Dromida Ominus protocol?

More
26 Jan 2015 15:20 #28042 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Dromida Ominus protocol?
The section in red won't be used on a Devo 7e. The Devo 7e has a 2-position switch normally assigned to FMOD, so you only have FMOD0 and FMOD1 settings to work with. The other Devos have 3-position switches for FMOD.

If you install and use a 3-position switch, e.g. SWB, then you could get this functionality by subbing out the FMOD assignments and using SW B0, SW B1, and SW B2.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2015 20:41 #28051 by R/C Madman
Replied by R/C Madman on topic Dromida Ominus protocol?

hansman007 wrote: @ R/C Madman
just right click on the file. Then choose save file or save link as. Choose destination on your computer.

cheers

Thanks a bunch. I guess I have been spoiled all these years of just double clicking! LOL :P

My 8s arrived today and I wanted to test it out right away!

More
26 Jan 2015 21:45 - 26 Jan 2015 21:47 #28055 by R/C Madman
I loaded the file to the model file on the 8s and I get Ch3 is 0% safe value= -100% when I turn on the TX or trying to Re-init?

I am new to this TX (Got it today) so I am sure I did something wrong?
Last edit: 26 Jan 2015 21:47 by R/C Madman.

More
26 Jan 2015 21:52 #28057 by voyn
Replied by voyn on topic Dromida Ominus protocol?

R/C Madman wrote: I loaded the file to the model file on the 8s and I get Ch3 is 0% safe value= -100% when I turn on the TX or trying to Re-init?

That's (supposed to be) the mechanism to make sure your throttle is all the way down before it binds. You may need to calibrate you Tx's gimbals, which you can get to by tapping on the wrench icon in the upper left corner.

More
26 Jan 2015 22:00 #28059 by R/C Madman

voyn wrote:

R/C Madman wrote: I loaded the file to the model file on the 8s and I get Ch3 is 0% safe value= -100% when I turn on the TX or trying to Re-init?

That's (supposed to be) the mechanism to make sure your throttle is all the way down before it binds. You may need to calibrate you Tx's gimbals, which you can get to by tapping on the wrench icon in the upper left corner.

I calibrated it and it still shows the same thing when turning on the TX?

More
26 Jan 2015 22:03 #28060 by voyn

R/C Madman wrote:

voyn wrote:

I calibrated it and it still shows the same thing when turning on the TX?

You didn't by chance get a mode 1 Tx did you?

More
26 Jan 2015 22:08 #28061 by R/C Madman
No. I reset the model and that went away. Sorry but I am sure I did not "Load" the Ominous correctly. I need the basics as I have only had 1 hour with this thing so far. :huh:

More
26 Jan 2015 22:15 #28063 by voyn

R/C Madman wrote: No. I reset the model and that went away. Sorry but I am sure I did not "Load" the Ominous correctly. I need the basics as I have only had 1 hour with this thing so far. :huh:

Well, that's good that the message cleared. I'm not exactly sure what resetting the model actually does, so be cautious and test it indoors first. The Ominus throttle channel is reversed, and if resetting it somehow undid that then it will bind up, wait a few seconds, and then hit full throttle and head fur the sky.

More
26 Jan 2015 22:27 #28064 by R/C Madman
Oh I am still not able to "Bind" to the Ominous. I was just able to get rid of the "Safety" warning by resetting the model. I am now trying to bind it to my Flame Wheel with a Spektrum RX. It says it was bound but it won't arm? I need to do some reading I guess. I bought the 8s used I just hope it is not a bad unit?

More
26 Jan 2015 22:42 #28065 by voyn

R/C Madman wrote: Oh I am still not able to "Bind" to the Ominous. I was just able to get rid of the "Safety" warning by resetting the model. I am now trying to bind it to my Flame Wheel with a Spektrum RX. It says it was bound but it won't arm? I need to do some reading I guess. I bought the 8s used I just hope it is not a bad unit?

Ah, well... in that case it sounds like resetting the model reset *everything*, including the protocol used to bind with the quad. You'll have to reload the model. There's not a lot to doing that, by the way - just put the 8S in USB mode, connect up the cable, open it like a USB drive, navigate to the "models" folder and paste the profile in.

So when you were still seeing the error message, where was your left stick? Dead center of the gimbal, or centered left-to-right and at the bottom of the gimbal? The second description is where it should be to allow the Tx to bind. Even though the throttle reports -100 when it is all the way down, that is considered zero, or "throttle off". When you center the stick in the gimbal, throttle will report 0, but that is really 50% throttle. This kind of stuff threw me for a loop as well. I've only had the 8S for about a month, and I'm still learning about it (and will probably continue to do so for quite some time).

More
26 Jan 2015 22:59 #28066 by R/C Madman
The throttle could be anywhere and I would get that message. When it was posting I could move the right stick full right and it would go away?

I need to bind this to something to verify it works. If it is a bunk unit I need to contact the guy I bought it from asap.

Is there a way to reset the deviation firmware? I want to be sure everything is as it should be. It came with Deviation installed.

More
26 Jan 2015 23:09 - 13 Feb 2015 18:16 #28067 by voyn
Well that's absolutely weird. Sounds like it thinks right rudder is throttle -100, since that's the only way that message will clear. Go into your settings again by clicking the wrench, and make sure it says Mode 2 (although the other modes shouldn't switch throttle for rudder). Then, click the right arrow 3 times until you get to the input monitor page. Move your left stick up/down and see which channel responds. It should be THR. Next, move the stick left/right and see which channel - it should be RUD. Do the same with the right stick as well - up/down is ELE, left right is AIL. It sounds like your throttle got switched with some other channel, whether by software or hardware I'm not sure. That might also explain why your other quad would bind but not arm.

As for your earlier question about reloading Deviation, yes, that's entirely possible. I think it's time to reinstall it, just in case something got garbled. The stable build is the safest bet, but the nightly build is very stable as well but is supposed to have extra features. There are good writeups (which I can't find at the moment) that walk you through the whole process. It's pretty easy, just don't skip any steps. Backup the entire contents of your 8S's folder structure first, I can't remember but I think it overwrites things like your models and gimbal calibration.

If that doesn't correct it, I've attached a picture of the innards of the radio. If the two connectors circled here were somehow switched, it would swap THR for RUD and vice versa. I don't know why on earth someone would do this, but you never know. You have to remove the rubber grips on either side of the Tx, and undo the 5 T8 torx screws in back. Be very careful with the wire running to the main antenna, it's pretty delicate.

What an adventure we're having, huh? :D

EDIT: UGH, I just re-read your previous post and realized you said the throttle warning went away when you moved the RIGHT stick full-right, and that is clearly AIL, not RUD. Nevermind all that about the two cables being swapped.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2015 18:16 by voyn. Reason: I'm dumb and can't read good.

More
26 Jan 2015 23:47 #28069 by R/C Madman
Is there a why I can tell if this may be a converted mode 1? The throttle is on the left but the modes don't seem to be acting correctly?

More
27 Jan 2015 00:04 #28070 by voyn
I think this might be a good time to move this particular issue to a PM or a different forum page... I'm fairly certain now that it's nothing to do with the model profile, and we're cluttering up the thread quite a bit. Post a link here and I'll keep trying to help. Anyways, I may not the best person for this since I've only had mine a month :-) There are lots of other folks around here that have way more experience with this sort of thing.

More
27 Jan 2015 00:10 #28071 by R/C Madman
Agreed. Sorry about that. I should have known better.

More
27 Jan 2015 01:46 #28073 by voyn
Nah, no worries... I was taking part, too. I just realized that after a few back-and-forths we were drifting off topic a little. Anyways, it's my thread so I guess I can clutter it up if I want ;)

More
28 Jan 2015 07:53 #28144 by R/C Madman
Where did you guys buy your NRF24L01 module?

I tried to link my Ominous with the model template I download here with my Anylink2
and I only get LED changes if the TX is powered up first. If I power on the Ominous and then turn on the TX 3 of the 4 motors spin up to max but I have zero control with the sticks or the switches. The Left rear motor is the only one that does not spin up??

More
29 Jan 2015 03:39 #28194 by voyn
I bought this one:

www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html

Heh, I don't think I realized until now that you were using an Anylink instead of an NRF24L01. Not sure what difference it might make. Do the props spin up on their own a few seconds after binding? That sounds like what happened to me until I found out that I had to reverse the throttle channel. If so, you may need to un-reverse some or all of the channels in the model profile to get it to work correctly. It's worth a shot, anyways. You can always put them back later.

More
29 Jan 2015 09:37 - 29 Jan 2015 09:52 #28198 by hansman007
Replied by hansman007 on topic Dromida Ominus protocol?
Hi,

i bought this one
ebay
works perfect an has an integrated PA and Low Pass Filter
Last edit: 29 Jan 2015 09:52 by hansman007.

More
13 Feb 2015 18:10 - 13 Jun 2015 13:46 #28636 by voyn
Hey folks, a little more of an update here... I got tired of the motors only starting up at around 50% throttle stick travel, so I adjusted the throttle curve a bit. It's still a 5 point curve, but I made the minimum point -50, which when the 125% scale is applied results in -62 and means that the motors start spinning when the throttle stick is bumped up even slightly from its full-down position. It's still the same overall range of output as far as the Ominus is concerned, but it is spread over a wider range of stick travel. This results in a much more precise response to small movements of the throttle and reduced motor dropouts as you're trying to descend. It also reduces "wasted space" in the throttle stick movement range.

My current 5 point curve values:
1) -50
2) -30
3) 5
4) 46
5) 100

The only disadvantage I've found is that even when the throttle stick is all the way at the bottom of its range, the Tx still sees it as being at -62 rather than -100, so it will not proceed with the binding process. The only way I've found around that is to designate a switch as throttle safety and set its output to -100 (RUD DR 1 in the attached profile). This overrides the actual throttle stick position and reports -100 to the Tx, allowing you to bypass the pre-bind throttle safety. Just make sure that when you flick the switch to bypass it that your throttle stick is truly at the bottom of its travel.

I looked all over, but could not find a way to make the Tx think that -62 was acceptable. If there is a way, and it will affect only 1 model instead of all of them, then I'd love to hear it.

Attached is my latest Ominus profile, intended for the Devo 8S. It will require some modification to work properly on the 7E and other radios.

Also, PLEASE NOTE - the above throttle settings and the ones in the attached model5.ini file work great for my Ominus, but they may be slightly different for you and yours. Make sure you've got the throttle safety switch programmed correctly, and remember to USE IT if you bind and it starts to take off on its own. To be on the safe side, either take the props off or test it inside, or both. Remember kids, only DJI's are supposed to have flyaways ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Jun 2015 13:46 by voyn.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds