Help with newly upgraded F12E

More
16 Jul 2017 17:04 #63485 by htperry
Help with newly upgraded F12E was created by htperry
I am not new to RC or multicopters, but am new to the Devo F12E and modding it. I have successfully installed the 4-in-1 module. I am starting from zero, so all the lingo and buzzwords are hard to follow. My goal is to have a unified controller for other open source builds, like Tarot. My hobby isn't the controller, rather the modding is a goal to use a nice controller for my future projects and not have to use the RX1202 receiver.

I have successfully installed the Deviation 5.0 firmware and file system. The only bird I have that worked with the F12E before the mods was a Rodeo 150. If I undo the Deviation, the 150 works fine under Devo firmware. I was able to config and save a Rodeo profile in the interface.

I am trying to get the Rodeo 150 to work now with the modded controller. The FPV works perfectly, the 150 binds, but otherwise I can't seem to unlock the props or see the 150 operate. I'm not sure I see the Rodeo's RX150 receiver in the compatible list, but think maybe all Walkera models should be compatible with the Devo?

Can someone offer me a direction?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2017 17:49 #63487 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Help with newly upgraded F12E
You'll need to set up a model in Deviation, then work with betaflight to match channels with the Arm and flight mode functions. I'm not sure if it applies here, but if you find the range isn't right, look at the betaflight rxrange command (or search this forum).

This thread has a generic approach to the Rodeo XXX quads. And if you search Rodeo 150 there are a couple more threads. Bottom line is getting Betaflight set to your liking, and Deviation just works.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.023 seconds