Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

More
12 Jul 2015 06:28 #35356 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
I received this week from BG a guenune model too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2015 10:34 - 12 Jul 2015 10:35 #35364 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

SeByDocKy wrote: I received this week from BG a guenune model too

Yes, mine too. :)
As I wrote before, my removed module with counterfeit nRF IC (but working without issues) was sent to me on 2014 December.

Seby, a little off topic here but...
I know you have an Immersion RC RF power meter.
Please, could you give us a favor a take some power measures using different power values and different nRF protocols?
We have an active conversation about this at FY326 thread on RcGroups because an user is reading weird values using V2x2 protocol versus SymaX protocol at max power output. (Using an Immersion RF power meter also)
Last edit: 12 Jul 2015 10:35 by Durete.

More
16 Jul 2015 16:40 #35531 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?

goebish wrote: Maybe you're on something regarding a power issue, could you try to replace the 3.3v reg with a simple LM1117-3.3 ? Or maybe a more complex reg with a /shutdown pin is required, I haven't looked at the schematics...
I'm confident the code is good.

Goebish,

I am hitting a power issue with KNs on my devo7e. The display starts corruption when it takes more than 0.25A and would white out completely at higher current. KNs are much more power hungry than CG023. The WL KN is taking 0.25A on my devo 7e, FX KNmay go as higher as 0.3A, CG023 is still OK at 0.23A.

I think I have the schmatics for 7e somewhere but I cannot find them. Would you have a link? I want to check what regulator it is supposed to use.

Thanks,

More
16 Jul 2015 17:13 #35532 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Sorry, I can't tell, I do not have a 7e.
This was only a suggestion, but according to Durete's scope screenshots this is not the issue.

Durete, if you're reading, I'll implement YD-829 in my avr firmware to check if there's the same issue.

More
16 Jul 2015 18:20 #35536 by Durete

goebish wrote: Sorry, I can't tell, I do not have a 7e.
This was only a suggestion, but according to Durete's scope screenshots this is not the issue.

Durete, if you're reading, I'll implement YD-829 in my avr firmware to check if there's the same issue.

Ok, thanks. I continue fighting with my module :pinch:

More
16 Jul 2015 18:28 #35538 by Durete

wasp09 wrote:

goebish wrote: Maybe you're on something regarding a power issue, could you try to replace the 3.3v reg with a simple LM1117-3.3 ? Or maybe a more complex reg with a /shutdown pin is required, I haven't looked at the schematics...
I'm confident the code is good.

Goebish,

I am hitting a power issue with KNs on my devo7e. The display starts corruption when it takes more than 0.25A and would white out completely at higher current. KNs are much more power hungry than CG023. The WL KN is taking 0.25A on my devo 7e, FX KNmay go as higher as 0.3A, CG023 is still OK at 0.23A.

I think I have the schmatics for 7e somewhere but I cannot find them. Would you have a link? I want to check what regulator it is supposed to use.

Thanks,

Hi Wasp09
Sorry, but I don't have the schematics for 7e. The 3.3V LDO used seems to be a Texas Instruments LP2981.
There are some links to the datasheets at previous pages from this thread.
I tested mine with my Scope's Job and didn't see any problem at 3,3V output using a bunch of protocols/power outputs, but LDO regulators usually don't "fall" the voltage output till the moment they are hot and simply switch off.

More
30 Jul 2015 14:06 #36358 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
This might be a silly question but....I have the 3d X4.

What channels are for the 180 degree flip and the 360 degree flip and do I need anything in my model file for inverted flying?

I've looked at the model files in this thread but I seem them calling virtual 1 and virtual 2 but no definition for either of those channels.

I'm flying with my Devo 10.

More
30 Jul 2015 14:14 #36359 by goebish
Try this one,

Gear switch: "rate" mode (only low / high)
Rudd D/R switch: enables "flip" flag, experiment with it...
Attachments:

More
30 Jul 2015 20:11 #36371 by Zaphod
Replied by Zaphod on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Thanks mate! Will let you know how I go with it.

More
02 Aug 2015 22:51 #36493 by btoschi
Replied by btoschi on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
I have tested the CG023 protocol with a CG022 recently purchased on banggood -
no white LED at front, only hole there, TX has some icons near left trim sticks (Light/arrows).
I can confirm that it binds and throttle/rudder works as expected - but right stick channels are mixed up on this:
Left steers forward, Right steers backwards, Up steers left and Down steers right. Unflyable fun ;)

This quad is not protocol-compatible with early batches of CG022 (and the BNF model Bangood still sells),
which both have a white LED at front and are both using a LT8910 RF chip (and both being not compatible, thus three protocols on CG022).
This new model can perform nice fast funnels, as its not plagued by the mixing issue of original CG022.
First-batch PCB was labeled 'LF-ASM022X', BNF model is labeld 'JW-201R' (no idea how it flies, have no TX)
and the label on new model's PCB is not readable through canopy (not my quad ;) )

More
13 Aug 2015 05:03 #36835 by Rhodizzle
Replied by Rhodizzle on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Alrighty, I was unable to bind my CG023 before but just finished successfully building a v1.3 multimodule and am able to bind the CG023 without issue. Must have been some issue with the soldering of the NRF previously.

Anywho, upon takeoff, it immediately yaws clockwise. I used a .ini from earlier in this thread. Is there anytihng in particular that would cause this from a transmitter configuration perspective?

More
13 Aug 2015 11:54 #36841 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic Eachine CG023 protocols - what are they?
Do you know if there is a firmware version that combines working CG023 protocol for YD829 (with modified period) and the Bayangtoys protocol? I am running one of the hexfet's versions with the Bayang protocol (b9f6efa) and the YD829 doesn't like that. Thanks.

More
13 Aug 2015 11:57 #36842 by goebish
No, the YD-829 is just a test version as there are still (hardware ?) issues with it.

I'll team up with Durete soon© to make more tests and hopefully fix it ...

More
13 Aug 2015 12:05 #36844 by czajunia
That's great news. Thanks a lot.

I understand that for the time being the only way to fly both is to re-flash the firmwares.

Cheers.

More
13 Aug 2015 12:14 #36846 by goebish
... or if you can build from source code, just replace your cg023_nrf24l01.c file with this one:
bitbucket.org/goebish/deviationtx/src/a4...col/cg023_nrf24l01.c

More
13 Aug 2015 12:24 #36847 by czajunia
Thanks for that. I've never done it before but I'll give it a go and see if I can get anywhere. If not, I'll just stick to re-flashing.

More
13 Aug 2015 13:38 #36849 by Durete
@czajunia

This is my custom build, including latest protocols not merged yet (Bayang, FY326, MJQx) and test version of YD-829 @ 4100 period (as stock TX).
The only not included protocol AFAIK is M99xx from Goebisth ;) , because I built this version before Goebish committed the changes.
I am using this version from about 2 weeks without issues (YD-829 with delayed commands of course).

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14941708/dev...e-v4.0.1-4774285.zip

More
13 Aug 2015 16:32 #36851 by czajunia
Thanks Durete. That's exactly what I need. :woohoo: Which means I can save myself a bit of a headache trying to figure how to build from the source. :) Cheers.

More
28 Aug 2015 15:12 - 28 Aug 2015 15:13 #37266 by Durete
Looks like the new Attop YD-822 is working good with YD-829 implementation :)
Even for people with issues (delays) flying the YD-829.
Bad RF tuning at YD-829 FC?
Who knows...
I will test again using an nRF24L01 module with a well known genuine nRF IC (courtesy of a guy from Nordic Semiconductor B) ) in about 2 weeks when return job from vacations.
I guess this will be the last possible test ;)
Last edit: 28 Aug 2015 15:13 by Durete. Reason: Typo

More
30 Sep 2015 09:02 - 30 Sep 2015 09:15 #38266 by Durete
Yesterday I had free time to replace the nRF24L01+ IC from 2 modules, for well known genuines nRF24L01+ ICs.

goo.gl/photos/R5rzYqZhhXcjyExm8

I tested this protocol using my Devo 7e with Deviation Goebish's implementation and my YD-829, and later using Goebish's multiprotocol nRF24 module.
Both modules work as previous with my YD-829, random delay's and hiccups ;)

Later, I replaced the 16Mhz Xtal at my YD-829's FC and in a very very minor test (was late night :P ) I couldn't feel any delay at all :woohoo:
Will report again in a few hours testing properly with the new Xtal.
Last edit: 30 Sep 2015 09:15 by Durete.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds