T8SG+ and Deviation Uploader (2019 MacBook)

More
16 Jun 2019 03:03 #74548 by scorduan
I've been looking through these threads:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ing-after-fw-upgrade

www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/7748-ju...uilds?start=20#69209

www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...d-deviation-uploader

I've got the T8SG+ showing as a drive. However, It doesn't seem to show up correctly in deviation uploader. (I think) I'm able to select the firmware correctly, and the install/upgrade button is highlighted... but there's no activity.

Attachment ScreenShot2019-06-15at8.01.31PM.png not found

Hitting the same google searches 1000 times doesn't seem to be making progress, so I thought I'd take the risk of being a fool and post ...
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2019 03:10 #74549 by scorduan
Replied by scorduan on topic T8SG+ and Deviation Uploader (2019 MacBook)
Running the jar from the command line, I see the attached error appear:

Attachment error.txt not found

Attachments:

More
17 Jun 2019 19:49 #74558 by scorduan
I was hitting the wrong button. Instead of hitting the "exit" button, I was hitting the "enter" button and going into USB drive mode. So... then I managed to brick my gear, instead... I'm looking through this:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...us-stuck-in-usb-mode

More
17 Jun 2019 21:45 #74559 by scorduan
Okay... I finished cleaning up my own mess. Some things I learned, in case someone else is as clueless as I was:

1. If you use your "enter" key and power on, that puts you in USB drive mode. This is good for taking backups and updating to the latest filesystem files version.
2. If you use your "exit" (EXT) key and power on, that puts you in "update" mode. This is good for using the DeviationUpload-0.9.0.jar to update your firmware.
3. Chances are, all you need to do to take an update is use the Deviation Uploader and upload the .dfu file to your firmware.
4. It's handy to have a windows machine available if you've bricked something and need to format the drive.
5. If you need to update the files in the FS, don't use the DeviationUpdater, manage them via the USB drive mode.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds