Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

More
09 Jun 2015 11:40 #33706 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Maybe the YD-829 firmware is more sensitive to packet drops and goes to failsafe early.
Just an assumption ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2015 11:42 #33707 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

vasiliy_gr wrote: Comrades, it is a very interesting discussion, but how it can be related to YD829 protocol? All the same hardware works flawlessly with dozens of protocols and quads/helis. I personally have never seen such bad delays on 24 my other devices supported by 7e through this exactly NRF24L01...

That's my same thought ;) But worth to take a look just in case.
Be in consideration, the emulation of XN297 started some weeks ago and probably we d'ont understand yet how it works at full.

More
09 Jun 2015 12:12 #33710 by goebish
Maybe you're on something regarding a power issue, could you try to replace the 3.3v reg with a simple LM1117-3.3 ? Or maybe a more complex reg with a /shutdown pin is required, I haven't looked at the schematics...
I'm confident the code is good.

More
09 Jun 2015 12:16 #33711 by Durete

goebish wrote: I'm confident the code is good.

Me too :)
I'm more inclined for something related with RF.

More
09 Jun 2015 13:03 - 09 Jun 2015 13:27 #33712 by Alias_Hendrik
Replied by Alias_Hendrik on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Interesting read (starting at page 16 section 8.2.2.1.2) about the output cap on the mentioned LDO.
I guess at Devo they never expected we put a more power hungry modul inside or doing 'diode mod' so perhaps they could got away with a normal cap instead of the I now see recommended Tantalum low ESR. In my 7E I see a normal electrolytic cap not sure if it is a low ESR... But strangely my 7E does work ok with the YD-829.

I included 2 pictures from the power supply circuit and the LDO "they used" in my 7E.

Someone on this forum desoldered his LDO and putted in this

But we will know more as Durete can hook up a scoop to his 7E.

Edit; I "inserted" 3 times the second picture but can not get it to show up in my post.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jun 2015 13:27 by Alias_Hendrik.

More
09 Jun 2015 14:03 #33714 by goebish
@Durete, I've a few homemade LM1117-3.3 boards if you need one quickly (looks like you don't live far away from me :)).

Drop me your address in PM, I'll be very glad to send you one.

More
10 Jun 2015 05:36 - 10 Jun 2015 05:38 #33757 by Durete
Thank you for your offer. I'm very grateful to you. :)
I will try to take a look at my power output ASAP (maybe today I could have some free time at work, but not sure).
In case I see something weird at output voltage I will take your offer and drop you a PM, really we don't live far away, about 600 km in between us :)
In the mean time, yesterday I was talking with some colleagues at work trying to find any compatible LDO, but we d'ont have any compatible at work:(
Yesterday, I flew 2 batteries at home with my YD-829 and as Vasily some days ago, I had a deja vu :(
Sometimes flying good, sometimes losing a lot of packets, including a big crash with a wall because drop too many packets and almost loose bind, no matter what power output I selected. :(
Last edit: 10 Jun 2015 05:38 by Durete.

More
10 Jun 2015 09:43 #33763 by Durete
Just return with some information. Finally my LDO is the usually used LP2981 (L04A marking).

And my 3.3V supply is rock steady and totally clean at every power output I tested. I tested a lot of nRF protocols at 100uw and 150mw and include at my tests DSMX protocol at 150mw.
Scope captures in a few minutes...
Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2015 11:09 #33764 by Durete
And the scope captures...
I don't remember what protocol/power I was using at every sample, but as you can see every sample is perfect.

More
10 Jun 2015 14:43 #33772 by Alias_Hendrik
Replied by Alias_Hendrik on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Hi Durete

I opened up again my 7E and put it under a magnifying camera. Found a letter more on the LDO marking. LPC and L
It turns out it is a...Texas Instruments.... LPC2981A
I found in the datasheet it's A grade. In that particular datasheet no mention of L04A.
I looked again on the net for LPC2981 L04A and TI has them like we know and also National Semiconductor has them with mark L04A as A grade.

So about that I guess we are back to square one... and it must be something else causing the delays.

More
10 Jun 2015 22:13 #33806 by Rhodizzle
Replied by Rhodizzle on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Hey guys, quick question for you:

I have an 8s with the NRF24L01 chip in it. I also own a CG023 and gave up hope for being able to use my 8s as a transmitter, and here low and behold, you guys continue to be awesome.

I'm interested in loading this up to test it and wanted to know what that entails. I'm currently running the 4.01 release. Is the test build for cg023 4.01 + necessary code or is it "nightly build of when it was started + necessary CG023 code"?

I assume the test builds are full versions that are loaded just like 4.01 was?

I just want to know what I'm signing up for before jumping in. The stock transmitter for the CG023 makes me want to hurl.

More
12 Jun 2015 12:43 #33916 by Rhodizzle

Rhodizzle wrote: Hey guys, quick question for you:

I have an 8s with the NRF24L01 chip in it. I also own a CG023 and gave up hope for being able to use my 8s as a transmitter, and here low and behold, you guys continue to be awesome.

I'm interested in loading this up to test it and wanted to know what that entails. I'm currently running the 4.01 release. Is the test build for cg023 4.01 + necessary code or is it "nightly build of when it was started + necessary CG023 code"?

I assume the test builds are full versions that are loaded just like 4.01 was?

I just want to know what I'm signing up for before jumping in. The stock transmitter for the CG023 makes me want to hurl.

Took the plunge and I'm now on the nightly from 6/8. My CG023 isn't binding. This is my first model using the NRF24L01 so I'm wondering if that transceiver is working properly...

More
12 Jun 2015 12:45 #33917 by goebish
Yup, CG023 should work without any issue, check your wiring ?

More
12 Jun 2015 12:54 #33918 by Rhodizzle

goebish wrote: Yup, CG023 should work without any issue, check your wiring ?

Ya, that's my next step. BTW, thanks for all of your work on that.

More
12 Jun 2015 13:08 #33919 by goebish
I suppose you've configured hardware.ini properly ?

More
12 Jun 2015 13:33 #33920 by Rhodizzle

goebish wrote: I suppose you've configured hardware.ini properly ?

It should be, this is the first model I've built that uses the NRF24L01. I have a Hubsan X4 and a Proto X that use the A7105-500m module successfully. I put both modules in back when I bought the transmitter and just never had a use for the NRF until now. Will go through some stuff to validate that it's working correctly as that is the most likely issue since I'm not even getting an attempted bind or anything.

More
13 Jun 2015 15:21 #34016 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

Durete wrote: Sometimes flying good, sometimes losing a lot of packets, including a big crash with a wall because drop too many packets and almost loose bind, no matter what power output I selected. :(

Exactly the same here. The power output doesn't seem to affect anything in my case. And yes, sometimes it flies better sometimes worse and I can't really find a pattern here.

More
13 Jun 2015 15:33 #34017 by Durete
After struggling my mind for some days trying to find a pattern, I have no idea what's wrong :(
Just finished now even to change the antenna at quadcoter's FC because was rather short (about 24mm), and this morning I tried with a Cloverleaf antenna at my Devo.
Nothing changed... :(

More
13 Jun 2015 17:19 #34027 by vasiliy_gr
Replied by vasiliy_gr on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
So am I - no ideas... Even worse. I visited today my mother in summer cottage - so I took 7e and 4 quads to fly a little bit. Among them I wanted to take yd-829, so downloaded into it 2050 firmware that previously was flyable. But today delay with it was absolutely unacceptable - I lost control in 2 seconds and ended the flight into the wall.

I am not sure that this experiment can be reproduced nevertheless...

More
14 Jun 2015 12:02 #34052 by goebish
Can you try this firmware (7e) please ?
This is just a hack (Auto Retransmit enabled), but maybe it can kinda solve the problem ...

www.dropbox.com/s/b5q4rhk7lyd7wqo/deviat...-a4f04dd_AR.zip?dl=0

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds