Definitive Freq-Fine setting for FrSky XM+

More
07 Oct 2018 02:49 - 07 Oct 2018 02:50 #71204 by Fallingwater
Definitive Freq-Fine setting for FrSky XM+ was created by Fallingwater
What's the definitive word on the proper setting? Can users who are running this receiver add their adjustment so we can see what's ideal?

I lowered it until the receiver was bound - around -20 - and I thought that was enough. Went out with a freshly built quad and had a test flight that went well, so I dared a bit more and got a failsafe at very close range (fortunately no damage). Then I figured the green LED on the receiver wasn't actually supposed to flicker, and that it did meant the reception was marginal.

A post in this thread says:

Change the freq-fine setting to more negative values and see if the glitching stops. Keep going till it starts glitching again, then set freq-fine to a value in the middle.

This makes sense, but my green LED stops flickering somewhere below -30 and stays steady green no matter how low I go, up to the limit of -127. I could pick a value between -30 and -127 and set Freq-Fine to -78, but that seems arbitrary as I don't actually know the lower negative value at which it becomes unreliable again.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2018 02:50 by Fallingwater.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2018 11:33 - 07 Oct 2018 11:37 #71205 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Definitive Freq-Fine setting for FrSky XM+
To get an idea of the variations /spread in tune I opened this topic.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ncy-tunes-here#68331

Basically the tune is depending on the center frequency of your X-tal used in your Tx module and the X-tal used in your receiver.
If we assume Frsky original Rx has low tolerances, all Frsky Rx should get the same tune value to your Tx module.
So I wanted to check if is the case.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2018 11:37 by Fernandez.

More
09 Oct 2018 15:05 - 09 Oct 2018 15:05 #71233 by Fallingwater
Replied by Fallingwater on topic Definitive Freq-Fine setting for FrSky XM+
I'm not sure how to read those numbers. I understand the "x to y" numbers mean minimum and maximum adjustment at which the RX binds, but what do the others refer to? And practically, how does this translate to my XM+ receivers, and how should I set freq-fine? I'm using a Devo 10 with the Banggood 4-in-1 module .

Sorry for being dense, I can solder all day long but radio stuff has always confused me.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2018 15:05 by Fallingwater.

More
10 Oct 2018 07:51 #71259 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Definitive Freq-Fine setting for FrSky XM+
put your TX in lowest power setting. Keep antennes at fixed distance ca 1m, not change. try to tune and find the upper and lower Freq tune were it just still can/loose bind to the Receiver.

Then calculate the middle value and set this tune value inside.

The tune is depending on tolerances between X-tal in Tx and X-Tal in RX, default is tune at zero, but depends for each system. For maximize range you can tune and find optimal center.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds