Documentation Discussion

More
30 Dec 2013 13:25 #17480 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Pull request (I don't know what I am doing)
You mean like this:

(It is easy to generate this by defining the mixer such that the default value is not -100, or by using the trims, then exiting and restarting)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2013 14:05 #17483 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Pull request (I don't know what I am doing)
Yes, thanks that's what I thought about.
With some text like:
This warning appears only if a stick or switch is not in safe position when loading another model or power up the transmitter. Per default this warning is assigned to the throttle stick. You can choose different input by manual editing the model.ini.
The dialog will be shown until the stick or toggle has been moved to the save position or the ENT button has been pressed. Note: As long as this warning is active signal transmission is disrupted.

But I do not know where to place it best! Probably in chapter 4 Main menu and as reference hint only also placed in 8.1 Model setup file section.

More
30 Dec 2013 14:36 #17484 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Pull request (I don't know what I am doing)
Thanks, I've added a new Safety section (4.1) and updated the battery info. Let me know if you see anything else.

More
30 Dec 2013 15:37 - 30 Dec 2013 15:40 #17485 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Pull request
PB, I am sitting at my shop with everything done so I went through the doc on your repo and edited all the outstanding image mixed sizes so that placement and size match. I also removed the extra Husban image (there were two, one pasted on top of the other).

I cleaned up my repo so I should just be able to make a pull request of just the Devo10 manual. Would you want me to make such a request?

I did not change the timestamp on the title page but I pulled your edits at 15:20 UTC and finished my edits about 15:30 UTC.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 15:40 by WheresWaldo.

More
30 Dec 2013 16:28 #17486 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Pull request
I applied it. I probably made a mess by not directly pulling your changes, but it was easier for me to compare without doing so.

Thanks.

More
30 Dec 2013 16:32 #17487 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Pull request
I just noticed we never added any info on the swash-plate mixing after the discussion. I can add some, but I'm not sure my explanation makes sense for a layman, so if you'd like to take a crack at it, I sure wouldn't mind.

More
30 Dec 2013 16:50 #17488 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Swash discussion
I have a bit of time today, I will read through the two links provided earlier and see if I can makes heads or tails out of it.

More
30 Dec 2013 17:20 #17489 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Swash discussion
Note that I modified a couple images since your changes due to a small layout change.

More
30 Dec 2013 18:07 #17491 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Swash discussion
Waldo could you please also update both attached images.

From the safety warning I removed the margin and to the layout screen the labels for power and battery have been added.
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2013 18:16 #17492 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Swash discussion
I am sorry but 5 minutes ago PB pushed a new commit (b11cfd7). Here is the updated screen.
Attachments:

More
30 Dec 2013 18:22 #17493 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Swash discussion
You duplicated some of the icons twice. I've already pushed updated docs with the proper image changes. Thanks.

BTW: Where'sWaldo...is there a reason you chose to use an image width of 2.50" instead of 2.67"? If you use 2.67" the images do not need to be scaled, and they are all much sharper.

More
30 Dec 2013 18:27 - 30 Dec 2013 18:38 #17494 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Documentation Discussion
I am attaching a file that has my first attempt at defining Swash types. I also found an error in section 8.8.5 there is no 1 Servo it is labeled None within Deviation which is likely a more correct name for the function where all mixing is done in the receiver.

I did it this way so you could see it first then simply edit then cut and paste it in anywhere you like.

File Attachment:

File Name: SwashExpla...ures.zip
File Size:22 KB

re above post: Only to make them fit better within the original existing margins.

I am pretty sure my 120X description is wrong and it should read that the swash-plate is rotated 150° from the 120 configuration.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 18:38 by WheresWaldo.

More
30 Dec 2013 19:27 - 30 Dec 2013 19:27 #17498 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Documentation Discussion
I think it looks fine, but we can't use images ripped from futaba's web page. I am pretty sure they are not licensed in a way that we can use them in our documentation.

Alspo, eCCPM vs mCCPM are not terms I hear often. eCCPM is normally referred to as FBL (flybar-less)
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 19:27 by PhracturedBlue.

More
30 Dec 2013 21:29 - 30 Dec 2013 21:30 #17508 by PhracturedBlue
I've created new images for the cyclic, and rewritten the lead-in section now and merged it into the manual.

Thanks.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 21:30 by PhracturedBlue.

More
30 Dec 2013 21:58 - 30 Dec 2013 22:01 #17515 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Documentation Discussion

PhracturedBlue wrote: I think it looks fine, but we can't use images ripped from futaba's web page. I am pretty sure they are not licensed in a way that we can use them in our documentation.

Alspo, eCCPM vs mCCPM are not terms I hear often. eCCPM is normally referred to as FBL (flybar-less)

eccpm does not mean flybarless, it's electronic cyclic collective pitch mixing, where all cyclic servo's deal with the pitch changes. as aposed to mechanical cyclic collective pitch mixing which none of the cyclic servos deal with the pitch.

these can both be flybarred or flybarless
Last edit: 30 Dec 2013 22:01 by HappyHarry.

More
30 Dec 2013 22:16 #17523 by PhracturedBlue
yes, the changes I made to the manual reflect this already.

More
31 Dec 2013 04:27 #17543 by PhracturedBlue
Ok, I've finished my 2nd pass through the Devo8 manual now. I made some additional changes to the Devo10 manual too.

Latest updates are here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-m...tion10UserManual.pdf
and
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-m...ation8UserManual.pdf

I haven't yet done a full read-through of the Devo8 manual to make sure everything makes sense, but it should be pretty close. Hopefully the Devo10 manual is done (other than version numbering)

I hate writing manuals and I've been spending a huge amount of my vacation working on it, so I'm calling it a night. I'll go through them again tomorrow. Then with luck, we'll have a new Deviation release for New Years.

More
31 Dec 2013 13:28 #17564 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Devo 10 readthrough
All I can see is some paragraph spacing issues in section 10.3 Swash Mixing. In the section on 120X (3 Servo) the servos are shifted 150° not 90° as written, I caught this after I sent you the changes. In the 140 (3 Servo) description the 10th word "that" should be "the".

Everything else look peachy, can't wait to see what you decide the version number will be.

More
31 Dec 2013 13:36 #17565 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Documentation Discussion
Last pass for the 7e/10 manual from my side as pull request.
EDIT: Just realised that the toggles are now standard. Therefore I attached the actual main page config. Please replace the old one.

This was the first time that I had a deeper look into the color manual. As you know only owning a Devo10. I think the next time I will edit the curves with the color emu and afterwards copy to the 10. I do not want to alter the manual with my small remarks. Therefore please find my two cents below:

- Section 2.3. file system: The BMP do have 96x96 pixels. Last line for Devo7e can be removed.
- Many of the images do not have a left-hand margin to the text.

Happy new year to all.
Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2013 13:41 #17567 by kreidler
Replied by kreidler on topic Devo 10 readthrough

WheresWaldo wrote: Everything else look peachy, can't wait to see what you decide the version number will be.

We have a German tradition for New Year's Eve: lead pouring. If you put melted lead into a bucket of water you can do some fortune-telling :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: which version number the stucked lead shows.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds