Help with LMN0041 DSMX bind problems please

More
16 Jun 2017 00:11 #63014 by captjack01
Howdy

I had this in comments and questions thought I might have better results here.
I have 4 LMN0041 Lemon Rx DSMX Compatible 7-Channel Full-Range Telemetry With Diversity Antenna that I bought from 3 different vendors that I can't get a proper bind on a devo 10. I tried 0ne that has ver 4.1, one with 5.0 official release and then put v5.0.0-2017-05-29 on and tried that too. They will bind in DSM2 fine. The top red led comes on steady and red led on bottom of board is on steady. When I do it in DSMX I can get top red led to stay on mostly steadybut will blink once in a while. but bottom led is blinking like its still in bind mode. Tried all power outputs different distances shut down my wi fi , took it outside no difference. I have tried 7 ch enabled telemetry enabled and disabled. Tried 6 ch telemetry enabled and disabled. Tried fixed tried none tried my own id. Also the top led blinks slowly after bind cycle runs out then after I power it down , remove bind plug and cycle transmitter and power up rx then top red led will stay on but bottom keeps rapid blink. I would like to be able to use this in DSMX mode. Been working at this for days.

Received reply from Lemon RX today. They say they believe it's a problem with deviation (glitches) and have not heard any problems with Spektrum transmitters. Wife bought me DX8 G2 for my birthday received it today and tried it. It binded right away both leds solid.

Hopefully this will be fixed someday.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2017 18:18 #63025 by mwm
Well, deviation doesn't have problems binding with Spektrum hardware, so I'd say it's a problem with LemonRx. :)

The reality is that there's no published standard for any of the DSM protocols, just a number of groups that have reverse engineered it and verified that it works against Spektrum hardware. When two such things don't work together, the only people who are clearly at fault is Spektrum, for not releasing a standard. On the other hand, I don't think anybody in the industry does, and they at least have a small set of interoperable protocols as opposed to the CF a lot of companies have.

The best way to get it fixed would be to get a Spektrum transmitter and start capturing SPI traffic between the cpu and RF module as it binds to the LemonRX so we can see what's it's doing that we're not.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
16 Jun 2017 21:28 #63028 by captjack01
Replied by captjack01 on topic Help with LMN0041 DSMX bind problems please
Sounds like another project LOL.
Would this work?
www.amazon.com/dp/B071XFPVZJ/ref=lp_5011...d=1497647353&sr=1-13

Where would I find info on going about this procedure?

More
17 Jun 2017 00:34 #63030 by mwm
Yup, that would work. I'm not sure what software (if any) it comes with, but I believe sigrok (an open source logic analyzer package) supports USBee AX devices.

The SPI capture guide is www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...95-spi-capture-guide , and IIRC SebyDocky posted a tutorial video on his youtube channel.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
17 Jun 2017 02:21 #63031 by captjack01
Replied by captjack01 on topic Help with LMN0041 DSMX bind problems please
Thank You so much , I will order one and give it a shot might take me a while to get to it and figure it all out. I want to fly this dang thing a little bit before tearing new dx8 apart. probably first try on a few cheap xmitters first.

More
05 Jul 2017 06:13 - 05 Jul 2017 14:28 #63300 by SarahBishop
Replied by SarahBishop on topic Help with LMN0041 DSMX bind problems please
You try to check the satellite rx leads first and make sure they are working. If they seem okay, try a different satellite rx and please remember that it will have to be a DSM2 format as while the tx will work with either DSM2 or DSMX,
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 14:28 by FDR.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds