Air hogs - hypertrax

More
25 Dec 2018 19:33 - 25 Dec 2018 19:43 #72115 by Drstein99
Air hogs - hypertrax was created by Drstein99
I have searched on my own, in this very forum and found the closest thing is the Star-Trek, from Air Hogs. I have also searched in google, and Rc-forums - and found very little if any, and really nobody modifying. This toy is actually very well constructed. I began modifying my own, trying to add FPV camera and such. Spin Master is the parent company to Air Hogs. It appears the hyper-trax is out of production. They currently sell "Thunder Trax" and "Robo Trax", which look like spin offs of the hyper trax. There is also a bigger-brother clone, called the "Bumpy Conqueror". Air Hogs is an interesting toy company that keeps coming up with unique nice stuff, I am surprised I have not seen the protocol come up here for any other their other long list of wireless toys.

This is the Hyper-trax:

An interior view of the tank:

Interior of the transmitter circuitry:

I am not really asking if someone can develop a protocol just for this discontinued toy. I was hoping someone recognizes the chip / configuration - and maybe I could explore the protocols and test binding to something that exist already? Or possibly I could use this as opportunity for me to learn and study more about how to analyze the protocol for myself. Whatever advice is appreciated.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Dec 2018 19:43 by Drstein99. Reason: Added photography for transmitter circuitry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2018 21:27 #72116 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Air hogs - hypertrax
Perhaps that's a nrf24l01 clone, capture the SPI bus inside the TX and we should be able to tell if that's a known transceiver.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...95-spi-capture-guide

More
27 Dec 2018 02:49 #72121 by Drstein99
Replied by Drstein99 on topic Air hogs - hypertrax
Thank you for the precise information. I was looking to learn how to use this. I can start on this hopefully after 2 weeks whenever it takes to deliver the analyzer from the other side of the world.

More
26 Jan 2020 23:30 #75827 by BxRumble
Replied by BxRumble on topic Air hogs - hypertrax
Thank you for the precise information. I was looking to learn how to use this. I can start on this hopefully after 2 weeks whenever it takes to deliver the analyzer from the other side of the world.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds