HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)

More
20 Jun 2015 01:37 - 20 Jun 2015 01:37 #34389 by greenfly
Replied by greenfly on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)

Durete wrote: Did you noticed any improvement on rates over stock TX? I think they are a little bit improved, so driven trims is working in this model :)

You know it definitely has more rolling and pitching ability when I fly with the Devo on High rate. Excellent!

I wonder what comes next? More testers? Merge into the nightly build? I'm very excited. :woohoo:
Last edit: 20 Jun 2015 01:37 by greenfly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2015 13:35 #34400 by Durete
Very windy morning here for a maiden flight :(
At least I could test outside :)

Great team job guys :) .

More
20 Jun 2015 15:16 #34403 by greenfly
Nice flying! I could see you testing out stuff. Great! It is a really responsive quad. I may need to get one myself!

More
21 Jun 2015 00:14 #34427 by hexfet
Very nice flying! Yes, I'll make a pull request. Good work all around. Went pretty smoothly for having to go back and forth for everything. And we left a good record of the process :)

I looked at the scaling a bit more and didn't find any cleaner implementation. The round value for the channels is different because the high-to-low range division happens as negative values, which works out to be simpler than trying to reflect the range and then round. The trim rounding is just to get the results around zero to match what the tx expects for center.

Unexplained is why the trims cause issues when the full range is used. Doesn't seem to happen with the stock tx. Can't really think of a way to investigate further though.

Thanks to victzh for the solid xn297 emulation :)

More
21 Jun 2015 01:30 #34431 by greenfly
I really enjoyed working with you guys on figuring this out. It was a lot of fun and I hope I can do it again. I learned so much and it was really satisfying to see the progress and the final result. Well worth any effort that I put into it.

I think this is an excellent project and I can see the great skill and care that all the leaders are putting into it. Thanks to them all...

More
21 Jun 2015 13:36 #34451 by Durete
Totally agree with you guys. I can't express my satisfaction contributing with this project.
This thread is a perfect example everyone can contribute to this project. We left a lot of information and records of the whole process for people interested in known the hard work involved to hack a protocol.
I am proud of this great team job.
Thanks guys :)

More
21 Jun 2015 14:51 #34453 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)

Durete wrote: Totally agree with you guys. I can't express my satisfaction contributing with this project.
This thread is a perfect example everyone can contribute to this project. We left a lot of information and records of the whole process for people interested in known the hard work involved to hack a protocol.
I am proud of this great team job.
Thanks guys :)

If you want a bad news, there are at least 5 other XN297 protocols to hack :) MJX X's serries for example :)

More
21 Jun 2015 18:15 - 21 Jun 2015 19:42 #34471 by mnementh
Replied by mnementh on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)
w00t!!!

Great work, guys! And just in time for my much-delayed Tech Teardown on this quad. :D

*Looks in My Account*

Well, that's interesting; guess they purged some of the stuff in my account since I've been away so long. I can still see my old PMs, but I only show 1 post now. :-/

OK... moving forward. I just wanted to make sure; this RX is based on the PanChip XN297 chip found here: www.panchip.com/en/products_show.aspx?cid=63&id=333
which is ANOTHER nRF24L01 clone, right?

Have we been able to compile to the 7e yet, or is that still in the works?

Thanks,

mnem
Reports of my demise have been greatly anticipated.
Last edit: 21 Jun 2015 19:42 by mnementh.

More
21 Jun 2015 23:31 #34480 by greenfly
I'm not sure about the actual chip... (see picture) but the module is a MX-2423.
Attachments:

More
21 Jun 2015 23:42 #34481 by hexfet

mnementh wrote: OK... moving forward. I just wanted to make sure; this RX is based on the PanChip XN297 chip found here: www.panchip.com/en/products_show.aspx?cid=63&id=333

Yes, that's the chip. It's register compatible with the nRF24L01 (with a couple extras) but not radio compatible - not quite a clone. victzh created an emulation layer that provides the ability for the nRF24L01 and XN297 to communicate.

Durete linked to a 7e test build in this post . Please let us know how it flies :)

More
22 Jun 2015 15:45 #34535 by greenfly
@Hexfet
I was just wondering about the release process.
Does PB approve every pull request personally? Once the pull request is accepted... does it become part of the nightly build?

Thanks.

More
23 Jun 2015 01:25 #34546 by hexfet
If you'd like further discussion we should move this to it's own topic, but...

PB has the final say on what goes into a release. With a release on the horizon no one is going to merge any new features except PB. This thread has some relevant recent project history.

The nightly builds are made from default, so after a pull request is merged the changes will be in the subsequent nightlies.

More
26 Jun 2015 13:49 - 26 Jun 2015 13:54 #34690 by mnementh
Replied by mnementh on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)

hexfet wrote:

mnementh wrote: OK... moving forward. I just wanted to make sure; this RX is based on the PanChip XN297 chip found here: www.panchip.com/en/products_show.aspx?cid=63&id=333

Yes, that's the chip. It's register compatible with the nRF24L01 (with a couple extras) but not radio compatible - not quite a clone. victzh created an emulation layer that provides the ability for the nRF24L01 and XN297 to communicate.

Durete linked to a 7e test build in this post . Please let us know how it flies :)

Thanks for that, I guess I didn't phrase my question very well; I was wondering if we have a timeline on release to the fully-compiled installer packages that most mere mortals who might read my Blog would use. IME, the builds for the 7E usually lag a bit behind the regular builds due to trying to cram everything into a smaller ROM.

Of course, I HAVE been away for a while, so that may have changed; IIRC, there was some discussion on RCG of making the 7E builds compile-only due to those limitations. Has that become the SOP?

mnem
Every moment deserves its own song.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2015 13:54 by mnementh.

More
11 Aug 2015 15:23 #36779 by 187
As the Lian Sheng have XN297 can someone here help develop this

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...n-sheng-ls-124-ls111

More
03 Oct 2015 19:49 #38398 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)
Hi, anyone have an ini. file for the devo7e? I got a f803 bound OK but it flips with full stick inputs and don't know how to set it up. Thanks!

More
03 Oct 2015 20:24 #38400 by Durete
This is mine for the 7e with 3x2 switch mod. :)
Attachments:

More
03 Oct 2015 20:52 #38403 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic HontaiTec Quadcopters (HT F801, HT F803,...)
Thanks Durete, will it work if mine isnt modded with the 3x2 ?

More
03 Oct 2015 21:13 #38404 by Durete
Yes, but you need to change the functions assigned to extra switches, to stock switches.
My config file, if I remember good, is configured just like that:

SWA 1. Return Home.
SWB 0/1/2 . 3 rates
Hold1. Throttle cut
Fmod1. Flip mode active.
Throttle Trim Up. Picture.
Throttle Trim Down. Start/stop video
Rudder Trim Left (Perhaps right?) . Enable/Disable Headless mode.

As you can see, if you need to use all extra functions, is almost mandatory the switch Mod for the little 7e ;)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds