failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM

More
14 Apr 2017 14:50 #61460 by flyngobanana
failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM was created by flyngobanana
Hello,
I need some help to set up failsafe with X6B receiver.
My X210 is almost ready to fly, failsafe is enabled in Betaflight but when I test the failsafe it doesn't work. After switching off the DEVO, motors are still spinning the same speed and don't stop so...no failsafe. Failsafe on X6B works only in PWM, I'm using I-Bus port.
I'd like to know the way to set this in deviation, had a look to the manual but I don't really understand how it works and which value to enter on which channels of the mixer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2017 19:52 #61481 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM
Yes failsave it works on ibus, but you have to configure failsave settings in each configuration per channel.

I would really like to have a set failsave, in protocol option just press a button and. Store allsticks and pots as the failsave.

More
16 Apr 2017 03:25 #61504 by ALi
Hi. How did you get the x6b working with deviation? Is it plug and play. Just pick protocol Flysky afhds2a and bind??

More
16 Apr 2017 06:21 #61505 by flyngobanana
Replied by flyngobanana on topic failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM
Yes,very easy to bind with Devo 10 and 4in1 module. Finally I have set the failsafe for every channels in the DEVO but motors do not stop, they just decrease speed to min throttle, I'm still working on this.

More
16 Apr 2017 09:00 #61507 by Fernandez
Model menu > 2 Mixer > 3 Throttle > Failsave -125
Each channel has it's own failsave setting.

More
16 Apr 2017 10:22 #61508 by mwm
The props spinning at minimum sounds like a betaflight setting, not deviation. Some FC software only stops the props when you disarm, because if the props aren't spinning you have no orientation control. But I'm not familiar with betaflight details, so maybe not.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Apr 2017 11:28 - 16 Apr 2017 11:31 #61510 by aMax

Fernandez wrote: Model menu > 2 Mixer > 3 Throttle > Failsave -125
Each channel has it's own failsave setting.

And how is this stored on the receiver? Which procedure?

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 16 Apr 2017 11:31 by aMax.

More
16 Apr 2017 16:04 #61512 by Fernandez
I have no idea .....But after setting Failsave as described above, when switching off the TX, the RX went to this value.
Before when nothing entered (just default setting for failsave), it kept the last received value, basically quad will keep the motors powered......

For me it would make some sense, to have a store/set failsave button (or any failsave option) in the protocol options menu, basically set all sticks pots in designated position press failsave store button.

But anyway at least failsave works as way currently implemented AFHDS 2A, ibus to Betaflight.

More
16 Apr 2017 18:58 - 16 Apr 2017 18:59 #61515 by aMax

Fernandez wrote: I have no idea .....But after setting Failsave as described above, when switching off the TX, the RX went to this value.
Before when nothing entered (just default setting for failsave), it kept the last received value, basically quad will keep the motors powered......

cut-.....................

...In other words, the receiver takes these setting into the memory? Did not find this in the manual.

But if not, all these settings on the transmitter are not important to the flightcontroller.

When it takes the last input as valid, you crash or will have a fly-away. The receiver must have an assigned channel on which a predicted value can be triggered in case of connection loss. Otherwise it will not work, at least on multirotors. Values below min throttle or no pulse are ok..
Anyways, on the first four channels the FC is the ruler...;-)

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 16 Apr 2017 18:59 by aMax.

More
16 Apr 2017 20:34 #61517 by Fernandez
Probably failsave value is sent over the link via afhds 2a protocol from Tx to Rx. Anyway failsave works fine for me and can be set to value of choice.

More
20 Apr 2017 20:23 - 21 Apr 2017 07:38 #61625 by ALi

flyngobanana wrote: Yes,very easy to bind with Devo 10 and 4in1 module. Finally I have set the failsafe for every channels in the DEVO but motors do not stop, they just decrease speed to min throttle, I'm still working on this.

When failsafe is activated, how can the tx send a value to the rx since theres no connection anymore. The values should be stored on the rx. How did you set Failsafe in Deviation? Can you please explain to me Any help is appreciated.

Thank You
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 07:38 by ALi.

More
25 Apr 2017 15:29 #61765 by mwm
Failsafe values are a property of the Rx, not the Tx. You need to set them on the Rx. This is normally done by setting the controls on the Tx so you get the values you want to use for Failsafe sent to the Rx, then doing something to tell the Rx to store those values. Could be binding, could be pushing a "failsafe" button, could be powering on with a button held or a jumper installed or some such. Some protocols have a way to send "Failsafe" packets to the Tx to set them instead. Deviation uses the failsafe values in the channel settings for those packets, and in other protocols if the values are set at some specific point, like binding or connection.

Do the props stop if you throttle all the way down without triggering the failsafe? If not, then the problem could be the minimum throttle setting on the FC. Some of them don't like to spin the throttles all the way down unless you shut things down.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Apr 2017 15:30 #61766 by flyngobanana
Replied by flyngobanana on topic failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM
failsafe is set only on the TX, check also this topic
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-failsafe-on-devo-10

More
31 Oct 2017 20:36 #65387 by Beefrod
Replied by Beefrod on topic failsafe setup with Flysky X6B I-bus / PPM
You sir are a legend!!!!!

Been trying to get this sorted out all day going through every option in Betaflight.

Still not sure how the quad knows to shut down when the failsafe is set from the transmitter that its supposedly lost signal too but hey, it works.

Cheers budd

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds