Need testers for USBcode

More
04 Jul 2015 22:58 #35118 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Need testers for USBcode
0.7 definitely has some issues. Your usbdeview shows the driver is installed properly so the issue is with the jar file. I am not sure exactly what is causing the issue, but I see that 0.7 doesn't work reliably on Win8.1 for me either. Unfortunately, I ripped up the code adding a new feature, and the new code isn't stable (or finished) yet. I'm working on it now but it'll be a little while before it is back in shape for testing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2015 08:36 #35126 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Need testers for USBcode

PhracturedBlue wrote: I have released version 1.1 of the USB Driver installer. This one no longer supports XP, but it also no longer uses zadig (instead I use zadic which is a command-line version) so it is much more reliable. There is also a single version for both 32Bit and 64bit. tested on Win7,8.1, and 10(preview)

My next task will be to fix up the uploader itself

Hello PhracturedBlue,

I did not follow the USB thread until now.

Pardon me for asking that newbie question but what is this " version 1.1 of the USB Driver installer" used for?

Has it something to do with the Walkera DfuSe USB utility to flash the firmware or mount a Devo transmitter in USB harddrive mode?

Is it that USB driver part of your new uploader utility to flash a 12E, which is not supported by Walkera itself?

Do you really have in mind dropping Windows XP USB mounting support for the DeviationTX firmware itself to mount it as USB drive and access model.ini files or push new icons to the Devo flash drive? Sounds like that to me. I just can hope that THIS is not the case. Or that 1.0 + 1.1 is supported at the same time?

I guess the best is to be as much compatible as possible? Yes, I even run a Laptop on XP...

Thomas

More
05 Jul 2015 10:22 #35129 by PhracturedBlue
The USBDrv code is used to provide an easy way to switch between the 'libusb' and 'STMicro' USB drivers. My 'Deviation-Uploader' uses the 'libusb' method, whereas Walkera's DFuSe Uploader uses the 'STMicro' method. I wanted a simple one-button solution to make it easy to switch between them.

Supporting Windows XP with this method is too difficult, and so I won't any longer. I think the 1.0 version (in the 'old' section) should work for XP, but if not, you can use zadig manually to complete the steps, so it will be possible to use WinodwsXP with Deviation-Uploader, you just may need to do the install steps manually.

Deviation-Uploader is required for programming the F12E, and may become required fro programming the Devo7e in the future. Once it is working well, I will make it the recommended way for all installs, since it is designed to be less error prone than Walkera's software.

More
05 Jul 2015 10:35 - 05 Jul 2015 10:36 #35130 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Need testers for USBcode
Thanks for your fast feedback PB.

The code in the DeviationTX which supports accessing the modell.ini files as USB flash drive (which supports Windows XP as well as) is then something else and not meant by this thread?
Seems like that this is supported by the "Generic USB Windows driver"...
Last edit: 05 Jul 2015 10:36 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
05 Jul 2015 12:26 #35131 by PhracturedBlue
Yes, that is something different. It is what I am planning on removing in the Devo7e (which will then require the Deviation-Uploader to copy files to/from your Devo7e). But that is not a discussion for this thread.

More
09 Jul 2015 20:45 - 09 Jul 2015 20:47 #35289 by PhracturedBlue
I have released a new version of the Deviation Uploader in the USB Tools section:
deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/1...ation-uploader-0-8-0

This should fix several issues including:
Proper detection of transmitters when multiple usb devices are present
Larger fonts for high-res screens
Dialog should pop-up after transfer completion

But the major change is the 'File Manager' tab. This will let you see what files are on the transmitter, copy them to the PC, upload new files to the Tx, Delete files from the Tx, View images on the Tx, and edit ini files on the tx. This feature is needed because the F12E does not have USB file-system support. However, it is likely I'll remove USB filesystem support for the Devo7e in the future, so this will then be needed for the 7e as well. It should work with all Deviated transmitters (except the Devo12 for the moment)

Because of Java limitations, it is not entirely drag-and drop (deleting and fetching files requires using the related buttons, copy files to the tx is drag-and-drop)
Because of windows limitations, I included an internal ini editor rather than using a native one

I've tested most of this on a real transmitter, but do not currently have access to one, so the last few edits have only been tested via emulation, so it is possible things won't work as expected. Even still I'd like feedback on how it works, as despite my lack of Tx, I have more time to work on it now.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2015 20:47 by PhracturedBlue.

More
12 Jul 2015 08:41 #35359 by stevecox
Replied by stevecox on topic Need testers for USBcode
Yep this now works good for me on Win10 32 bit build 10130. Once again a big thank you to yourself and everyone's continued work on Deviation. It is such a pleasure, I am really grateful for all the time and effort that goes into this software and tools. Cheers!

Adelaide

More
25 Jul 2015 08:43 #35948 by Gunawan
Replied by Gunawan on topic Need testers for USBcode
Dear PB,

i have successfully installed the winusb device driver, but the uploader still does not recognize my transmitter, any idea what the problem is ?

More
06 Aug 2015 07:16 #36601 by vasiliy_gr
Replied by vasiliy_gr on topic Need testers for USBcode
Tested Deviation Uploader 0.8.0 on openSuse with Devos 10 and 7e. Really - it is working with no needs in some additional steps!.. Really great. No more need to use windows VM for dfu upload.

The only one confusing issue - those "Install Protocols" and "Install Library" checkboxes while "Firmware" and "Library" versions info next to it. I mean that on 7e. As far as I understand first checkbox copies protocols folder while this folder info is named "Library". And second checkbox uploads dfu that is named "Firmware". Is it so?

If so I believe it is better to exchange these two checkboxes positions and also to rename "Install Library" into "Install Firmware".

More
06 Aug 2015 10:15 #36603 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Need testers for USBcode

Gunawan wrote: Dear PB,

i have successfully installed the winusb device driver, but the uploader still does not recognize my transmitter, any idea what the problem is ?

Do you find this in your "Device Manager" ?

If the driver installed correctly, you should find this.
Attachments:

More
06 Aug 2015 14:39 #36609 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Need testers for USBcode

vasiliy_gr wrote: Tested Deviation Uploader 0.8.0 on openSuse with Devos 10 and 7e. Really - it is working with no needs in some additional steps!.. Really great. No more need to use windows VM for dfu upload.

The only one confusing issue - those "Install Protocols" and "Install Library" checkboxes while "Firmware" and "Library" versions info next to it. I mean that on 7e. As far as I understand first checkbox copies protocols folder while this folder info is named "Library". And second checkbox uploads dfu that is named "Firmware". Is it so?

If so I believe it is better to exchange these two checkboxes positions and also to rename "Install Library" into "Install Firmware".

WIthout starting a VM to look at it, I'd guess the "Install Library" checkbox causes the library required for the Devo 12 to be installed. If that's the case, then it should be greyed out on everything but the Devo 12, and the "Install Protocol" checkbox which cause the libraries required for the Devo 7e to be installed should be greyed out on everything but the Devo 7e.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Sep 2015 15:24 #37599 by kestel
Replied by kestel on topic Need testers for USBcode
Hello.

I don't know how is correct using this thread to bug reports, but after upload nightly build via Deviation Uploader (I'm using gentoo, kernel 4.2.0-r1)
I've got the not correct shift for filesystem. In Linux filesystem shows incorrectly, but from Windows 7 all was right.
After format FS under Win7 and copy files from archive - all works correctly.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

More
16 Oct 2015 22:47 #38941 by JohnWasser
Replied by JohnWasser on topic Need testers for USBcode
Successfully used DeviationUploader 0.8.0 (DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar) to installed V4.0.1 on a DEVO 7E with Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). It was a bit strange when 0.8.0 first came up with a mostly blank dialog, showing only "Devo 7e" in a text box at the top. Selecting "About DeviationUploader" from the DeviationUploader menu brought up the About dialog AND populated the main dialog.

Used the DFU tab to upload "deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1/deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1.dfu"

Then used the Install/Upgrade tab to install "deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1.zip"

The DEVO 7E survived the upgrade and seems to be fully operational.

More
18 Oct 2015 18:11 - 18 Oct 2015 18:13 #39025 by flubber
Replied by flubber on topic Need testers for USBcode
thanks for the usbcode. i tryed it with my 2 different notebooks.

- works fine with my older notebook with usb2& win10. Tested with a devo7e and devo10
- my new notebook with usb3.0 and win7.1 will not work. the device doesn`t found. i think it depends on the usb3.0
Last edit: 18 Oct 2015 18:13 by flubber.

More
03 Nov 2015 13:13 #39497 by Muskoka
Replied by Muskoka on topic Need testers for USBcode
Thanks for this. Worked fine in Win10 64bit loading the latest nightly on my Devo 10. As the poster above me stated, it wouldn't work (doesn't see the transmitter) if connected to USB 3.0, but worked fine once connected to USB 2.0. Selected the unzipped zip file for the nightly, and it installed fine.

More
17 Nov 2015 06:18 #40144 by mellowvision
Replied by mellowvision on topic Need testers for USBcode
I'm using OSX 10.10.5, and am wondering how to run the jar file. I've tried double clicking, but get an error that it can not run, and it leaves and error in console:

11/17/15 1:07:22.612 AM Console[21443]: Failed to connect (_consoleX) outlet from (NSApplication) to (ConsoleX): missing setter or instance variable

I'm using a devo 6s that has already been flashed with deviation and had modules installed... it's running devo6-v4.0.1-583c468

I'm just trying to make sure I can connect and flash it if I need to. I've done a bunch of reading and searching here, but it's a little hard to find mac information. Would be great if we had a sticky thread with some tips for mac users.

More
13 Dec 2015 23:19 - 17 Feb 2016 10:21 #40899 by Falaserio
Replied by Falaserio on topic Need testers for USBcode
I was only able to install the driver manually with Zadig. The installer is able to delete drivers but not installing...
I'm using a F12E and Win8.1

The uploader ( 0.8 ) works but is unstable, the issues I've found so far:
- Files are sometimes listed sometimes not. The times it works is only directly after flashing firmware.
- File management doesn't work. I can't get to change models or other .ini files.
- After flashing, the file system is sometimes corrupted. I noticed this always happens when you disconnect the USB before turning the radio off. When this happens you arrive at issue 0000633: www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ation-firmware#36102

I've managed to get my F12E working and change models by changing them in the nightly .zip and flashing everything again every time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Feb 2016 10:21 by Falaserio.

More
08 May 2017 01:41 #62128 by brin
Replied by brin on topic Need testers for USBcode
Hello, PB

just tried uploader 0.8 for Devo7e on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64bit

to upgrade D 4.01 to 5.0

tried with/without sudo, 7e is in USB mode and I have access with any file explorer,

but jar doesn't detect the tx.

anything I can do to force detection, or should I pull out hated Win 8 backup notebook?

big thanks

mICHael

More
24 Nov 2017 07:50 #66118 by Neuer_User
Replied by Neuer_User on topic Need testers for USBcode
Not sure, if the thread is still alive.

I tried upgrading the firmware of the Jumper T8SG, but get the error:
"Error: Dfu Tx type 'Unknown' does not match transmitter type 'Devo 7e'"

It works nicely on my Devo 7e, only on the Jumper, I get this error. I searched for a Windoze box and was able to flash the Jumper with the Dfuse tool. So, it seems to be an incompatibility of the DeviationUpload tool and the Jumper.

Any chance to fix this?

Thanks

Michael

P.S.: Thanks for the hard work to provide this great tool.

More
24 Nov 2017 08:26 - 24 Nov 2017 08:49 #66120 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Need testers for USBcode
I think that anybody need to change "transmitters.yml" and rebuild Deviation Uploader to 0.9:

bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-u...68c4f69f8?at=default

Probably will be enough to change "matchRules":
name:        Devo 7e
id:          DEVO-7E
numChannels: 7
fsProtocols: ALL
root:
    sectorOffset: 0
    sectorCount:  512
    fsType:       FAT
    inverted:     true
matchRules:
    - "DEVO-7E.*"
    - ".*devo7e.*"
    - "7e"
    - "t8sg"
Last edit: 24 Nov 2017 08:49 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds