether set to meters or feet - I've attached the box so you can see what I'm on about!

Can't find any other snags within the software as its been put out.
Attachments:

More
01 Mar 2015 13:11 #29227 by Indigo
Thanks for that. It's good to see that its working quiet well.

I can't explain the altitude suddenly going to large negative value. Could it be a alarm value triggered after a certain amount of negative altitude?

If it also occurs at different positive height ranges then it would be caused by data being transmitted in a special format and I'm not applying the right type of data conversion to it. Please tell me which which sensor you have?

The 16/32 bit code not working problem I have now solved. There was an error in the checksum calculated during binding. With a wrong initial checksum all data packets sent after that would be invalid, which explains why it would bind but then not respond to any inputs.

The meters and feet will be fixed in next release.

Occasionally you will get wrong data displayed briefly. I am currently trying to solve this issue.

Next release will most likely be in a day or two from now.

More
03 Mar 2015 08:53 #29284 by Indigo
I have a new version: bitbucket.org/Indigo1/deviation/downloads

Added to last release are these fixes:
  • Added unit conversion for display of altitude values.
  • Screen redraw should not show 'not connected' value.
  • Discard telemetry packet with errors.

@Kernowmcrae - The display of -32768 for altitude should also be fixed.

I think that's all the problems sorted. Have I've missed anything? :S

More
09 Mar 2015 06:22 #29477 by Indigo
Since my last post here, the following issues have been fixed:

* GPS related values are wrong.
* Zero value (eg. Temp, Altitude) is not being converted to display units.

More
09 Mar 2015 07:07 #29480 by Kernowmcrae
Hi indigo, thanks for the update, and my apologies for my lack of feedback, I've been busy playing with ardupilot, and the joys of GPS etc.

I'll flasj the latest and report back, I think the previous update didn't appear to show feet/meters when the setting was changed?

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds