Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire

More
31 Aug 2020 18:57 #76742 by thegk
Replied by thegk on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Yes, The pad you pointed out in red is where my solder bridge is. The 1st pin needs to be removed (as per original instructions) and the 3rd pin where I cut is where i installed wires for switching JR bay power on and off (switching + so that module is always grounded to board still)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2020 21:56 #76783 by NielsDW
Replied by NielsDW on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hey thegk,
So if im right we can now do the hardware mod, install the firmware and then the crossfire would work and can we change the output of the module using crsf menu in the jumper T8sg v2 +?, bcs i dont have a taranis to change that. Im basically asking if the it’s possible to change the output without a taranis. I also own the carbon version btw.

More
18 Sep 2020 18:12 #76797 by thegk
Replied by thegk on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Yes, The CRSF menu works for switching power / frequency on TX and will even allow you to change number of channels and mode on your RX etc. you need to be patient with menus loading and the controls aren't 100% intuitive for selection but the key fetures i find i needed worked once i played around. you will figure it out.

More
06 Oct 2020 09:59 #76852 by Tomer 747
Replied by Tomer 747 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
hello i have the jumper t8sg plus v2 and i am looking to get crossfire with the nano rx, from what i have read in this thread i need the latest nightly and a hardware mod in order to get things working.
is it possible to to flash the new firmware on the transmitter and still keep my old settings?
and what nightly builds do you guys recommend?
appreciat the help.

More
05 Nov 2020 18:25 #76973 by Maadfisher
Replied by Maadfisher on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Yes, just choose the option to not copy over models and before you update you should always copy your models folder as a backup in case you accidentally lose them.

More
07 Nov 2020 12:53 #76976 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
I can confirm that TBS Tracer is working based on the previous CRSF support. Menu works and I was able to bind the nano RX as well as see settings for output power "My TX" etc as one would expect from the manual.

Whoever did the menu has done an excellent job - it appears to read all the new settings from Tracer and present them fine!

More
08 Nov 2020 02:54 #76978 by belrik
Seem to not be getting telemetry from BetaFlight. Battery stats missing but LQ/RSSI shows up. Telemetry enabled in BetaFlight. If I set the RxBt to be read from the rx sensor then I see a 5V value from the power to the rx in DeviationTX telemetry but nothing from BetaFlight is being shown. Sounds like it might be a Tracer/Betaflight problem but, or is there an issue seeing telemetry in Crossfire also?

More
14 Nov 2020 19:12 #77010 by belrik
Telemetry is working, blaming the first FC for this problem. Seems that using another FC has resolved that, error might be related to the first FC having a built-in SPI reciever or simply a lower-quality crazybee board.

All in all - a very good crossfire implementation which, thanks to the dynamic menus, works well for Tracer as well.

More
18 Jan 2021 19:04 #77186 by JefFPV
Replied by JefFPV on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hey everyone,

So I've just got the Crossfire Micro v2, and got my T8SG V2 Plus modded, and the module working. However, I seem to have something set up wrong. Looking at the LQ and RSSI on my OSD, the only time I am at 2:100 LQ is when the quad is about two feet from me. The instant I take off it drops to 1:100, and today I failsafed at roughly ~100m away from myself. My Rssi is always hovering around 60-80, as well. I wonder if I've got my LQ/RSSI on the wrong channel on the transmitter/module?

I've never failsafed where it dropped out of the sky even when running XM+ previous to CRSF. I can post pics of the setup as I have it, if anyone feels they can help me out, just let me know which screens/photos of radio you need.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

More
18 Jan 2021 20:48 #77187 by Tomer 747
Sound to me like like you set it up on the wrong frequency for your region... I had a similar problem.
What region are you from?
Have you tried using 915mhz/865mhz?

More
18 Jan 2021 20:54 #77188 by JefFPV

Tomer 747 wrote: Sound to me like like you set it up on the wrong frequency for your region... I had a similar problem.
What region are you from?
Have you tried using 915mhz/865mhz?

I'm from North America (Canada), and I've got it on 868MHz. I'm also using the latest crossfire firmware for the micro v2, and have output at 500mw.
I'll try switching to 915 and rebinding the Rx to see if that helps

Thanks for the quick reply my dude

More
18 Jan 2021 21:43 #77190 by Maadfisher
You want to be on 915MHz in Canada

More
18 Jan 2021 21:53 - 18 Jan 2021 22:24 #77191 by JefFPV

Maadfisher wrote: You want to be on 915MHz in Canada

Cheers dude, I recognise your name from a few streams as of late, too haha :D

edit to add: NICE, thanks guys, just did a quick rip to the same location just before dark, and lq is reading 2:98 where it dropped out of the sky!
Last edit: 18 Jan 2021 22:24 by JefFPV.

More
03 Feb 2021 15:38 #77204 by Maadfisher
Does anyone know if we can use the new TBS Agent lite on deviationTX? Or is only available for openTX?
I would love to be able to use it over the current menus we have for crossfire if possible.

More
20 Feb 2021 17:16 #77267 by Sek101
Hey all,

Want to start by thanking you for the content in this thread, I am now using TBS Tracer in a Jumper T8SG V2 Carbon. All is working well and correctly far as I can tell, however on the Telemetry GPS page in the radio, incorrect coordinates are being displayed placing my quad somewhere off the coast of Africa where in the OSD correct coordinates are shown.

I am using the most current firmware (t8sq-v2-v5.0.0-c84450e), with the only hardware mod being the soldering of the bridge near the module pins as previously shown in this thread.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

More
20 Feb 2021 17:21 #77268 by belrik

Sek101 wrote: Hey all,

Want to start by thanking you for the content in this thread, I am now using TBS Tracer in a Jumper T8SG V2 Carbon. All is working well and correctly far as I can tell, however on the Telemetry GPS page in the radio, incorrect coordinates are being displayed placing my quad somewhere off the coast of Africa where in the OSD correct coordinates are shown.

I am using the most current firmware (t8sq-v2-v5.0.0-c84450e), with the only hardware mod being the soldering of the bridge near the module pins as previously shown in this thread.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Bug already reported with crossfire back in June 2020, looks like same issue still affects all CRSF-based systems.

More
20 Feb 2021 20:54 - 20 Feb 2021 20:55 #77269 by belrik

Maadfisher wrote: Does anyone know if we can use the new TBS Agent lite on deviationTX? Or is only available for openTX?
I would love to be able to use it over the current menus we have for crossfire if possible.

TBS Agent Lite is just an updated LUA script for the CRSF config. DeviationTX doesn't run LUA scripts, so no. But don't worry - I have used TBS Agent Lite and there are zero new features - it is purely a UI overhaul. So the fonts are a little clearer, the menus look a bit nicer and there are some logos added instead of only text. But no extra options were added and there is nothing you can do in TBS agent Lite which you cannot do on the DeviationTX version. The main issue is the slow enumeration of devices, you just have to be patient for the Deviation version to read all your devices and build menus for them. Sometimes if bind requires an RX upgrade then DeviationTX doesn't render the "press ok to continue" box for me, but I can simply click the button on the TX module to start the RX upgrade so not a big problem.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2021 20:55 by belrik.

More
11 Mar 2021 10:23 #77308 by Tomer 747
Hello, on this topic... Does anyone know if there will bed support for express lrs from happy model?

More
11 Mar 2021 10:58 #77309 by belrik

Tomer 747 wrote: Hello, on this topic... Does anyone know if there will bed support for express lrs from happy model?

Doubt it - HappyModel doesn't make any Deviation transmitters and HappyModel tend to create just enough hardware to work and not spend time on lots of software support.

More
13 Mar 2021 21:12 #77316 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
ExpressLRS should work with CSRF protocol, only point is it need to be serial need to be inverted to work with R9/Happymodel modules. Maybe somebody could add the setting to invert CRSF

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds