802.11b is a DSSS modulation protocol

More
22 Mar 2016 09:29 #44974 by Mmon77
Replied by Mmon77 on topic 802.11b is a DSSS modulation protocol
It wouldn't work.

The transmitter is capable of being a USB slave device, but not a host device.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2016 10:05 #44975 by Villervalla
Replied by Villervalla on topic 802.11b is a DSSS modulation protocol
Is that a limitation in the MCU or is it possible edit Deviation to manage as a USB host? (that would open up to install extra memory)

More
22 Mar 2016 15:00 #44982 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 802.11b is a DSSS modulation protocol
It's not stupid, but you need to realize that physical connection is only the start. On both ends of such a connection there is software that works to establish a logical connection, pass the data etc. USB OTG does not happen just if you use correct cable, your MCU should support it (STMs which are in Devos don't) and there should be software stack supporting it (which is absent in Deviation).

More
23 Mar 2016 09:00 #45037 by Villervalla
Conclusion: I have found that the CYRF6936 chip is not WiFi compatible at all.

The idea was to increase the Tx:'s connectivity to peripherals without making fysical mods.

More
24 Mar 2016 07:38 #45079 by Villervalla

mwm wrote: The memory in question is internal FLASH in the mcu. I'm pretty sure the only way to expand that is to replace the MCU. This is really only an issue with the 7E, and dropping support for an unmodded 7E isn't really acceptable. So even though people have done this mod, and I plan on trying to make a build that supports it, it doesn't make the problem go away.

Besides, victzh has already a mod that works around that issue for all of them - just add a combined mcu/rf module so you can run the stack on the module. You could add that plus a multimodule to most systems with the only real difficulty being space inside the transmitter. Of course, memory on the 7E is so tight (as in, single-digit bytes to spare) that we probably can't support even that much of a mod. I know I've disabled most of my recent additions to the code to get things to fit.

It got me thinking. SD cards are SPI capable.
Only one model and protocol loaded at the time to the mcu flash makes sense. For development porpouses that frees up a lot of memory space and minimal fysical space.
A bootloader could be written so you could choose different versions of Deviation to boot. Plenty of work to accomplish, perhaps worth it?
For a regular user I think Deviation in a 7E is a almost perfect product as it is. It lacks wireless connectivity to peripherals as computers and phones.

An other memory trak could be to upgrade the 7E PCT25VF512A flash memory to a PCT25VF 040 b.

More
24 Mar 2016 15:28 #45093 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 802.11b is a DSSS modulation protocol
Though Devo is definitely a computer it does not work exactly as your PC and Mac. It executes codes directly from it's internal flash memory and has very small RAM, part of which is already occupied by protocol currently running. Reflashing is a slow process also as you could notice, so your Devo will be loading veeery slowly.

There is no way to upgrade internal flash without upgrading the MCU itself. It's not that hard but probably out of reach for majority of the modders.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds