A plan: Swapping NRF24L01 Modules?

More
21 Feb 2015 05:56 #28957 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic A plan: Swapping NRF24L01 Modules?
The model # just tells you which file it was. Not really informative.

The missing icon just means whoever wrote it was using a custom icon and didn't upload that. You can either search the forums for an appropriate icon (Select the model icons forum, and the subforum for black and white icons), or go to Model Menu -> Model Setup and change the icon. Might change the type to multorotor as well, and use the default icon for that.

Thanks for the link to the nrf24l01. Thats a good price for a US shipped module. But I went with the these from amazon . Only US$1.50 more, I get two of them, and I get them Tuesday because of my prime membership.

These days, the better ebay stores are also on amazon, and the smart ones take advantage of their "fulfilled by amazon" option, so you can get prices near or sometimes better than waiting for shipment from china. Only you get amazon's customer service, which is much better than ebay's.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2015 05:59 #28958 by ohaya
Replied by ohaya on topic A plan: Swapping NRF24L01 Modules?

Cereal_Killer wrote:

About the second module- yes they share pins except for the data pin, on the single row header (where VDD is on the right end) you can connect one to the (numbering L->R) holes 2 and 3, you just have to make sure you set them correct, one is A13 and one is A14).

Note there are multiple VDD and GND via's open so you won't have to stack those on eachother. Oh and for GND you don't have to use the right most pin on the stock module, again there are several GND vias and other GND locations closer to where the modules fit.

Here's mine, th black wire is GND, I used 22AWG silicone wire cause it doesn't melt like jumper wires do.

i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq247/1badv8...124-7947338A521E.jpg

Hi C_K,

Thanks for all the info. I should've done what you did, using the individual silicone wire, because that looks a lot neater than what I ended up with.

I had decided that I was going to try to plan this out, and so i got a ribbon cable assembly that plugged directly into the 2x4 pins on the bottom of the module, but, in retrospect, using that ribbon cable probably made the job harder, because I had to split the wires anyway, plus some of them ended up being too short, etc., so overall, it was kind of a mess. The only good thing is that when the other module with the SMA antenna connector arrives, I should be able to just unplug the module that I have now that has the printed antenna and replace it with the other one.

Talk about overthinking, huh?

Later,
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds