Devo 7e module mod

More
12 Jun 2017 13:36 #62941 by Firebug
Devo 7e module mod was created by Firebug
Can anyone please confirm if the 8s module will actually work in the devo 7e to help improve the range?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2017 15:05 #62943 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7e module mod
It will work. However, it isn't a plug-in replacement, you have to run wires between the 7e nodule header and the 8s module. There are instructions on the forum (someone ought to move them to the wiki).

I'd recommend a 4-in-1 instead. Same connection issues, but you have the option of adding connections to use the other three rf modules.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Jun 2017 03:07 #63017 by Firebug
Replied by Firebug on topic Devo 7e module mod
Thanks for your reply mate, really appreciate it. When you say use the 4 in1, what do you mean same connection issues? is there still soldering involved? do you have the link for it? I really appreciate the help, thanks MWM.

More
16 Jun 2017 18:03 - 16 Jun 2017 18:19 #63024 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7e module mod
The 4-in-1 module is plug-compatible with the Devo 8S module. On the 6S, 10, 8S and 12S (possibly the new F-series as well) you can unplug the old RF module, plug this one in, and it works exactly the same. The advantage is that it has three extra RF modules on it. You need to add a connection for chip select for each extra module. The first two are easy (TMS & TCK on all transmitters). The last one might be a bit harder.

On the 7E, both modules will need lines from the module pins to where the RF module plugs into the 7E, as the 7E uses a different RF modules (same RF chip, different breakout) from the others. Soldering would be the conventional method for those connections, but alternatives (wire wrap, maybe) could be used if you really wanted to. If you use the connections for the 8S module with the 4-in-1, you just get the CYRF protocols, but full range. You can then add the chip select lines as with the others. On the 7E, getting all four modules working requires soldering on a micropocessor pin.

Edit: Forgot to provide the link to the module: www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-C...07.html?rmmds=search You can also see more about it in the wiki: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/modulelist/4-in-1_module

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2017 18:19 by mwm.

More
17 Jun 2017 08:47 #63032 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7e module mod
there's a howto for adding the 4in1 to the 7e here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5955-7e...he-devo-version-4in1

More
22 Jun 2017 04:30 #63087 by Firebug
Replied by Firebug on topic Devo 7e module mod
Thanks for your help. I think the soldering on this one looks waaaay above my level. Ive tried to solder wire 13 on the 3 in 1 module to the small square on the the left and it was bloody hard, so I didnt continue with it because I didnt want to stuff the transmitter.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds