Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working

More
21 Apr 2017 22:20 #61665 by aMax
Do you know somebody else how has this FC running, or who has a Devo 10 in your neighborhood?

As far as I read the topic, this FC needs to be calibrated with a suitable resistor for the current sensor.
Why not even for the voltage sensor.....?
You build this thing and should know where and what was soldered to the board.and what is
connected to the adc pin on the chip.

That you get some low voltage values for V1&V2 is a signal that these sensors are transmitted, but not with the
right data. Are you sure the pin is connected correctly to the divider.
If I connect a line to V1 only and do not connect V2, then there is always a small value like 0,23V
for V2 on the display.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:26 - 21 Apr 2017 22:33 #61666 by hexfet

brummel wrote: 1: This RX (+FC) is/ are not fully compatible to our highly tuned Tx's ?
2: Or it need's a further protocol implement?

The Frsky protocol in deviation fully supports hub telemetry on all transmitters except the 7e, F4, and F7. Those transmitters do not have enough memory to include the hub telemetry code. Upgrading your 7e to an Ultimate7e will remove that limitation.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2017 22:33 by hexfet.

More
21 Apr 2017 22:36 #61668 by aMax
I am sure he only wants RSSI & V1 and this is transmitted even running hub telemetry.

Attachments:

More
22 Apr 2017 05:01 #61670 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working
I have the same exact problem on a different setup..The x73s using the D8 protocol i get RSSI but the voltage shows 0.88v and doesn't change i have searched everywhere and have not found a solution...I am running the latest nightly build..On my Furibee F3 fc the voltage works perfectly..

EDIT...Forgot to mention when i posted having the same problem that i am using a Devo12s ..Not sure if this helps anything or not but thought it's worth mentioning..:)

More
22 Apr 2017 09:02 #61673 by brummel

magic_marty wrote: I have the same exact problem on a different setup..The x73s using the D8 protocol i get RSSI but the voltage shows 0.88v and doesn't change i have searched everywhere and have not found a solution...I am running the latest nightly build..On my Furibee F3 fc the voltage works perfectly..

EDIT...Forgot to mention when i posted having the same problem that i am using a Devo12s ..Not sure if this helps anything or not but thought it's worth mentioning..:)

Do you see incoming signals.
They are visible in the Transmitter Configuartion..

More
22 Apr 2017 10:06 - 22 Apr 2017 10:29 #61675 by aMax
Sorry dudes; I have to admit hexfet is right, no voltage for the 7e running hub telemetry.
This morning I had a closer look on this older build and discovered a wire strap from VCC to the A1 port of the buried receiver.
I was running this prior with a DFT& FLD-02 and now with the QX. After removing this wire, the 7e stopped receiving A1=V1.

Sorry, my bad.

Last edit: 22 Apr 2017 10:29 by aMax. Reason: term changed

More
22 Apr 2017 22:04 #61692 by mwm

aMax wrote: Update:
Even with hub telemetry on the FC enabled (the QX7 got 17 sensors), the Devo7e shows RSSI, A1 beside LQI/LRSSI..

Don`t blame the 7e..:lol:

A1, A2, LQI, RSSI and LRSSI are not hub telemetry values. They come from sensors on the Rx, and you will get them even if the FC isn't connected to the Rx. Sensors that are not on the Rx - say any sensor on an FC - will get into the Rx via the hub telemetry port, and will be delivered to the 7e in a hub telemetry packet. Which the deviationTx build for the stock 7e will throw away because it doesn't have a parser for them.

In order to get A1 you'll need to connect your battery to the A1 port. If it oops more than a 1s pack, it'll need a resistor to reduce the voltage to those levels.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
24 Apr 2017 01:35 #61721 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working
How do we know where the A1 port is if it's not labeled? Or if it's not labeled it's not on the rx?

More
24 Apr 2017 19:18 #61740 by mwm
Read the manual. But the ones I've seen are either labelled or have only one analog sensor port, which is A2. On those, A1 is connected to the Rx power supply and reports the Rx pack voltage if you have one. On those with both, check the manual as IIRC they also connect A1 to the Rx power supply and that has to be disconnected.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
25 Apr 2017 05:32 #61749 by magic_marty
Best i can tell there is no sensor ports available on it so i think i will try switching it out to a different rx ..I found one that does have the A1 and A2 ports labeled and best i can tell it should give me voltage telemetry to my tx..
www.banggood.com/2_4G-8CH-Micro-Frsky-D8...utput-p-1119830.html ?

More
30 Apr 2017 15:42 - 30 Apr 2017 15:43 #61873 by brummel
Upgraded the processor and I have now a Devo 7e Ultimate :woohoo:

But the telemetry is still not working, same result as before :(

Using Vlad's dfu +ini file and the file system of version 5.0.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2017 15:43 by brummel.

More
01 May 2017 21:06 - 01 May 2017 21:08 #61914 by brummel
Bump up :(

Are there any pitfalls due to my negligence.
Used protocols etc. from the existing file system.
BTW. I've changed the MCU but my file system was still present after this mod.
And all works even my model files :whistle: but not the telemetry.
Last edit: 01 May 2017 21:08 by brummel.

More
04 May 2017 18:48 - 04 May 2017 23:14 #62004 by brummel
Hi,
formated the file system and restored my model's and hardware.ini.
Tried the protocols from Devo 7e of the 5.0 Version and the protocol's from Vlad for the 7e too.

Signals still beeing received in the Telemetry Monitor but the voltage appears at the value 0V.

And now??

Edit: In the www I found a helpful post about FRSKY + Betaflight and the miracle word was ARMED!!! :blink:
So armed my quad voila :woohoo: the telemetry monitor shows me real voltage values.
But instead at the assumed Bat. row the voltage is seen in Cells. Then appeared, a few second later, four lines deeper a second voltage value.
Thanks to all especially to the work of the developers.

Regards Brummel
Last edit: 04 May 2017 23:14 by brummel. Reason: Found the reason why

More
06 May 2017 15:37 #62063 by aMax
For those who are interestet in highly integrated FC/RX combos, there will be a new FC with no additional MCU soon.
The receiver code( D8/ Hubtelemetry) is integrated into the Betaflight core on the F3.
www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2...r-board#post37456977

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds