Automated alternating signal

More
12 Feb 2015 22:59 #28607 by Rand__
Automated alternating signal was created by Rand__
Hi,
I was wondering whether Deviation could output something like this here?

Basically its an automated signal that turns on and off every couple of seconds so you can run some tests with repeatability

Copied from above linked thread so you dont have to go over:
1) Create an alternating ON -> OFF switch in the Custom Switches section. This will go ON for 3 seconds, then OFF for 3 seconds.
2) Create a channel (ch8) that mimics this switch. This gives a square wave output, with a duty cycle of 50%, and period of 6 seconds.
3) Create another channel (ch7) that uses ch8 as its input, but uses the "slow" functions so that you end up with a sawtooth wave with a period of 6 seconds.
4) Create a new custom switch, that looks at channel 7, and turns on if the absolute value of ch7 is less than 20%.
5) Map your aileron channel to add ch8 to the aileron stick, when ch7 is high.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2015 02:20 #28616 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Automated alternating signal
I think the answer is "yes". See my tutorial on writing model configs , in the section on Initializing the flight controller. that does a signal that goes 0->high->0->low->0 over a few tenths of a second to initialize the flight control board. You might also look at the section on the Sticky Throttle Hold, which talks about feeding the output of a mixer back to itself.

The idea is to build a feedback oscillator using the delay mux. It may take as many as four channels to do it, but you may be able to do it in one. I haven't got time to try it now, but if you can't get it working, let me know and I (or maybe someone will beat me to it) will take a crack at it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Feb 2015 13:42 #28668 by Rand__
Replied by Rand__ on topic Automated alternating signal
Hm can't get it to work yet.

Unfortunatly I already struggle with the sticky T-Hold which doesnt work as I'd expect...

I guess the problem is that my Throttle has values from -125 to +125 and the T-Hold expects the bottom value to be 0... But I cant change the range to be 0-100 in my simple Mixer/Channel Setup.

At least I assume thats the issue b/c the channel switches when i hit the 0 value but from waht I understand it should actually change on Throttle Minimum to check for Throttle off.

More
15 Feb 2015 10:41 #28712 by Rand__
Still struggeling;)
Tried without THold reference now, but can't find a way to create the feedback loop so it continues changing values.

Tried triggering by switch, and having itself as input; then replacing by eg a 5 point curve then the delay or absval -> 5point curve -> delay but regardless of what io set it only changes once after triggering and not continously.

I would have thought it should work this way:
Mixer1:
Trigger by switch (to get started)
Input itself to have a rolling input creating the loop
Replace by 5 point curve (rendering old value irrelevant)

Mixer 2
Fixed curve
Delay output (outputting the values from the 5 point curve from M1)

Or is it always looking for an input value it can refer the output to? Ie is that an x:y curve which wont work without input values?

More
15 Feb 2015 11:00 #28714 by vlad_vy

More
15 Feb 2015 11:15 #28715 by robca
Replied by robca on topic Automated alternating signal
The attached model.ini creates alternating values with different waveforms (I use it to test range by having the Tx continuously sending variable signals to a receiver with servos attached, and walking away until the reception breaks)

I found it some time ago here on this forum, but I forgot who was the creator, so I can't properly credit the creator
Attachments:

More
15 Feb 2015 12:20 - 15 Feb 2015 12:22 #28718 by Rand__

vlad_vy wrote: www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...nerators-to-channels

PERFECT !!!

Thanks a million:)

robca wrote: I found it some time ago here on this forum, but I forgot who was the creator, so I can't properly credit the creator

Ini File from the thread Vlad quoted - thanks :)
Last edit: 15 Feb 2015 12:22 by Rand__.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds