XK K110 6G/3D Calibration with Devo 10?

More
10 Jul 2016 07:11 #51506 by D_an_W
Morning folks, has anyone with the above combination (Or similar) carried out the Gyro calibration and noticed what state the LED's are in during the procedure?

According to the comprehensive manual ( :blink: ) the Red LED should flash slowly but when I try 6G Calibration ( Channel 5 reading -100% ) I get the Red LED on all the time and the Blue LED flashing slowly after holding the Elevator down for three seconds (Throttle also is fully off) then after a short hover if I land and hold the Elevator down again the Blue LED returns to always on.

When I try 3D Calibration ( Channel 5 reading +100% ) with both sticks held down and out, the Blue LED flashes fast for a couple of seconds and then stops at the same time the Red LED flashes twice.

I am following the procedure as posted here on RCG.

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2016 07:24 - 10 Jul 2016 07:24 #51508 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic XK K110 6G/3D Calibration with Devo 10?
if you search rcg about this issue i think you will find the info you need bud, as i seem to remember the calibration mode changed when they introduced a new version of the rx/fc and the new steps were posted by someone over there
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 07:24 by HappyHarry.

More
11 Oct 2017 20:05 - 12 Oct 2017 02:45 #64967 by Lounge Pilot
Replied by Lounge Pilot on topic XK K110 6G/3D Calibration with Devo 10?
I'm new to all this and I've been finding it very difficult to do the 6G calibration with my Devo 10 so I hope it's OK to revive this thread rather than start a new topic.

I started with victzh's model file (model_XK_K110.ini) from here. However, as it's for the Devo 7E, it lacks a switch between 6G and 3D modes and, even though I could do the 3D calibration, I couldn't get the 6G calibration to work.

I then found dc59's XK K120 model file (XK-K120-D10.ini) for the Devo 10 here which uses the Gear switch to select between 6G and 3D. However, I still couldn't get the 6G calibration to work but it did help me to figure out how to edit victzh's model file so that I can select 6G or 3D with the Gear switch.

Finally, after much Googling and reading, I was just about to post my question here when I found D_an_W's model file (XKK110.zip) here and, hey presto, with this one, the 6G calibration works just as described. (6G and 3D modes are selected with the ElevDR switch.)

To calibrate 6G mode, once bound (Have channel 5 at -100%) I hold down both sticks for 3 seconds which gets the blue LED flashing then hover for a few seconds. Then land and hold both sticks down again until the blue LED stops flashing.
To calibrate 3D mode, (Channel 5 at 100%) this time hold both sticks down and out until the blue LED flashes fast and keep them there until it stops flashing (No hover required).

Please can anyone explain why this is and how I could get 6G calibration to work on the other two model files?
Last edit: 12 Oct 2017 02:45 by Lounge Pilot.

More
12 Oct 2017 02:43 - 12 Oct 2017 02:44 #64973 by Lounge Pilot
Replied by Lounge Pilot on topic P.S.
I was so caught up in the detail earlier, I forgot to express my appreciation, not only for the devs and the community here: this is such an amazing project, but also to victzh, dc59 and D_an_W whose contributions have helped a complete newcomer like me to get up-and-running with this so quickly and easily. Thanks again to everyone for this wonderful resource.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2017 02:44 by Lounge Pilot.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds