Important information

To file a bug, find instructions here: Reporting bugs

Please only post images or files to this forum which you either own the copyright to or you are sure can be distributed under an open source license.

Will software V5 cure my DSM2/DSMX brown outs?

More
09 Jul 2018 12:31 #69820 by shwmae
I've suffered 3 plane crashes in as many days due to brown outs whilst using an Orange DMS2 and Lemon DSMX flight stabilizer RX's.

So will upgrading to V5 definitely solve these problems or are there still known issues?

I'd rather know the truth because at the moment, I don't trust my Devo 8 now with anything other than Devo receivers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 08:27 #69834 by sbstnp
Is your Devo 8 spontaneously rebooting? Or you mean brown-out at the receiver?

Can you do a range check?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
10 Jul 2018 10:06 #69837 by vlad_vy
If connection can be restored only after transmitter reboot, V5 nightly builds can help, it has detection for frozen CYRF6936 chip (DSM2 and DSMX) and automatic chip reset. Also, you can use " Deviation v5.0.0 build with latest protocols", it has color GUI identical to older releases.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/6407-de...-protocols?start=380

More
10 Jul 2018 10:55 #69838 by shwmae
My Devo 8 didn't reboot at any time, it was signal loss at the RX end for sure. The LED on the Orange RX was flashing after the most recent crash to confirm it. Not that I needed confirmation, I could tell that the signal was dropping out because I was losing all control to the plane and then a few seconds later, I'd regain control but then it would go again.
Oh well, I've installed V5 now anyway and will try again. The plane is a wreck now so one more crash won't make any difference, lol!

More
10 Jul 2018 12:25 #69840 by vlad_vy
With V5 and DSM2/DSMX third party receivers use "OrangeRx" protocol option.

More
10 Jul 2018 13:25 #69842 by shwmae
I don't have a "OrangeRX" protocol option

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds