Devo 10 for simulators on Mac

More
02 May 2017 06:46 #61925 by Fantasmos
Devo 10 for simulators on Mac was created by Fantasmos
Hello,

I've got a new Devo-10 which I already successfully flashed to Deviation 5.0. At first, the computer didn't recognise the device at all. It turned out to be faulty USB cable. That was the last thing I expected but somehow figured out to try a different one and it was just connect, launch the Java app, update, all perfect :)

Now, I would like to link the remote to my mac and use it for simulators. I have Aerofly RC 7. However, when I link the USB to the transmitter, it just links as a flash drive and not as a gamepad controler for example. I've noticed some people recommending the purchase of separate cable, but they seem to be only for Windows XP. Any up-to-date info about how should I link the Transmitter to my Mac would be highly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2017 07:16 #61926 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 10 for simulators on Mac
You need to create a separate model config and use the USBHID protocol for that.

More
02 May 2017 07:18 #61927 by Fantasmos
Replied by Fantasmos on topic Devo 10 for simulators on Mac
So I do not need any other hardware, just the usb connection between the computer and the remote? I've tried to use the same model I use to fly the actual plane just switched the protocol to USBHID but nothing really happened. Do I need some extra software or configuration?

More
02 May 2017 07:28 #61928 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Devo 10 for simulators on Mac
In theory no, but there were some reported problems with the USBHID on some Mac versions.

Look at these threads:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...-give-up-with-my-mac
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...not-working-on-a-mac

More
02 May 2017 07:34 #61929 by Fantasmos
Thank you very much! So far, it turns out I am failing to reinitialize after switching the USBHID. I will try this out when I get back home and post the results.

More
02 May 2017 15:57 #61940 by Fantasmos
Mac OS Sierra - 10.12.4 when the TX links to the computer, everything looks well on the system page but it moves the mouse around crazy.

More
03 May 2017 11:55 #61958 by Martin_111
Replied by Martin_111 on topic Devo 10 for simulators on Mac
I sincerely hope that its not your mouse which gets moved around like crazy but the cursor! :lol:

Joke aside, I experienced the same problems after uptdating from Yosemite to Sierra last Christmas. After not finding a solution for a whole week, and only finding other users who have massive problems with non-Apple-USB-devices in Sierra, I downgraded the OS back to Yosemite.
So using Yosemite is the only solution I know of. Sorry about that.

More
03 May 2017 12:22 #61959 by Fantasmos
I have parallels and Windows 7 - installed Aerofly on it and it works flawlessly with the controler but has some stupid graphics glitch because of the Parallels driver direct-x 9/10 or whatever. I will try Phoenix tonight and hopefully will start some training on the simulator :)

More
03 May 2017 23:03 #61972 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 10 for simulators on Mac
I found that using a VM on my 2011 mini didn't work very well - it just doesn't have enough cycles. Switching to boot camp and dual booting solved the problem.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds