V202 protocol

More
20 Jul 2013 02:42 #12356 by EArHog
Replied by EArHog on topic V202 protocol

jason4207 wrote: Did you ever save a file after opening it in plain Notepad? I heard that can cause issues.

Heck no. I didn't touch them files, just looked at them. First time I dared edit one was tonight. See post above. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2013 03:03 #12357 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic V202 protocol
I don't know man. Something is screwy. I still recommend a re-flash. Use the latest nightly build.

You could try reversing channels 1 or 2.

More
20 Jul 2013 04:47 #12359 by EArHog
I'm curious - what would be the expected result of changing in Channel 4 "Reverse = 1" to "Reverse = 0" - under normal circumstances? What should'a happened?

Regarding the re-flash, right now the ONLY thing that isn't working right on the Tx is the Rudder stick in the v202 model. I wish there was a way to confirm that one little problem can't be fixed before I chunk the whole thing.

More
20 Jul 2013 06:29 #12360 by jason4207
It should have reversed your rudder control.

Don't think of it as starting over. It's more like upgrading to the latest software. Just back up your model and modelico files first. Format the Tx, upgrade the FW, copy the file system over, and then copy your model and modelico files back over. Right back where you where except you have the latest software. :)

Where I messed up is not backing up my files first.

More
20 Jul 2013 08:14 - 20 Jul 2013 08:15 #12361 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic V202 protocol
Think of a servo moving from left-to-right when you move the stick left-to-right. Reversing the channel will make the servo move right-to-left, stick moving left-to-right.

Channel reversal is absolutely normal and should not be regarded as an anomaly. I need to emphasize this, because most beginners regard this as something that is ... unnatural or wrong. It is not.

It all depends on the way a servo is mounted or the nature of the signal it expects (and not only servos, ESCs, or other electronics expecting PWM).

If mirror the mounting position of a servo, to get the same direction of movement you will need to reverse the channel.

Hope I shed some light.

EArHog wrote: I'm curious - what would be the expected result of changing in Channel 4 "Reverse = 1" to "Reverse = 0" - under normal circumstances? What should'a happened?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 08:15 by sbstnp.

More
20 Jul 2013 08:41 #12362 by minimad
Replied by minimad on topic V202 protocol
SO, after messing with my .ini files, I got LEDs AND flip to work on the devo 10 ! :woohoo:

But still, I can't get the camera to work, and I think this is due to my model profile : It only has 6 channels in "model setup", and the camera works on channels 7 and 8. thing is, I can't change the value using the buttons on the devo, and when I change It to 8 on the .ini file, it still displays 6 on the radio :pinch:

Any idea ?

More
20 Jul 2013 11:00 #12363 by EArHog

sbstnp wrote: Think of a servo moving from left-to-right when you move the stick left-to-right. Reversing the channel will make the servo move right-to-left, stick moving left-to-right.

Channel reversal is absolutely normal and should not be regarded as an anomaly. I need to emphasize this, because most beginners regard this as something that is ... unnatural or wrong. It is not.

It all depends on the way a servo is mounted or the nature of the signal it expects (and not only servos, ESCs, or other electronics expecting PWM).

If mirror the mounting position of a servo, to get the same direction of movement you will need to reverse the channel.

Hope I shed some light.

EArHog wrote: I'm curious - what would be the expected result of changing in Channel 4 "Reverse = 1" to "Reverse = 0" - under normal circumstances? What should'a happened?

I changed the "Reverse" value in Channel 4 from 1 to 0 intending/hoping it would reverse the direction of the yaw stick control. If I understand your reply, it should have done that. But instead of changing the yaw control, it caused the controls of the right stick to change in both axes. That was a happy coincidence because the right stick controls were faulty in both axes (the whole stick was as if rotated 90 degrees CCW), and are now correct - despite the fact that I changed ONLY that one value in Channel 4.

I don't really feel a need to understand what happened. Instead, I'd like to know if there's something I can do to fix the yaw (reverse the throw).

I do appreciate all your help. :)

More
20 Jul 2013 11:28 #12364 by EArHog

jason4207 wrote: It should have reversed your rudder control.

Don't think of it as starting over. It's more like upgrading to the latest software. Just back up your model and modelico files first. Format the Tx, upgrade the FW, copy the file system over, and then copy your model and modelico files back over. Right back where you where except you have the latest software. :)

I've got Daryoon's two NanoQX models, and I've got your FQv2 model. The person who built the 7e for me may have put in other models, just in case. So I would copy all 31 files from Tx back to my computer, and I then go to Deviation and download the FW (version 3.0.0)? Do I drag/drop that file the same way I’ve been moving the models around? (usually “install” means it’s more than just “copy”)

You commented on my PC skills. I write emails, create MSWord.docs, and play solitaire. I'm on a computer all day every day, but that doesn't mean I'd know an ini file if I cut myself with one. :) Just so's you know. :)

More
20 Jul 2013 11:56 - 20 Jul 2013 11:56 #12366 by minimad
You need to download the nightly build ;)

www.deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation...ases/Nightly-Builds/

the 3.0.0 doesn't handle the V2X2 protocol
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 11:56 by minimad.

More
20 Jul 2013 13:24 #12368 by EArHog

minimad wrote: You need to download the nightly build ;)

Does the nightly build go in over the existing FW (3.0.0)? Or do I have to reinstall the 3.0.0 FW, too?

I have downloaded the nightly build. Now what?

More
20 Jul 2013 13:56 - 20 Jul 2013 14:14 #12369 by jason4207

minimad wrote: SO, after messing with my .ini files, I got LEDs AND flip to work on the devo 10 ! :woohoo:

But still, I can't get the camera to work, and I think this is due to my model profile : It only has 6 channels in "model setup", and the camera works on channels 7 and 8. thing is, I can't change the value using the buttons on the devo, and when I change It to 8 on the .ini file, it still displays 6 on the radio :pinch:

Any idea ?

Which FW build are you using? I'm not sure if it is in the nightly builds or not. victzh posted a custom build a few pages back...here it is again along with the matching FS files which you may or may not be able to get elsewhere right now. If you're using the correct build then post up your model file for a look-see.

As always, make sure to back up your model, modelico, and tx files before any FW changes.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 14:14 by jason4207.

More
20 Jul 2013 14:14 - 20 Jul 2013 14:16 #12370 by jason4207

EArHog wrote:

minimad wrote: You need to download the nightly build ;)

Does the nightly build go in over the existing FW (3.0.0)? Or do I have to reinstall the 3.0.0 FW, too?

I have downloaded the nightly build. Now what?

Think of the latest nightly as 3.0.1. You are overwriting the previous FW that is installed. You must have a nightly (and not 3.0.0) already installed since you have V202 control (well...sort of. :silly: ) New nightly's come out often...hence the name, latest nightly. To upgrade the FW you have to download a program and follow some steps. I'll take you through it, but have you read the Deviation manual yet?

www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...ion10UserManual.pdf/

It takes you through the whole process, step-by-step with pictures and everything starting on pg5. Let me know which steps you don't understand or would like further clarification on. If you want to understand why something works the way it does just ask. I'll do my best to explain. Once you understand why something works it becomes second nature to manipulate it. ;)
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 14:16 by jason4207.

More
20 Jul 2013 14:26 #12371 by jason4207

EArHog wrote:

jason4207 wrote: It should have reversed your rudder control.

I've got Daryoon's two NanoQX models, and I've got your FQv2 model. The person who built the 7e for me may have put in other models, just in case. So I would copy all 31 files from Tx back to my computer, and I then go to Deviation and download the FW (version 3.0.0)? Do I drag/drop that file the same way I’ve been moving the models around? (usually “install” means it’s more than just “copy”)

You commented on my PC skills. I write emails, create MSWord.docs, and play solitaire. I'm on a computer all day every day, but that doesn't mean I'd know an ini file if I cut myself with one. :) Just so's you know. :)

You can copy all 31 if you want...or if you know you are only using model1-3 you can just copy those...doesn't matter. I just copy the ones I'm using model1-14, in my case. Also back up the tx.ini file. It has all your Tx settings. Yes, just drag n drop. This part is just overwriting files or copying as you put it, not installation. You have to use the special program to install the FW. And then after that you have to move some files/folders around...it's all spelled out in the manual. :P

MSWord.doc file is very similar to an ini file! It's just a file with readable text. ;)

More
20 Jul 2013 15:02 - 20 Jul 2013 15:03 #12372 by EArHog

jason4207 wrote: [...it's all spelled out in the manual. :P

I did RTFM as soon as I got the 7e (after you pointed out that I didn't need to read the Devention OM). But now that I've been messin' about with the Tx, I should read it again, and maybe absorb a little more this second time around.

Thanks.

Of the files and folders on the Tx now (layout, media, modelico, models, protocol, template, and tx, which ones should I NOT copy/re-use?

Do you ever sleep?
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 15:03 by EArHog.

More
20 Jul 2013 15:28 #12373 by jason4207
I can sleep when I'm dead! Ha! Nah, I got a good 5-1/2hrs in last night. Thinking about a nap in a bit, though. ;)

You can read it all you want, but you'll still have to follow along the step-by-step directions to do the FW install. ;)

Think about LEGO instructions. You need to use the manual as you build. Not read on the toilet in the outhouse and try to memorize ahead of time. ;)

More
20 Jul 2013 17:49 - 20 Jul 2013 17:50 #12380 by EArHog

jason4207 wrote:
You can copy all 31 if you want...or if you know you are only using model1-3 you can just copy those...doesn't matter. I just copy the ones I'm using model1-14, in my case. Also back up the tx.ini file. It has all your Tx settings. Yes, just drag n drop. This part is just overwriting files or copying as you put it, not installation. You have to use the special program to install the FW. And then after that you have to move some files/folders around...it's all spelled out in the manual. :P .

Okay, I 'bout got myself lined up to give this a go. But first, a couple of questions:

1. Am I installing the nightly build FW, and not the Deviation 3.0.0 FW? Or am I installing both?

2. First I install the Devo DfuSe program on my computer, and then use that program to install the nightly build file(s) – correct?

3. Page 6 says to reformat for first-time installation of Deviation. Maybe I won’t need to do that. If I don’t get prompted to reformat, I guess that means I skip that step.

4. I just need to backup Models and modelico, right? And tx.ini.
Last edit: 20 Jul 2013 17:50 by EArHog. Reason: syntax

More
20 Jul 2013 17:56 #12381 by jason4207
1 Just nightly

2 Yes

3 Formatting is optional. I like to do it.

4 Yes

More
21 Jul 2013 04:20 - 21 Jul 2013 04:22 #12387 by EArHog

jason4207 wrote: 1 Just nightly

2 Yes

3 Formatting is optional. I like to do it.

4 Yes

I ain't got but one thing to say about that...

Yooo HOOOOO!!! It works!! Great Balls o' Fire :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:cheer: :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo: :cheer: :woohoo:

I was sweatin' it for a while. There's two files for 7e in nightly builds. And I struggled with the wrong one for a while. Thought I'd screwed it up big time. Went back and found the right file, and tried it all again.

Okay, I have one other thing to say - WHEW!

And I'll be having some scotch tonight - in your honor. :) :)

Scotchy scotch mmmmmm.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2013 04:22 by EArHog. Reason: spel

More
21 Jul 2013 05:03 - 21 Jul 2013 05:06 #12388 by jason4207
Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Hell yeah! :D
Last edit: 21 Jul 2013 05:06 by jason4207.

More
21 Jul 2013 09:51 - 21 Jul 2013 10:05 #12397 by minimad

jason4207 wrote:

minimad wrote: SO, after messing with my .ini files, I got LEDs AND flip to work on the devo 10 ! :woohoo:

Any idea ?

Which FW build are you using? I'm not sure if it is in the nightly builds or not. victzh posted a custom build a few pages back...here it is again along with the matching FS files which you may or may not be able to get elsewhere right now. If you're using the correct build then post up your model file for a look-see.

As always, make sure to back up your model, modelico, and tx files before any FW changes.

Thanks Jason, but victzh only posted the 7e version, and when I install this one, my devo 10 gets stuck on the update screen :S

I currently am using the latest nightly build (ddf6350)and I'll try to mess with other files (learning by doing :lol: ) until our great Guru named victzh posts the devo10 version
Last edit: 21 Jul 2013 10:05 by minimad.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds