Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???

More
23 Jul 2018 21:24 - 23 Jul 2018 21:32 #69937 by Zulu__Dawn
Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper??? was created by Zulu__Dawn
Hi everyone,

1st post to the forums and I tried to search, so sorry if this is old/redundant. I have been messing around now for 2 days trying to figure out how to make my throttle (mode 2) into a FLAP control.

I have a DLG that I am setting up and everyone tells me to put my FLAPS on the throttle stick. So I am trying to work out the mix.

I worked out a mix so now my AIL's work correctly like on a delta wing. I have my AIL mixed into my THR. So here is the issue, the AIL's work correctly but when I cycle the throttle stick only the 1 servo plugged into the THR channel on my Rx works. So I get action on only 1 side.

I cant get both both sides to work. Am I not supposed to plug directly into the throttle channel on the Rx? A.am I supposed to plug into an AUX channel on my Rx and then MIX my throttle over to the AUX?

2nd what is the program I need to install on the PC that shows the mix so I can copy and paste it here. I see on you tube that guys are using some sort of emulator on screen to preset/test mixes.

Again sorry if this easy 3rd grade stuff. I just got my NEW T8SG Jumper 2 days ago and have never used Deviation...I am used to DX6I type programming.

Zulu
Last edit: 23 Jul 2018 21:32 by Zulu__Dawn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2018 02:23 #69942 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
24 Jul 2018 04:44 #69946 by Zulu__Dawn
Replied by Zulu__Dawn on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Thank you for the emulator link.

I just figured everything out. Took me another 4 hours, but I got everything to work the way I want. It took some guessing and reversing but I got it.

I was able to mix the throttle channel to the aileron channel and each channel had 2 pages. Pretty much the same as an Elevon mix but using the throttle channel.

Next is figuring out how to add Expo and/or dual rates to a specific channel.

Zulu

More
24 Jul 2018 05:01 #69947 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
You could have a look at this post www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-template...lease?start=20#69364
it is for elevon mix but has examples of simple and D/R model ini's with an explanation of the mixes in a generic deviation format.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
30 Jul 2018 16:09 #69998 by Thinker
Replied by Thinker on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Might not help but this is one way I set up a 2 Servo Aileron with two settings delayed flaps and EXPO/Dual Rate

Aileron channels: CH2 and CH5, Flaps on Switch A, Dual Rate on Switch H
Switch H0 = Low scale 70% with Expo 40
Switch H1 = High scale 100% with Expo 50
Switch A0 = No Flaps
Switch A1 = 15% Flaps
Switch A2 = 50% Flaps (takes about 2.5s to go full 50% and same delay back)

Mixer settings
CH2, Complex, 3 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW H0, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 40, Scale: 70, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW H1, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 50, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 3 - Switch: None, Mux: add, Src: V-Flap, Curve: 1-to-1, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

CH5, Complex, 3 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW H0, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 40, Scale: 70, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW H1, Mux: Replace, Src: AIL, Curve: EXPO 50, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, Trim
Page 3 - Switch: None, Mux: add, Src: V-Flap, Curve: 1-to-1, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

V-Flap (Virt1 renamed), Complex, 4 Mixers
Page 1 - Switch: SW A0, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: 0, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 2 - Switch: SW A1, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: -15, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 3 - Switch: SW A2, Mux: Replace, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: -50, Offset: 0, No Trim
Page 4 - Switch: None, Mux: delay, Src: None, Curve: Fixed, Scale: 100, Offset: 0, No Trim

More
31 Jul 2018 20:01 - 03 Jun 2020 11:59 #70014 by Waroled
Replied by Waroled on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
in fact, Thinker, i think that this one might really help. i'm going to try it out and will come back with updates. thanks. can i ask questions in case i would have some? thanks a lot! https://delicerecipes.com/tom-yum-goong-nam-knon-or-thai-coconut-soup-recipe
Last edit: 03 Jun 2020 11:59 by Waroled. Reason: grammar

More
31 Jul 2018 20:11 #70015 by Zulu__Dawn
Replied by Zulu__Dawn on topic Flaperon Mix on a T8SG Jumper???
Yeah...thanks a lot...this is huge and helps me to understand how to setup mixes in general.

This whole deviation/open tx programming is tuff if you have never used it before.

Have been on YouTube a ton trying to figure things out.

Zulu

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds