V202 protocol

More
13 Mar 2015 22:39 #29674 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic V202 protocol
@Durete, what Devo do you have? I implemented your traces, it works for headless and now calibration needs to be tested. I can build you a version for you Devo before submitting the code.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 22:54 #29675 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic V202 protocol
Hi Victzh. Thanks!

I have a Devo 7e. I can test the headless mode this weekend, but the calibration method really nobody knows how it work 100% :silly:
The translation chinese/english at the V636's manual is so bad, and I can't assure the calibration is working perfect.
I guess, if headless mode is working, we need to assume the traces are well decoded and the calibration works (in theory).
If anybody at DeviationTx forums knows how work the calibration method, could explain us ;)

Thanks for your time :)

More
13 Mar 2015 23:47 #29677 by victzh
I did not find anything on calibration of V636, but there is a video on calibration of V303 -
- may be having an actual heli you'll be able to make sense of it.

Please find attached the DFU and filesystem (just in case) of my build of V202 with latest additions: 250kbps mode (for custom bradwii builds) and channels 9-11 mapped to headless, X calibration, and Y calibration correspondingly.

Please test it and report back.
Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2015 23:53 #29678 by Durete
Thanks Victzh! :)

I will report ASAP.

More
14 Mar 2015 21:51 #29709 by Durete
Ok, just tested. Headless mode is working on channel 9, and Headless calibration "appears" to be working. When you trigger momentary channel 10 or 11, the Quadcopter's leds start to flash as with stock TX.
As I wrote before, headless mode in V636 is very erratic sometimes, and calibration is soo much confuse, but the feedback from the quadcopter is exactly the same as with stock TX. So we can assume is working :)

Good job Victzh! :)

Thank your very much.

PS. Seby reported at RcGroups this headless mode is working also at Yizhan Tarantula X6, so we can assume many manufacturers using V2x2 protocol will use the same commands for Headless mode.

More
15 Mar 2015 00:46 #29714 by victzh
OK, I'll submit the pull request and in several days it's going to nightlies.

Thanks for testing it for me, and thank you SeBy for helping me with initial testing.

More
15 Mar 2015 09:50 #29725 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic V202 protocol

victzh wrote: OK, I'll submit the pull request and in several days it's going to nightlies.

Thanks for testing it for me, and thank you SeBy for helping me with initial testing.

Victor :) you DID the job :) ... Thanks to you :)
Now I will capture the FlySky V2.0 data .. be ready :)

More
15 Mar 2015 10:50 #29727 by Durete
Hi victh.
I saw at your code at Deviation repo, something related with a blink option at protocol options. With my very very very limited knowledge of programming, appears to be as an inactive option.
Could you explain me how it supposed to work?
Thanks!!!

More
25 Mar 2015 03:05 #30220 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic V202 protocol
Got a WLToys A959 today and able to bind to my trusty 7e with V202 protocol.

However, range is short. A closer look with my spectrum analyzer shows different spectrum spreading when compared with the stock Tx..

Same result with two of my 7e... anyone got a success with this tiny car ?

cmPang

More
25 Mar 2015 04:20 #30223 by victzh
Durete, when I first reverse engineered the V202 protocol, I added a small adornment to it - an ability to blink with LEDs with variable frequency. Then immediately after that large helis with the same protocol (as far as I can recall, V212) appeared that had hardware blinking LEDs. Probably someone got anxious about removing this TX based blink and added some (non-functional) code. I added the functionality, but because by setting the LED channel to extreme values you can either turn off or on the LEDs, it's not necessary and I left it disabled not to confuse users with more options.

More
25 Mar 2015 04:22 #30224 by victzh
cmpang, what's the difference in the spreading patter you see?

More
25 Mar 2015 06:16 #30229 by Durete

victzh wrote: Durete, when I first reverse engineered the V202 protocol, I added a small adornment to it - an ability to blink with LEDs with variable frequency. Then immediately after that large helis with the same protocol (as far as I can recall, V212) appeared that had hardware blinking LEDs. Probably someone got anxious about removing this TX based blink and added some (non-functional) code. I added the functionality, but because by setting the LED channel to extreme values you can either turn off or on the LEDs, it's not necessary and I left it disabled not to confuse users with more options.

Understood :)

Thanks!

More
01 Apr 2015 22:59 #30644 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic V202 protocol

victzh wrote: Please find attached the DFU and filesystem (just in case) of my build of V202 with latest additions: 250kbps mode (for custom bradwii builds) and channels 9-11 mapped to headless, X calibration, and Y calibration correspondingly.

Do you know if this is included in the nighties?

Would it be possible to integrate the SymaX11 protocol from this thread ? And this is the link to the hexfet's symax implementation.

Not sure how complicated that is but it would be great if that was possible. Cheers.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:09 #30646 by Durete
Hi czajunia.
From 3-16 nightly, this code for headless mode is included, as Syma X protocol from some months ago...
So, you can install any nightly from 3-16 and will include SymaX protocol and this update to V2x2 protocol. :)

More
01 Apr 2015 23:15 #30647 by Durete
I forget to add, only the headless mode under SymaX protocol is not included yet into the nighties.
The commit is pushed to the repo, but not merged yet. Probably in 2 or 3 days will be merged and will be published a nightly with latest changes under SymaX protocol.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:24 - 02 Apr 2015 00:01 #30648 by czajunia
Thanks for a prompt answer.

That's super weird. Just before posting the previous message I have installed the latest nightly and I lost control over my SymaX11. I could still bind but it would fly funny. EDIT: It's all sorted. As usual I forgot to calibrate the sticks. SymaX11 flies as good as before.

Haven't tested the new V202 properly but it looks like I can control my V636 with no problem.

Durete, when you bind your V636 with Devo 7E using V202 protocol do the LEDs keep flashing after binding or do they become solid as with the stock transmitter? For some reason they keep flashing for me (slower than before binding though). Cheers.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 00:01 by czajunia.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:55 #30649 by Durete

czajunia wrote: Thanks for a prompt answer.

That's super weird. Just before posting the previous message I have installed the latest nightly and I lost control over my SymaX11. I could still bind but it would fly funny. To be fair I didn't test the V202 protocol and went back to the previous version so I could control the X11.

Durete, when you bind your V636 with Devo 7E using V202 protocol do the LEDs keep flashing after binding or do they become solid as with the stock transmitter? For some reason they keep flashing for me (slower than before binding though). Cheers.

My leds are solid as with stock transmitter. Probably your issue is related with something not good configured at light channel (If I remember good channel 5).
About your SymaX issue, some days ago was merged into the repo a Commit changing the channel order assignment. Maybe these could be related to this change.
I can share my V636 model file without any problem at the lights, but my Devo 7e is very modified and has 2X3 position switches, so you need to modify my file to match the stock switches.

More
01 Apr 2015 23:57 #30650 by Durete
I found an old model file before I modified my Devo 7e, and before headless mode was included.
You can use this file, and only add a virtual trim to the channel related with headless mode (Channel 9) to activate.

File Attachment:

File Name: V636.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
02 Apr 2015 00:07 - 02 Apr 2015 00:15 #30651 by czajunia

Durete wrote: My leds are solid as with stock transmitter. Probably your issue is related with something not good configured at light channel (If I remember good channel 5).
About your SymaX issue, some days ago was merged into the repo a Commit changing the channel order assignment. Maybe these could be related to this change.
I can share my V636 model file without any problem at the lights, but my Devo 7e is very modified and has 2X3 position switches, so you need to modify my file to match the stock switches.

Thanks Durete. Looks like I have sorted the Syma problem. I forgot to calibrate the sticks after installing the new firmware. It's the second time I've done it.

I'll play with Channel5 to see if I can sort the flashing LEDs. If not, I'll just use your file - it should work fine as I also have the 2x3 switch mod :) Many thanks!

EDIT: After assigning Channel5 to one of the switches the flashing is gone and I can just turn LEDs ON and OFF.

EDIT1: BTW, could you also share the ini file with the headless mode included? It shouldn't be very difficult to implement but if it has been done I may as well use it. Thanks!
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 00:15 by czajunia.

More
02 Apr 2015 00:19 - 02 Apr 2015 00:20 #30652 by Durete

czajunia wrote:

Durete wrote: My leds are solid as with stock transmitter. Probably your issue is related with something not good configured at light channel (If I remember good channel 5).

Thanks Durete. Looks like I have sorted the Syma problem. I forgot to calibrate the sticks after installing the new firmware. It's the second time I've done it.

I'll play with Channel5 to see if I can sort the flashing LEDs. If not, I'll just use your file - it should work fine as I also have the 2x3 switch mod :) Many thanks!

Ok, perfect. My model file is perfect for your Devo TX. :)
Here is my model file with Headless mode and calibration X/Y.
This model file is valid for Devo 7e controllers modded with 2x3 switches.

Picture/video under left vertical trims.
Headless mode/lights. Left horizontal trims.
Throttle cut. Hold1.
SWB 0/1/2. For 3 flight modes with different rates.
Flip Mode. FMode1
Calibration X/Y. Using SWA1/2 switch with Hold1 as condition.

I'm using Nightly from 3-16 at this moment.

File Attachment:

File Name: v636.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 00:20 by Durete.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds