Add two switches to the Devo 7e

More
12 Nov 2016 03:00 #55860 by Ktrudell
Replied by Ktrudell on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
So I reinstalled deviation 5.0 and using notepad plus my hardware ini file looked right and the mod works. Thanks alot for the info guys. But what's the difference between nightly 5.0 and deviation 5.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2017 20:11 #58490 by JanneHoo
Replied by JanneHoo on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi guys! I tried to make this mod but I think something is not right, since I push one of new buttons to top the transmitter makes beeping sound (any other channel is not making it). I have 2 on-off-on switches from local electronic shop along with some 5N diodes. Wires are soldered so that the middles are connected together and then its the black wire. I would like to have working similar to 3pos switches on devo 10.

Here are links to the pics since they were too big:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9zEgK8zNvEESm91NFYyMzlMc1E/view?usp=sharinghttps://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zEgK8zNvEESEtDQjUyRGNIRkk

My harware.ini is straight from this topic:
;Only useful for transmitters with an after-market vibration motor
;enable-haptic=1
;
;switch_types: 3x2, 3x1, 2x2
extra-switches=3x2
[modules]
; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
; enable-a7105 = A13
; has_pa-a7105 = 1
; enable-cc2500 = A14
; has_pa-cc2500 = 1
; enable-nrf24l01 = A14
; has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A1

More
28 Jan 2017 22:49 #58507 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
all 5 wires need to be connected to the pcb, you look to have only 4, follow the wiring guide here >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...t-in-deviation#18116

More
29 Jan 2017 05:18 #58517 by JanneHoo
Happyharry, there are 5 wires connected to pcb , 2xred, 2xwhite and one black. Black one goes to mid pin of right switch and from there to mid pin of left.

More
30 Jan 2017 10:52 #58551 by JanneHoo
I downloaded someone's model page from this topic, and now I have the additional switches on channels 5 & 6 so that when they are on middle position mixer output is 0 for both. When I push both down they both go to 125. When I push both up they go -125. If I push either one individually, nothing happens. So probably something wrong with my wiring still ? :D

More
30 Jan 2017 15:51 - 30 Jan 2017 15:52 #58558 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Go to channel monitor then press right for the input monitor, stop trying to figure out if your switches work by looking at the output of a mixer...

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 30 Jan 2017 15:52 by Cereal_Killer.

More
30 Jan 2017 19:45 #58571 by JanneHoo
Thanks! new to deviation also so haven't noticed this before. When both switches are on middle channels are SWA0 -100 , SWA01 100, SWA02 -100. Similar for swb. If i put either switch to up or down, nothing happens (except beeping sound if I push either one up). If I push both up SWA0=100 and SWA1=-100 , same for SWB. If i pull both switches down SWA0=-100, SWA1=100 and SWA2=-100. Same for SWB.

More
30 Apr 2017 16:34 - 02 May 2017 21:06 #61876 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
I'm going to be adding some switches to my 7E soon.

I was wondering about the current limitations/assumtions in the firmware: I apologize if this is an obvious noob question, but I've read this whole thread and don't see exact definitions, assumptions, and limitations. At least not all in one place. I've had to infer things from bits and pieces of information spread across many posts.

Regarding hardware.ini file;
;switch_types: 3x2, 3x1, 2x2
;extra-switches=3x2

I am assuming that
  • 3x2 means two separate 3-way (ON-OFF-ON) switches
  • 3x1 means a single 3-way (ON-OFF-ON) switch
  • 2x2 means two separate 2-way (ON-ON) switches
Is this correct? And is there support for other switch types/quantities that aren't listed? Such as a momentary switch?
EDIT: I looked into the some of source code. I believe the above statement is accurate, and for the 7E; these (3x2, 3x1, 2x2) are the only options. For Ultimate-7E and other transmitters, there's a lot more options to upgrade switches&buttons. Up to 8 two-way switches in some instances.

Next, I assume that:
  • ; switch_types: is intended to convey what switches one "could" enable with the appropriate hardware mod. This line is a pure comment, and one should never remove the semicolon from this line.
  • ; extra_switches= tells the firmware how many, and what types of switches one has actually installed. One removes the semicolon, and sets the value to the type and number of switch(es) installed.
EDIT: I believe the above statement is accurate.

If I'm understanding it all, this implies when one installs two switches, ideally they should be of the same type.

In other words: If I install a single 3-way (on-off-on) switch, on the left side of the tx (SwA), and a 2-way (on-on) switch on the right side (SwB). Then I should probably use the 3x2 definition, but with the understanding that the firmware believes the second switch is a 3-way, when it actually isn't.

Please let me know if I'm off in the weeds here...
Last edit: 02 May 2017 21:06 by Texacate.

• rjmcewen63
  • I know how to fly, I'm learning not to crash...
More
07 May 2017 04:47 - 07 May 2017 04:51 #62085 by rjmcewen63
Replied by rjmcewen63 on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Try this in your hardware.ini

extra-switches=3x1, 2x1

or

extra-switches=2x1
extra-switches=3x1

I installed 2 3way switches in my devo 7e. Note my attached ini file.

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 May 2017 04:51 by rjmcewen63.

More
02 Jun 2017 02:17 - 02 Jun 2017 02:31 #62752 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Hi all, I got my switches added to my Devo7E and thought I would you share how I set it up.
  • The long handle toggle switch on the right (SwB) is a 3 position switch.
  • The long handle toggle switch on the left (SwA) is a 2 position switch.
  • Plus I have added a momentary button switch on the upper left of the back shell.
This exact configuration isn't quite supported by the current firmware, But enabling it using extra-switches=3x2 in the hardware.ini file is very very close.

This works fine as long I remember to reference only A0 or !A0 in my models.ini files for the 2-pos toggle, and A2 or !A2 for the momentary button. I need to avoid referencing A1 or !A1 because both the 2-pos toggle, and the button alter these values. That would lead to unexpected behavior, if I think of the button and the switch as independent controls.

Switch B behaves exactly as intended.

Let me know if part numbers, schematic, or picture of the wiring would be helpful to someone wanting to do a similar configuration.
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Jun 2017 02:31 by Texacate.

More
17 Aug 2018 19:57 #70309 by Valrog
Replied by Valrog on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
Greetings folks. Yesterday i took a whack add the switch mod. Fairly straight forward but im having a prob. I cannot get a value change at swa0 or swb0. I do get the desired results on swa1 and 2. When i click to swa0 or swb0 i get 2 beeps second beep is higher pitch. Im hopin its somethin simple. Any thought is greatly appreciated. Thanks

More
30 Mar 2019 09:40 #73613 by daniel.snowsurf
Replied by daniel.snowsurf on topic Add two switches to the Devo 7e
I'm getting a similar problem after upgrading the FW version. Just posted in general discussion:
https://www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-discussions/8361-devo-7e-3x2-switches-not-working-anymore
Valrog, did you solved it?

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds