T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade

More
18 Jun 2020 09:23 - 18 Jun 2020 15:47 #76497 by propnut
T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade was created by propnut
Hi Guys

I updated my T8SG Carbon to the latest nightly builds using the deviation-uploader tool. If I use the PLUS version then I just get a blank screen. If I use the V2 version I get the USB symbol and when I plug this into my PC it says the USB drive needs to be initialised. I have tried formatting it and manually copying across the files from the zip but then it complains there isn't enough space even if I remove the DFU and debug files.

Any ideas
Last edit: 18 Jun 2020 15:47 by propnut.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2020 15:51 - 01 Jul 2020 08:31 #76499 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic T8SG Carbon Plus Dead After Upgrade
OK so never mind, I fixed it myself. Using the Deviation-Uploader tool is a big mistake on this radio it severely corrupts the partition table of the internal drive. You must use the Walkera DFUSE tool.

I followed the instructions in this thread

https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/8656-t8sg-v2-windows-can-t-format-usb-drive

EDIT: I am now not so sure that the Deviation Uploader is to blame. I had the same issue again on a RadioMaster TX8. I am suspecting my MAC is somehow corrupting the partition.

I then installed an SD-CARD, copied across the voice pack and now have a working radio with voice running the latest nightly build

:) :) :)
Last edit: 01 Jul 2020 08:31 by propnut. Reason: Updated information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.026 seconds