[Jumper T8SG] USBHID on OS-X

More
31 Jan 2018 13:15 #67307 by cinnamondoney
[Jumper T8SG] USBHID on OS-X was created by cinnamondoney
Hi All,

Loving my new Jumper T8SG but I would like to connect the USBHID to my Macbook (OS-X) so that I can use it with flight sims. Has anyone managed to do this?

It seems the USBHID is not being detected my OSX.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2018 14:51 #67314 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic [Jumper T8SG] USBHID on OS-X
Look at the discussion in this thread . Seems like some problems with some Mac versions.

More
31 Jan 2018 20:58 #67320 by cinnamondoney
Replied by cinnamondoney on topic [Jumper T8SG] USBHID on OS-X
Thanks for the response. Looks like a solution hasn't been found yet :(

More
09 Mar 2018 12:43 #67978 by abertheham
Replied by abertheham on topic [Jumper T8SG] USBHID on OS-X
Hey. I spent an unreasonably long time looking for a solution to this problem a while back...

The only way I’ve gotten around the issue so I could use my devo (12e) with simulators (freerider, DRL, and liftoff) on my MacBook Pro (15” i7, 16Gb, current macOS version) was to buy an orange rx usb dongle. I was trying to cheapo my way out of buying anything else, but now that I have the dongle, I wish I would have just saved myself the headache and bought it to begin with. Best $20 I’ve spent this month.

It’s actually pretty nice because it has a DSMX receiver built-in, so you just create a standard dsm model plane profile, bind it like you would any other receiver, and you get a wireless connection. I drop the transmitter power to 10mW to save on battery since I’m always sitting next to my computer, but otherwise it’s all stock. The controller is recognized as a “USB dsmx HID” device, as opposed to a mouse input (so no more random movements/clicks), with no additional driver requirements.

I know you’re asking about a different transmitter, but in theory at least, any spectrum rx would work just as well. Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds