V202 protocol

More
03 Jul 2013 18:49 #11818 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic V202 protocol
Great that something works. As soon as we know exactly which channel works for which feature, I'll rename the flags internally to reflect this, and can optionally to move the channels around to reflect V959 mapping. This last option, though, will disrupt existing model config files, so we need to weigh the benefits of exact channel layout vs. this disruption.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2013 19:06 - 03 Jul 2013 19:10 #11819 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic V202 protocol
Channel 7 seems to trigger photo taking. But three at a time with each toggle on/off.

Weird that the camera LED doesn't change state to reflect photo being taken.

Update: never mind. Helipad said stock TX also takes three photos at a time. Perhaps higher chance of getting a blurry free photo?
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 19:10 by Daryoon.

More
04 Jul 2013 01:01 - 04 Jul 2013 01:02 #11828 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic V202 protocol
Thank you victzh!!!! :)

OK, I did some testing too. Devo 7E

Ch7 is Camera and Missile Launcher.

Missile Launcher shoots out all missiles at once. Is there a way to fix this? I'm thinking about adding a momentary switch that parallels the TH switch. Since I use the TH for flips, I can also assign that to Ch7 and I won't flip as long as I stay in low rates...which is what I want if I'm filming or shooting missiles anyway.

My Camera's LED did flash red 3 times when I toggled Ch7. Same as it does with the stock Tx.

Ch8 is Video, Sprayer, and Bubbler.

You have to toggle the switch, so a momentary switch here would work well as well.

Until I install additional switches I think setting up different profiles is the answer. A V222-Cam/Missle and a V222-Vid/Spr/Bub profile.

I couldn't get the Hoist to work at all on any channel 7-10.

And the Lights/LEDs (there are separate ports labelled Lights and LEDs on the FC) constantly blink. I couldn't control them in any way. Any way to fix this?
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 01:02 by jason4207.

More
04 Jul 2013 06:22 - 04 Jul 2013 06:23 #11854 by Daryoon
Victzh, FYI, if you have a blank home screen... it happens if you didn't update to the latest File System.

BTW, there's a thread about using trim buttons as additional buttons/switches . PB just committed code he quickly put together as proof of concept.

Now the trim button can be use as momentary buttons or toggle switch. I'll have to wait on the nightly build as I haven't set up a machine to compile the Deviation code yet.
Last edit: 04 Jul 2013 06:23 by Daryoon.

More
04 Jul 2013 06:24 #11855 by jason4207
Alright, made some progress!

I'll just re-post this from another forum.

I wrote: OK, I'm back, and I've made some progress. I took out that mix that i didn't understand anyway.

I can now control the hoist! And have LED control!

Ch5 is the LEDs.

[channel5]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

Ch6 is flip.
[channel6]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD1
dest=Ch6
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

Ch7 is Camera, Missile Launcher (fully automatic), and Hoist in 1 direction.
[channel7]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD1
dest=Ch7
curvetype=zero/max
points=0

Missile Launcher shoots out all missiles at once auto style. Useful for bad kitties. :cool:

Toggle TH for Camera or Missile Launcher.

Hold TH to desired repel with hoist. Once it reaches back to the top you have to use Ch8 to drop it again.

Ch8 is Video, Sprayer, Bubbler, Missile Launcher (1), & Hoist in the other direction.
[channel8]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=HOLD1
dest=Ch8
curvetype=zero/max
points=0

Missile Launcher shoots out 1 missile at a time. Useful for not so bad kitties. :D

Toggle TH for Video or Missile Launcher.

Hold TH until desired bubbles, water, or hot sauce are blasted into your buddy's face. :p

Hold TH to desired repel with hoist. Once it reaches back to the top you have to use Ch7 to drop it again.

4 model files attached.

model7 - Ch8-HOLD1 (Camera/AutoMissile/HoistCW)
model8 - Ch7-HOLD1 (Video/Sprayer/Bubbler/Missile/HoistCCW)
model9 - Ch7-HOLD1/Ch8-FMODE1 (Hoist full control)
model10 - Ch7-HOLD0/Ch8-HOLD1 (Hoist arcade control)

Attachments:

More
09 Jul 2013 18:53 - 09 Jul 2013 19:03 #12143 by minimad
Replied by minimad on topic V202 protocol
Ok, I'm totally new to the deviation world, so I've been trying to get some infos there and there in order to connect my nrf24l01+PA module to my DEVO10

Annnnddddddd

It doesn't work ! :( When I want to select the v202 protocol, I can't bind because there is the * in front of it ... Module missing or not support from what I read...

Can anyone at least confirm that I got It wired correctly please ?

rnf24l01 - CYRF and DEVO10
GRND = 3
VCC = VDD
CE = VDD
CSN = TMS
SCK = 2
MOSI = 4
MISO = 5

and I have modified the tx.ini file like this :

enable-nrf24l01 = A13
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1

Big thanks to anyone willing to solve my headache :silly:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 19:03 by minimad.

More
09 Jul 2013 19:37 - 09 Jul 2013 23:54 #12144 by misterpepper
Replied by misterpepper on topic V202 protocol
I think it's MOSI = 3, MISO = 4. I grounded GRND to one of the corners of the metal shield.

EDIT: These connections are for a Devo 7e, not a Devo 10.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 23:54 by misterpepper.

More
09 Jul 2013 20:04 #12147 by Daryoon
I think even without the module installed, you can edit the TX.ini to enable the module and remove the asterisk.

Will state the obvious. Make sure to remove the semi colon. Also, don't use Notepad. I believe it removes the carriage returns and this makes the TX.ini not readable by the Devo?

I like to use The free Notepad++ program as a lightweight text editor.

More
09 Jul 2013 20:04 - 09 Jul 2013 20:06 #12148 by jason4207

minimad wrote: Ok, I'm totally new to the deviation world, so I've been trying to get some infos there and there in order to connect my nrf24l01+PA module to my DEVO10

Annnnddddddd

It doesn't work ! :( When I want to select the v202 protocol, I can't bind because there is the * in front of it ... Module missing or not support from what I read...

Can anyone at least confirm that I got It wired correctly please ?

rnf24l01 - CYRF and DEVO10
GRND = 3
VCC = VDD
CE = VDD
CSN = TMS
SCK = 2
MOSI = 4
MISO = 5

and I have modified the tx.ini file like this :

enable-nrf24l01 = A13
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1

Big thanks to anyone willing to solve my headache :silly:

Did you download the latest nightly build? I don't think 3.0 has support.

Your wiring chart looks good. Double-check all your connections for continuity. I forgot to solder 1 wire on my A7105 module.

If possible, please post pics of your work, and a copy of your tx.ini file.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2013 20:06 by jason4207.

More
09 Jul 2013 20:22 #12150 by minimad
Double, even triple checked my wiring and everything is good ... Or maybe it's misterpepper's connections I need to use ? Did you do it on a devo10 or another model ?

Perhaps it comes from the fact that I edited tx.ini with mac osx's TextEdit ? I used a friend's pc to install the .dfu of the last nightly build, but did the editing on my mac ...

I'll try again on windows tomorrow and share my results ... fingers crossed !

More
09 Jul 2013 20:36 #12151 by minimad
Ok, got everything to work :whistle:

Guess what ? I did not come from OSX or wiring. I FORGOT TO REMOVE THE DAMN ";" :lol:

Thank you for your help ! now I'm gonna do some channel testing ;)

More
17 Jul 2013 16:15 - 17 Jul 2013 17:06 #12292 by Damo
Replied by Damo on topic V202 protocol
How do I turn the lights on all the time? I fly at lot at night (on night shifts) and the on/off flashing makes it hard to choose exits from banked turns, I end up having to use the force. :)

Edit: Looks like it has been hardcoded. :dry:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2013 17:06 by Damo.

More
17 Jul 2013 19:01 #12295 by jason4207
On the V202 or V222?

I don't have my model ini files with me, but I can post them later.

More
17 Jul 2013 19:33 #12299 by Damo
Replied by Damo on topic V202 protocol

jason4207 wrote: On the V202 or V222?

I don't have my model ini files with me, but I can post them later.

v222.
I'm using model8.ini that you posted up the page a bit.
Whenever I have your model7.ini in my models folder (devo 10, nightly eith correct filesystem) deviation reboots after a quick hang in model load.
Screen shows model7, then a blank line, hangs for a second or two then reboots.
With the standard model7.ini it does not crash.

If anyone else can reproduce this, I'll put in a bug report.

Oh, and if you have an updated model with instructions on how to put lights on, that would be great. I don't need flashing leds, but the head and tail lights are pretty helpful.

More
17 Jul 2013 19:58 - 18 Jul 2013 01:18 #12303 by jason4207
All my files are for the Devo 7E, and may or may not work with the Devo 10. I only use FMOD 0 & 1...otherwise I'd think it would work. You might just need to add an FMOD 2 switch to the code.

I have a new file that I use for just camera and lights. I use just 1 white LED right above the camera to help it see in low light better when buzzing around the house. I sacrificed dual rates to have LED and video control as I don't need high rates in this scenerio. I'll upload it when I get home.

Channel 5 controls the LEDs:
[channel5]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE1
dest=Ch5
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

The LEDs will flash if you don't have Channel 5 in the code.

Many of those files above had to sacrifice LED control to control something else. When using most of the attachments I have no need for LEDs and don't even have them hooked up most of the time.

My Devo 7E doesn't have as many switches as your Devo 10, so I had to create several different profiles to get the control I wanted depending on which attachment I'm using. You may be able to look at all my files, and piece something together that will work with only 1 profile on your Devo 10.

Edit:
Here's my V222 Video-LED model file. It's 40 rates all the time, toggle TH to start and stop recording video, & use FMOD to turn LEDs on and off.

Good for now until I implement the trim buttons or add more switches.

Did you use the custom Deviation download from the previous page? Are you using matching File System files? Or are these extra channels implemented in the nightly builds now?

File Attachment:

File Name: V222Video-LED.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 01:18 by jason4207.

More
18 Jul 2013 03:35 #12314 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic V202 protocol
New to the world of real radios. Only used stock RTF radios to date. So don't know nothin'.

Where is channel 5, physically speaking, on the 7E? I ask because my LED's blink slowly when it's bound/flying.

More
18 Jul 2013 04:18 - 18 Jul 2013 04:21 #12315 by jason4207
If they are blinking they are not assigned correctly.

None of the Channels are physical. You have to assign them to physical switches on the Tx.

Channel 5 is what we are arbitrarily calling the function that the FC recognizes as LED control

In my little snippet of code above you can see that Channel 5 (dest = destination) is assigned to the FMOD switch (src = source). So, the source of the input is the FMOD switch, and it goes to Ch5 in the FC board which activates the LEDs. This is how I wanted it. You can also assign it to the TH switch, or an added switch, or even a trim switch if you are wily enough.

I assume you are using a V202 FC. Here is my latest model.ini for the V202 FC using the 7E. You should have LED control, but it is in tandem w/ DR. So, in low rates LEDs are off, and in high rates the LEDs are on.

File Attachment:

File Name: FQv2-YD717.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 04:21 by jason4207.

More
18 Jul 2013 17:14 #12319 by EArHog
Very cool Jason. I appreciate that.

What's the proper way to utilize the zip file? That is, now that I've got it, what do I do with it?

Yes, this FQ has the V202 board. We'll get to the nQX board next :)

Sad thing - I was messin' with the 7e last night trying to learn how all this works. And the screen went white, and when I finally got it back, my FQ V202 model was GONE. Bummer.

More
18 Jul 2013 17:17 - 18 Jul 2013 18:14 #12320 by EArHog
FYI, the 7e radio came to me with a model all set up for the FQ v202 and the NanoQX. The point is there was no learning/setting up by me in the first place. I REALLY don't know nothin'.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 18:14 by EArHog.

More
18 Jul 2013 18:19 - 18 Jul 2013 18:20 #12322 by jason4207
The forum won't let me upload .ini files, so I zipped them. Download the file to somewhere on your computer. Then go there and right click on the file. There should be an option to unzip or extract the file. You will then have the .ini file.

You'll need to plug your Tx into your PC using the included USB cable. Hold down the ENT button on the Tx while you turn it on. This will turn your Tx into a USB flash drive of sorts and you should see a USB symbol on the Tx screen. You should then have a new drive appear under My Computer. Go there and then go to the Models folder.

You'll see a list like this:

default.ini
model1.ini
model2.ini
model30.ini

This will match the list in your menu screen on the Tx, but you'll have to match them up manually. If you have nQX listed as the first model in your Tx then it will be model1.ini.

Before you open any .ini files download Notepad++ from the web. Then right-click on the model file and say Open with-> Notepad++. No need to open any .ini files yet, though. ;)

If you only have 2 model files on your Tx screen then the 1st free model file will be model3.ini. Make sense? Rename my file from modelX.ini to model3.ini. Then drag n drop it into your model folder in the Tx. Confirm the overwrite.

Now you can turn off the Tx, and turn it back on normally. You should now have 3 models listed. ;)

I have had a lot of model files and even the entire FW get corrupted. The problem was low batteries. Make sure you have good batteries or plug in a charger while working. My 7E has a low voltage alarm set at 4.1v I believe. Once it starts going off I don't mess around anymore. I try to keep it plugged into the charger whenever I'm not using it. I have some crappy BG NiMH batteries, though.

It is a very good idea to keep all your model files backed up on your computer. I copied all the model files from the Tx to a folder on my PC. When I want to make changes I do it on my PC first, and then just drag n drop and overwrite the files to the Tx. I won't be losing anymore model files, and this is standard procedure if you are upgrading the Deviation FW.

Since you lost your V202 file, use mine. You can overwrite the spot where your old V202 model file was. model1 or model2...

Good luck! I hope you can understand my write-up. It sounds like you've never used a PC in your life! :P
Last edit: 18 Jul 2013 18:20 by jason4207.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds