Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

More
07 Jul 2016 16:10 #51411 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
1. No, I don't. We're working on it, and it's operational in a sense on my personal AT9 with my module installed. But it lacks many things for release quality and several problems need to be handled.
2. I created a board for the 4-in-1 module which also hosts an SPI flash. I use one specific model, but we plan to make the driver universal so that it handles a range of different semi-compatible SPI flash chips.
3. The second one, but what Banggood have now seems to be an old model. New model with many problems fixed is still not available widely enough.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2016 09:22 - 10 Jul 2016 09:42 #51513 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

victzh wrote: And it is almost immaterial for the purpose of using it as a new platform for Deviation. For standard Deviation use pattern we're replacing the radio part with our own radio module and it becomes just another (well-specced - powerful processor, large number of switches and pots) Deviated TX.

Another use - Deviation on unmodded AT9 supporting native Radiolink protocol - is not there yet. For this use differences in radios may be in radio module, not in the TX itself.

I answered due to the diffs seeable at their webside, nothing more.
And yes, if you like to strip the radio it may not interest.
But please tell me, why I should do so?
When I asked TI some time ago I was recommended to go for CC2530 over CC2500.
At this moment I'm still in an evaltuating process but I tend to forget FRSKY and swap over to CC2530.

anasm2010 wrote: The AT9 have also 10 channel :)

???
Since when?

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jul 2016 09:42 by bianchifan. Reason: pics added

More
11 Jul 2016 10:51 #51546 by anasm2010
Replied by anasm2010 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
@bianchifan , I get mine on the beginning of 2016 and It has 10 channel when used on Sbus! you can see the 10 channel at the 13 min of this video --->

@victzh, thank you for the answer. Do you know how much can cost the custom board you are talking about with SPI flash + the 4in 1 RF ?

More
11 Jul 2016 15:48 #51550 by victzh
4-in-1 module cost $35 on Banggood. When I'm done designing the add-on board I'll try to persuade the manufacturer of the 4-in-1 to build this board as well. The only problem is there are two connectors - one for Devo and another for AT9 and you can't put them together - they physically interfere with the other TX's board.

If he does this it will add a small cost to 4-in-1, analogous to his own Devo board. If not, I can build some myself but it will be much more expensive - I'm not in China. Expect additional $15-20, I have not calculated it yet. It also depends on demand - should I do it myself (slow and expensive) or contract small prototyping (needs scale to be more economically viable than the manual build).

If you can solder, I will publish design files so that you can order components and build it yourself. For AT9 some soldering is inevitable - you need to carefully remove native module and install a header for the add-on.

More
12 Jul 2016 00:34 #51564 by dc59
Hi Victzh,

I think Ren will contact with you first, he is interested in your add-on board and willing to produce this module! :lol:
Is it possible to use a transfer board make DEVO verison module can be install on AT9?

More
12 Jul 2016 03:43 #51566 by victzh
Devo version module is a 4-in-1 mounted on a board with extra logic and questionable radio frequency path to U.Fl connector. I don't know how this board is made exactly, may be it's an honest 4 layer board - then this path is OK. My board uses 4-in-1 turned 90 degrees and the path from 4-in-1 RF output to U.Fl connector is very short, so it can't be that bad. See attached picture to get the idea. You can desolder the 4-in-1 and put it onto another board - it should be relatively easy with desoldering braid and good flux.
Attachments:

More
12 Jul 2016 10:13 #51570 by dc59
Hope you could release this board earlier. :cheer:

More
12 Jul 2016 10:39 #51571 by anasm2010
Hi @victzh ,
Thank you again for this work. Yeah I'm able to do some soldering so I will W8 for you're design, but certainly better if someone can make an affordable price for this all in one module.

If you have time and some patience, that will be good to show a video on the state of the deviation and how its working on the AT9 :)

More
12 Jul 2016 14:25 #51576 by victzh
The board is now in second iteration but will definitely require the third - some distances are slightly off. I agree that it is better produced by someone else for reasonable price - I can't provide Chinese price level.

Deviation on AT9 with my board looks like trunk version of Devo 8 with one small exception - it does not store configuration properly because AT9 lacks the power circuitry allowing it to do so at the turn off time. Everything else is the same.

More
27 Jul 2016 12:41 #52206 by anasm2010
Hello,

Just wanted to ask if the final design of the board is ready? and if you the deviation is operational and usable on the at9 ?

Thank you

More
02 Aug 2016 17:11 #52390 by victzh
Still one more iteration is required. And firmware polishing as well.

More
26 Aug 2016 22:29 #53126 by vampy
Replied by vampy on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Any updates victzh? :whistle:

More
28 Aug 2016 14:03 #53203 by xtr0d3m0n
Replied by xtr0d3m0n on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
@victzh can u share the schematics mate

More
06 Sep 2016 23:12 #53556 by anasm2010
@victzh Is on vacation :) Enjoy!
Many people are W8ting for this AT9 deviation and the final pcb design :D

More
07 Sep 2016 16:15 #53581 by victzh
OK, it was really a summer break :-)

I'm still to get the (hopefully) final design and test it.

Also, Radiolink does not have soft power switch as Devos do. So I need to decide when to write down updated configuration.

Another problem is it is implemented only in trunk - no way to backport it to 5.0 - too many changes for rotary encoder interface. And this new style interface was started by PhracturedBlue and as far as I understand was not completed. I still need to check the completion status. So far it's functional for me, but I'm not the most advanced user of this software :-)

More
07 Sep 2016 23:15 #53611 by anasm2010
Thanks for the answear. Normal to get some break :D
If you need any help on testing, we are here :)

More
08 Sep 2016 15:59 #53640 by victzh
I can't provide you with hardware - I don't make 4-in-1 modules and they are costly. The motherboard for 4-in-1 which plugs into slightly modified AT9 (RF module removed, 2mm header soldered) is not that expensive to make.

More
10 Sep 2016 18:53 #53759 by anasm2010
Hey,
Thank you, I will W8 for the 4in1 rf module, Banggood is making some good deals, if I can catch one for a low cost. Do you think you can provide me a motherboard for the 4in1 RF for the at9 ? :)

More
13 Sep 2016 17:51 #53841 by victzh
Where do you live? I would not like to send anything outside US.

More
13 Sep 2016 18:34 #53843 by anasm2010
Ayayay :)
I'm from France

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds