Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working

More
14 Apr 2017 23:45 #61487 by brummel
Hi, I finished with success my first Tiny Fish FC built:)

Hats of for the developer Simon too. www.fishpper.de

The FC uses the Frsky D8 / Open Sky protocol and I am able to bind to the 7e with BG 4in1 Module even my stick inputs are noticed by BetaFlight. Protocol on TX used = Frsky

RSSI signals are right interpreted and in the Telemetry Monitor i see signals assigned to my desired voltages.
But the voltage values are always the same . V1 0,23V and V2 0,88V.
While the signal values decrease due to dischargeing the battery the display readings remains on the same values above.

Is this Telemetry issue known and already fixed?
Will be the latest nightly built the solution?

Regards Brummel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2017 15:31 #61490 by mwm
FrSky voltage telemetry has been working for years. Oh, wait, you're probably using hub telemetry. If so, you might try the 5.0 plus latest protocols build, as that wasn't working in 5.0 and has had some work done on it since then.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
15 Apr 2017 18:02 - 15 Apr 2017 18:17 #61491 by aMax
Try vlad_vy distribution (5.0& new protocols). If don´t get the voltage right , then there is no input for your lipo voltage on the fc connected. The sensors are found but no data. This happens on my DIY receiver as well, there is A1 with
a divider for the battery and A2, which is not connected to anything but shows 0.23V.

Edit: You may ask Fishpepper on that, it´s his usky receiver. With compatible Frsky receivers, the telemetry is working.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 15 Apr 2017 18:17 by aMax.

More
15 Apr 2017 19:20 #61492 by brummel
Thx for your answers.

So it makes sense to upgrade to latest nightly built?

OT- Just won't bother Simon even he's pis**d off while Bangoo*d and Racerst*r highjacked his project with no credits. Don' buy this stuff from these compan*ys please.

I am always on : Never touch a running system....:unsure. Sould I try FrskyX?

Happy Easter

Regards Brummel

More
15 Apr 2017 20:55 - 15 Apr 2017 21:08 #61493 by aMax
Take one of these and you are good to go...
www.deviationtx.com/forum/search?searchu...ildforums=1&start=40
Read the description, you need the rest of the filesystem from the main release Ver 5.0.

Frsky X eats the battery.... 9ms compared to 30 36ms update time. No real advantage.

Last edit: 15 Apr 2017 21:08 by aMax.

More
16 Apr 2017 00:51 #61501 by mwm
If we didn't have vlad's build, then the nightly builds would make sense. But the new UI code is still a bit buggy, so his builds make more sense if all you want is updated protocols.

More
16 Apr 2017 22:49 - 16 Apr 2017 22:56 #61521 by brummel

aMax wrote: Take one of these and you are good to go...
Read the description, you need the rest of the filesystem from the main release Ver 5.0.

Frsky X eats the battery.... 9ms compared to 30 36ms update time. No real advantage.

Happy Easter!
Tried the latest nightly built with no success.

Read 10 pages about Vlad's own stuff. At least I find a Zip file for Devo 7e contains al DFU file and protocols. That means I have to flash the DFU file from Vlad??? Then take the stuff from the 5.00 file system without the protocols?
Last edit: 16 Apr 2017 22:56 by brummel.

More
17 Apr 2017 15:18 #61524 by pixelmajic
Hello,

I recently inquired about purchasing the Chamelon quadcopter from Armattan and they said this about the Devo controllers.

Armattan:

Hi,

Sorry, Travis. We should be able to accept more order for builds in a few days or so. The Dveo is PWM only. It will not work with the FCs we are using. PWM is too old now. Sorry.

and,

Armattan 2nd response:

Hi,

We use F4 controllers. They do not have PWM connections. The FrSky QX7 is good value, I think. But we do not sell radios. QX 7 About the same price as a Devo 7, but better and newer.

My Question:

I'm new to the hobby, so I wanted to know if someone could explain to me why the DEVO controllers want work with the Armattan transmitters?

Thanks,

Travis

More
17 Apr 2017 15:56 - 17 Apr 2017 22:31 #61525 by brummel

pixelmajic wrote: Hello,

I recently inquired about purchasing the Chamelon quadcopter from Armattan and they said this about the Devo controllers.

Armattan:

Hi,

Sorry, Travis. We should be able to accept more order for builds in a few days or so. The Dveo is PWM only. It will not work with the FCs we are using. PWM is too old now. Sorry.

and,

Armattan 2nd response:

Hi,

We use F4 controllers. They do not have PWM connections. The FrSky QX7 is good value, I think. But we do not sell radios. QX 7 About the same price as a Devo 7, but better and newer.

My Question:

I'm new to the hobby, so I wanted to know if someone could explain to me why the DEVO controllers want work with the Armattan transmitters?

Thanks,

Travis

Why not? Fitted with the proper Module and a working protocol from here no problem.

Have a look at the compabilty list of model's and receivers.

Regards

Edit: Just had short look at Armattan page. They offer only Lemon Sat - Rx's and this use Dsm2 may be DSMX which will work anyway with a Devo 7e TX.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2017 22:31 by brummel.

More
17 Apr 2017 23:05 #61536 by brummel
Flashed Vlad's version on my Devo7e. No success :-(

The Telemetry Monitor shows me the same values above and some sligtly changing signals behind it.

More
18 Apr 2017 04:32 #61540 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working
I have the same exact problem on a different setup..The x73s using the D8 protocol i get RSSI but the voltage shows 0.88v and doesn't change i have searched everywhere and have not found a solution...I am running the latest nightly build..On my Furibee F3 fc the voltage works perfectly..

More
19 Apr 2017 19:32 #61594 by mwm

brummel wrote:

aMax wrote: Take one of these and you are good to go...

Happy Easter!
Tried the latest nightly built with no success.

Read 10 pages about Vlad's own stuff. At least I find a Zip file for Devo 7e contains al DFU file and protocols. That means I have to flash the DFU file from Vlad??? Then take the stuff from the 5.00 file system without the protocols?

I just realized - you may be trying to use telemetry values that aren't supported on your transmitter.

The stock 7E build doesn't support hub telemetry. It's one of the things that were taken out to get the build to fit in the limited flash on the stock 7E mcu. Look for "ultimate 7E" threads for instructions on upgrading the mcu.

I don't know that your FC is using the hub telemetry interface to the FrSky Rx, but the only alternative is to use the two bultin voltage inputs, and it seems sort of pointless to do that through the FC.

More
19 Apr 2017 23:10 - 19 Apr 2017 23:11 #61599 by brummel
Thank you for this information.

That means if I upgrade the MCU, telemetry will work.
I will buy this specific MCU and install it even I've just warmed up in SMD soldering. The Fispepper FC's and ESC's are hand made. :-)

Regards Brummel
Last edit: 19 Apr 2017 23:11 by brummel.

More
20 Apr 2017 15:26 #61616 by mwm
I believe it should work. You'll need to install the u7e firmware, maybe a bootloader, and I sent know what else. Check the ultimate 7e threads in the forum. And bug them to put up a wiki page on the u7e :) .

More
20 Apr 2017 18:19 - 20 Apr 2017 18:34 #61619 by aMax
If 7e or u7e,....I think it won´t work either. These sensors (F101, F102, F103) were discovert by the 7e and hub telemetry
only adds some more sensors. Since there is no data or no correct data, hub telemetry will not change this.
Maybe voltage appears as Vfas, which should show normaly current ( with special sensor). This happened to me.

I would check my FC and traces after the battery connector for a voltgage divider.

Edit: Is there any electronic schematic for this FC? If not, ask Simon for this function.

Last edit: 20 Apr 2017 18:34 by aMax.

More
20 Apr 2017 21:49 - 21 Apr 2017 00:51 #61630 by brummel
It is open souce:

github

to open with Kicad

Edit:
For further information : on RC Groups

and : the RX only
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 00:51 by brummel.

More
21 Apr 2017 01:46 #61633 by mwm
What are F101, F102 etc? He mentioned V1 and V2, which are the two adcs built into the Rx. One of those is connected to the Rx power voltage by default, which is probably coming through a regulator and so will be nearly constant. The other is probably an open circuit, and mine reports a fixed small voltage for that case. The exact values are probably wrong since he hasn't calibrated the multiplier. He also mentioned the RSSI values, also from sensors built into the Rx.

But that's the point. The only way to get values from sensors on the fc to the Tx are through the hub telemetry port on the Rx. But those aren't reported on the stock 7e.

More
21 Apr 2017 12:56 - 21 Apr 2017 13:02 #61656 by aMax
These are the IDs at Frsky telemetry which are RSSI,V1 and V2 on Deviation.
On OpenTX you can name these sensors to your like but the ID will persist.

Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 13:02 by aMax.

More
21 Apr 2017 18:24 #61662 by aMax
Update:
Even with hub telemetry on the FC enabled (the QX7 got 17 sensors), the Devo7e shows RSSI, A1 beside LQI/LRSSI..

Don`t blame the 7e..:lol:

More
21 Apr 2017 19:47 - 21 Apr 2017 19:48 #61663 by brummel

aMax wrote: Update:
Even with hub telemetry on the FC enabled (the QX7 got 17 sensors), the Devo7e shows RSSI, A1 beside LQI/LRSSI..

Don`t blame the 7e..:lol:

That means :blink:

1: This RX (+FC) is/ are not fully compatible to our highly tuned Tx's ?
2: Or it need's a further protocol implement?
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 19:48 by brummel.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds