JJRC H22 and Global Drone GW008 Skull Drone

More
23 May 2016 22:58 - 24 May 2016 05:46 #49095 by Fer
This is about two different quads.

The JJRC H22 flys almost perfectly well, i can even select 180 (inverted) or 360 flips and rolls manouvers. But i can't seem to be able to activate Headless, no matter what i have tryed. Free channels are only Channel 7 and 8. If i put a min/max curve in any of those channels, it seems to affect the quad somehow (it tilts to the right), but it doesn't go into Headless mode. Anyone has any idea how to programm Headless mode in this one?

As for the Skull Drone, aside from the very basic functions of rates and normal flying, nothing else seems to be working. No headless, no 3D. I don't know if lights could be controlable too. Maybe who knows. Anyone has managed to activate those capabilities with DEVO 10?
Last edit: 24 May 2016 05:46 by Fer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2016 00:44 #49099 by dc59
JJRC H22 (H8-3D protocol)
bitbucket.org/deviationtx/deviation/pull...3d-jjrc-h20-h22/diff

Protocol name: H8-3D
Channel mapping:
AETR
EAchine H8 mini 3D:
Channel 6 = flip
Channel 9 = RTH then press a direction to enter headless mode, as with stock TX
Channel 10 = switch 180 or 360° flip mode
JJRC H20:
Channel 6 = flip
Channel 9 = Headless
Channel 10 = RTH

More
24 May 2016 14:45 #49124 by Fer
Thank you. I hadn't noticed that when in RTH if i stop it coming backwards it enters headless mode. :oops:

More
31 May 2016 08:15 #49614 by benoit35
Replied by benoit35 on topic JJRC H22 and Global Drone GW008 Skull Drone
Hello,
- if there are 10 channels used I guess than only a devo 10 can do the job. I have a devo 8S, is there a way to workaroud ? what matter to me is to be able to flight inverted.
- is there a way to program the model in order to have the same command in inverted as a regular helico in idleup mode (throttle -100-0 : negative pitch; throttle 0-+100 : positive pitch) ? I was thinking of 2 flight modes (normal and idleup) and as soon as the quad has flipped you should switch manually to idleup....
Thanks
Benoit

More
31 May 2016 10:27 - 31 May 2016 17:50 #49621 by Fer
The way they are "wasting" channels, soon even DEVO 10 will not have enough channels to control all functions. I don't know if there is a workaround for 8s, so you can control 180/360 3d. But in my opinion, H22 isn't a real inverted flyer. It would be if they didn't switch the controls as soon as it gets inverted. But i assume they wanted to make a fun toy, not a 3D practicing tool.

In this thread www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...erted-flight-trainer a fellow member has posted an ini file for H22, that gives it the ability to fly inverted the way it should. I have tested it, it works. But you must start inverted. Also the H22 i don't think it was made for flying inverted for extented periods of time. When inverted the motors screem to keep it flying. The propellers are not as efficient in inverted flying as in normal. I think just by the way i hear the motors, they will fail soon if it is flown inverted often.
Last edit: 31 May 2016 17:50 by Fer.

More
31 May 2016 12:00 #49634 by benoit35
Replied by benoit35 on topic JJRC H22 and Global Drone GW008 Skull Drone
that's what I was searching !
I have several CP heli, for this price of the quadri I will probably get one as a toy to practice inverted fly...

I have ordered a 3in1 module from BG, I have not already received it... but I was wondering if the number of channels we are talking about (10 for the devo 10 and 8 for the devo 8S) applies for the internal tx module only (devo + dsm). Are the externals modules also concerned by the limitation of channels ?
Is it a software limitation ?

More
31 May 2016 17:57 #49660 by Fer
The quantity of channels, as far as i know, is a capability of the tx, not the module's. I could be wrong of course. But considering the fact that all those modules (CC2500, NRF, A7105) are identical for all DEVOs but different DEVOs have different amount of channels, then i asume the channels have to do with the tx, and not the module. So a DEVO 8s, will be able to control 8 channels, no matter the modules.

But... in some quads, not all channels are used. For the H22, channel 7 and 8 (i think it is those two) do nothing at all. They are "empty". It actually only needs 8 channels to be fully operational, but because they don't use the 7th and 8th channel, they have to use 9th and 10th. So maybe some of more experienced members and experts of this forum know a workaround to make it fully operational for 8s too.

More
31 May 2016 19:07 #49670 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic JJRC H22 and Global Drone GW008 Skull Drone
With deviation all the Devo transmitters support 12 channels. The maximum number of channels you can actually send to the receiver is determined by the protocol.

More
31 May 2016 19:58 #49675 by Fer
Aha... :woohoo: :woohoo: There it is... So even a DEVO 7e or DEVO 8s, when using the suitable protocol for H22 it can control 10 channels. So, there is no problem selecting inverted flight with DEVO 8s.

And then even my DEVO 10 has a couple more channels for when needed ;)

More
03 Jun 2016 05:47 #49849 by Fer
And as for the Global Drone Skull Drone GW008 i found out (watching a related video) that the headless mode is activated with both sticks at the outter low position. I tryed it, it works. So it doesn' t actually use any extra channel for activating headless. As for the 3D thing, i am still looking. Not that it is so important, but just to make it absolutely functional as it is with it's own tx.

Funny that i can' t remember to have found info about the headless mode in the manual...

• rjmcewen63
  • I know how to fly, I'm learning not to crash...
More
10 Jul 2016 01:57 #51494 by rjmcewen63
Replied by rjmcewen63 on topic JJRC H22 and Global Drone GW008 Skull Drone
Here is an ini file for my JJRC H20 using a Devo 7e transx. I am using dual rates via fmod sw. I have flip control on throttle trim switch (momentary).
I never use the rudder trim for trim, so I used it for Headless mode toggle. I am using a sticky throttle feature also! I like the way this ini file works! Nice built in safety. Have fun! :cheer:

_
/_/ _ _
/ \/_/_\_\

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds