Flysky Vario Support

More
28 Aug 2018 10:15 - 28 Aug 2018 10:16 #70503 by propnut
Flysky Vario Support was created by propnut
Hello all

I would like to use the Flysky/Turnigy Variometer to display and alert on my Altitude. There is an Alt option under the Telemetry settings but the Variometer does not seem to be detected and I get no values. When I bind the same receiver/sensor pairing to my Flysky i10 radio it works perfectly.

Is the module actually supported or is the Alt setting just a place holder for further development.

I have installed the latest nightly build.

Thanks
Last edit: 28 Aug 2018 10:16 by propnut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2018 19:52 #70854 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Flysky Vario Support
Hi Guys

Sorry to ask again but I would really like to be able to utilise my Altitude sensor. Is there any chance of getting the Turnigy/Flysky CAT-01 sensor supported.

Link to Sensor

Or can someone tell me what the ALT telemetry field is for under the AFHDS-2A telemetry settings if not for an Altitude reading ?

More
13 Sep 2018 17:08 #70889 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Flysky Vario Support
Altitude is not currently supported in the protocol. Looks like it needs support for a different telemetry packet type (AC frame). Can add it to the to-do list...

More
17 Sep 2018 12:32 #70946 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Flysky Vario Support
Thanks hexfet, that would be awesome. Really appreciate all the hard work you developers put in to give us all this great RC system. You and the guys over at OpenTX have really changed this hobby.

More
02 Dec 2018 01:54 #71948 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Flysky Vario Support
Test build (dc342d8) is available . Adds support for telemetry data Vario, Altitude, Current, RPM, GPS Lat, GPS Long, and GPS Altitude.

Not sure this will work because couldn't find any hard data on the 4-byte telemetry value packet format. I assumed it's just an extension of the packet format that was already in place. Used the telemetry sensor definitions from here to add the new values.

There are two sensor definitions for a vario sensor: "CLIMB_RATE" and "VERTICAL_SPEED". May need some trial and error testing to get the code working.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds