Jumper T8SG PLUS stopped working after FW upgrade

More
14 May 2018 19:01 #69219 by momen
After I did upgrade to my new Jumper T8SG PLUS it stopped working, when i turn it on nothing show up just empty black screen and also no sound from buzz when i move the trims buttons, please see the attached photo.

I used the uploader 0.8.0 (in my mac) with 05-13-2018 build (deviation-devo7e-256-v5.0.0-f17ed68.zip) then the issue happen.
I also tried other stable build for devo7e (when I connect tp uploader i see Devo 7e not T8SG) but still same issue and I tried nightly build from 05-13-2018 that says t8sg insted of devo7e and I tried with format option as well but still same issue.

At least I still can connect it to uploader and do update and see the files in file manager but when i turn it on to normal use without holding EXT then it is not working.

Any one faced same issue with Jumper T8SG PLUS ? or if you know anything that may help ?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2018 19:44 - 14 May 2018 19:58 #69220 by goebish
You shouldn't flash a 7e or t8sg v1 firmware to a t8sg v2 plus.
Check out this one instead ;)
[removed]
Last edit: 14 May 2018 19:58 by goebish.

More
14 May 2018 19:56 #69221 by momen
First try didn't work but after I used the uploader 0.9.0 then it worked.

I found the uploader 0.9.0 from this topic by (vlad_vy) i also noticed the same FW you shared there:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/7748-ju...uilds?start=20#69209

Issue solved :)

Regards.

More
14 May 2018 19:58 #69222 by goebish
Ok, I'll remove my link then, better check Vlad's topic for now :)

More
05 Aug 2018 22:56 #70125 by Natterjak2017
Replied by Natterjak2017 on topic Jumper T8SG PLUS stopped working after FW upgrade
I have just ended up in the same position as yourself,after firmware upgrade i now have a black screen with just the red light on the power button and i can no longer connect to the computer in Dfu mode or and mode for that matter..Very disappointed with this radio as it arrived just a few days ago stuck in usb mode,Looks like garbage if you ask me...

More
06 Aug 2018 17:05 #70136 by ScottyK
I have Jumper T8SG V2 and loaded the Bugs 3 Hexfet test build Hexfet firmware t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-dc7544a bugs3. It has been working flawlessly ever since. Make sure you flash only T8SG V2 Plus files.

More
06 Aug 2018 22:24 #70140 by Natterjak2017
Replied by Natterjak2017 on topic Jumper T8SG PLUS stopped working after FW upgrade
Thankfully i sorted the flashing last night,problem was my computer for some reason would not allow me to format the on board files so i tried on another laptop i have and it formatted right away,once i had that done the new firmware went on no problem and it seems to be working fine now,havent flown it yet but arming switches ect are spot on..Thanks for your input man
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2018 23:19 #70335 by Jimbuck
did you back up the stock files first? if so you can reboot to them

More
18 Aug 2018 23:24 #70336 by Jimbuck
i have been trying to load the bugs 3 on my v2 plus with no luck could you help

More
18 Aug 2018 23:26 #70337 by Jimbuck

ScottyK wrote: I have Jumper T8SG V2 and loaded the Bugs 3 Hexfet test build Hexfet firmware t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-dc7544a bugs3. It has been working flawlessly ever since. Make sure you flash only T8SG V2 Plus files.

how do i do this

More
19 Aug 2018 03:44 #70338 by ScottyK
This is how I did it.
The latest Bugs 3 version has changed www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...exfet-protocol-bugs3 Make sure you down load the proper version V2...V2Plus depending on your model. You gotta check out jaydrone he is the man when it comes the jumper set up videos. Thank you Jay

More
17 Jan 2019 09:31 #72356 by karda_dy
i have the same problem, please tell me detail how to fix it. thanks so much...

More
17 Jan 2019 09:35 #72357 by karda_dy
i use that link and stil can't work, please help me, thank you

More
17 Jan 2019 16:41 #72374 by hexfet
If your issue is that the tx firmware is not running, try following the full installation instructions in the User Manual link in the left column of this page.

More
19 Jan 2019 00:10 #72407 by karda_dy
thanks so much, my friend. i'll try

More
19 Jan 2019 13:16 #72412 by Michel406
I'm sorry to see how many people are having trouble updating their Jumper transmitters.
I think it 's necessary to be clear, all owners of T8SG transmitters, have to forget the DFUse Devention tool, drivers are installed, the application is installed without error, but nothing happens by connecting the USB it does not recognize T8SG transmitters.
I did the tests under Windows 7 and Windows 10, with a T8SG V2 Plus and finally, only the Devention Uploader Java tool seems to work.
I say seems because, at the moment I don't need more protocoles than those installed in V5.0.0, so i keep it.
After I noticed that the file system has been modified from my initial version 5.0.0 and the current nightly builds:
for example, the language file has not the same structure., so a full install is required between a genuine version and a nightly version.

an open source, it's a good thing, but when I see that there is a daily update, and this with very little control, excuse me but I find it a bit of mess to stay polite!
May we hope to have a new stable version for all transmitters using Deviation?

More
23 Jan 2019 00:40 #72482 by Ryou
I bought 'T8SG V2 Plus' which became available in Japan 2 days ago. Although I bought one even at the beginning of sales, the display unit was broken.
If the latest firmware is written to the newly purchased transmitter, the model memory file will be damaged or the transmitter setting will not be stored, and eventually the screen will not appear even when the power is turned on It becomes a state.
You can not format the memory by connecting to the PC. This phenomenon will work properly when returning to factory shipment firmware.
With the transmitter you bought first, there is no problem with the latest firmware.
I looked at the inside of the old and new transmitters.
There seems to be no change in PCB. However, the memory that I think is installed next to the CPU is different. Moreover, there is evidence that the memory IC of the new transmitter soldered by hand.
As I guess, I think that memory IC could not be obtained, I soldered the IC of a different manufacturer later. Did not we change the firmware somewhere so as to operate so that the IC changes and works?
I have a doubt.
Are model memory files using memory outside the CPU?
If there is a problem with external memory access Can you cope with software change? (Error in writing)

Looking at the IC attached to the new transmitter you can read 'WINBOND'. I can not see the old transmitter well, but it looks like 'SST' in the part that seems to be the manufacturer name.

More
23 Jan 2019 01:07 #72483 by Ryou
The changed IC is the IC enclosed in yellow.
Attachments:

More
23 Jan 2019 06:06 #72486 by vlad_vy
Can you try modded nightly build T8SG V2 Plus firmware with flash memory auto detection?

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...le-w-recent-firmware

More
23 Jan 2019 09:11 #72492 by Ryou
It seems that my friend 'Tonsuke' confirmed operation.
Thank you very much for your early correspondence.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds