T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade

More
18 Jun 2020 09:23 - 18 Jun 2020 15:47 #76497 by propnut
T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade was created by propnut
Hi Guys

I updated my T8SG Carbon to the latest nightly builds using the deviation-uploader tool. If I use the PLUS version then I just get a blank screen. If I use the V2 version I get the USB symbol and when I plug this into my PC it says the USB drive needs to be initialised. I have tried formatting it and manually copying across the files from the zip but then it complains there isn't enough space even if I remove the DFU and debug files.

Any ideas
Last edit: 18 Jun 2020 15:47 by propnut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2020 15:51 - 01 Jul 2020 08:31 #76499 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
OK so never mind, I fixed it myself. Using the Deviation-Uploader tool is a big mistake on this radio it severely corrupts the partition table of the internal drive. You must use the Walkera DFUSE tool.

I followed the instructions in this thread

https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/8656-t8sg-v2-windows-can-t-format-usb-drive

EDIT: I am now not so sure that the Deviation Uploader is to blame. I had the same issue again on a RadioMaster TX8. I am suspecting my MAC is somehow corrupting the partition.

I then installed an SD-CARD, copied across the voice pack and now have a working radio with voice running the latest nightly build

:) :) :)
Last edit: 01 Jul 2020 08:31 by propnut. Reason: Updated information

More
31 Aug 2020 12:09 #76737 by gustavochagas
Replied by gustavochagas on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
my radiomaster tx8 also corrupts the internal drive without explaining anything, then i have to format and copy the firmware files again, but it seems that it will always corrupt at any time again.

installing the sd-card solved the problem ??

my speaker and sd-card to install already arrived from banggood ...lucky me!

More
23 Oct 2020 17:25 #76924 by Jumperbrian
Replied by Jumperbrian on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
New Radiomaster T8sg with LCD display from Bangood. Tried everything from this site and elsewhere to sort drive file corruption.
I can flash firmware with both Uploader and the DFU method. All seems good, then intermittly and randomly the drive corrupts and the USB logo shows on the TX screen.
I can easily sort it, format the drive ( after pressing first the up then down keys or full install) and copy and paste from my computer backup. But just when you think it's sorted the USB screen is back.
Things I have tried.
1. Used partician software to, restore MBR and use data recovery. I can see all my lost folders etc but as it's a free copy I can not restore.
2. Tried things in Windcows quick format, normal, computer management tools and other things not sure what. Oh and making sure to do the remove USB thing before disconecting.
3. Used Data Recovery software and manged to recover all my model inis.
4. Tried several firmware versions.
5. Used android tablet. I can view system files and other files that don't show in Windows even with show hidden files sellected.

SO I can quickly get it up and running But just when you need it up pops the USB screen,

Obviously please help.

More
23 Oct 2020 17:26 #76925 by Jumperbrian
Replied by Jumperbrian on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
New Radiomaster T8sg with LCD display from Bangood. Tried everything from this site and elsewhere to sort drive file corruption.
I can flash firmware with both Uploader and the DFU method. All seems good, then intermittly and randomly the drive corrupts and the USB logo shows on the TX screen.
I can easily sort it, format the drive ( after pressing first the up then down keys or full install) and copy and paste from my computer backup. But just when you think it's sorted the USB screen is back.
Things I have tried.
1. Used partician software to, restore MBR and use data recovery. I can see all my lost folders etc but as it's a free copy I can not restore.
2. Tried things in Windcows quick format, normal, computer management tools and other things not sure what. Oh and making sure to do the remove USB thing before disconecting.
3. Used Data Recovery software and manged to recover all my model inis.
4. Tried several firmware versions.
5. Used android tablet. I can view system files and other files that don't show in Windows even with show hidden files sellected.

SO I can quickly get it up and running But just when you need it up pops the USB screen,

Obviously please help.

More
24 Oct 2020 11:03 #76926 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
Are you perhaps plugging it into a MAC ?

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds