Important information

To file a bug, find instructions here: Reporting bugs

Please only post images or files to this forum which you either own the copyright to or you are sure can be distributed under an open source license.

Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???

More
23 Jul 2018 21:24 - 23 Jul 2018 21:32 #69937 by Zulu__Dawn
Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper??? was created by Zulu__Dawn
Hi everyone,

1st post to the forums and I tried to search, so sorry if this is old/redundant. I have been messing around now for 2 days trying to figure out how to make my throttle (mode 2) into a FLAP control.

I have a DLG that I am setting up and everyone tells me to put my FLAPS on the throttle stick. So I am trying to work out the mix.

I worked out a mix so now my AIL's work correctly like on a delta wing. I have my AIL mixed into my THR. So here is the issue, the AIL's work correctly but when I cycle the throttle stick only the 1 servo plugged into the THR channel on my Rx works. So I get action on only 1 side.

I cant get both both sides to work. Am I not supposed to plug directly into the throttle channel on the Rx? A.am I supposed to plug into an AUX channel on my Rx and then MIX my throttle over to the AUX?

2nd what is the program I need to install on the PC that shows the mix so I can copy and paste it here. I see on you tube that guys are using some sort of emulator on screen to preset/test mixes.

Again sorry if this easy 3rd grade stuff. I just got my NEW T8SG Jumper 2 days ago and have never used Deviation...I am used to DX6I type programming.

Zulu
Last edit: 23 Jul 2018 21:32 by Zulu__Dawn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2018 02:23 #69942 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
24 Jul 2018 04:44 #69946 by Zulu__Dawn
Replied by Zulu__Dawn on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Thank you for the emulator link.

I just figured everything out. Took me another 4 hours, but I got everything to work the way I want. It took some guessing and reversing but I got it.

I was able to mix the throttle channel to the aileron channel and each channel had 2 pages. Pretty much the same as an Elevon mix but using the throttle channel.

Next is figuring out how to add Expo and/or dual rates to a specific channel.

Zulu

More
24 Jul 2018 05:01 #69947 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
You could have a look at this post www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-template...lease?start=20#69364
it is for elevon mix but has examples of simple and D/R model ini's with an explanation of the mixes in a generic deviation format.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
30 Jul 2018 16:09 #69998 by Thinker
Replied by Thinker on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Might not help but this is one way I set up a 2 Servo Aileron with two settings delayed flaps and EXPO/Dual Rate

Aileron channels: CH2 and CH5, Flaps on Switch A, Dual Rate on Switch H
Switch H0 = Low scale 70% with Expo 40
Switch H1 = High scale 100% with Expo 50
Switch A0 = No Flaps
Switch A1 = 15% Flaps
Switch A2 = 50% Flaps (takes about 2.5s to go full 50% and same delay back)

Mixer settings
CH2, Complex, 3 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW H0, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 40, Scale: 70, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW H1, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 50, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 3 - Switch: None, Mux: add, Src: V-Flap, Curve: 1-to-1, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

CH5, Complex, 3 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW H0, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 40, Scale: 70, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW H1, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 50, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 3 - Switch: None, Mux: add, Src: V-Flap, Curve: 1-to-1, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

V-Flap (Virt1 renamed), Complex, 4 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW A0, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: 0, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW A1, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: -15, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 3 - Switch: SW A2, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: -50, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 4 - Switch: None, Mux: delay, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

More
31 Jul 2018 20:01 #70014 by Waroled
Replied by Waroled on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
in fact, Thinker, i think that this one might really help. i'm going to try it out and will come back with updates. thanks. can i ask questions in case i would have some? thanks a lot!

More
31 Jul 2018 20:11 #70015 by Zulu__Dawn
Replied by Zulu__Dawn on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Yeah...thanks a lot...this is huge and helps me to understand how to setup mixes in general.

This whole deviation/open tx programming is tuff if you have never used it before.

Have been on YouTube a ton trying to figure things out.

Zulu

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds