V202 protocol

More
02 Apr 2015 00:31 #30653 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic V202 protocol

Durete wrote: Ok, perfect. My model file is perfect for your Devo TX. :)
Here is my model file with Headless mode and calibration X/Y.
This model file is valid for Devo 7e controllers modded with 2x3 switches.

Picture/video under left vertical trims.
Headless mode/lights. Left horizontal trims.
Throttle cut. Hold1.
SWB 0/1/2. For 3 flight modes with different rates.
Flip Mode. FMode1
Calibration X/Y. Using SWA1/2 switch with Hold1 as condition.

I'm using Nightly from 3-16 at this moment.

Sweet. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a proper go tomorrow. I probably shouldn't fly a V636 in my flat in the middle of the night :) I have installed the latest nightly from 31/03 but I don't think it will make any difference.

Slightly off topic. Do you know how implement a press and hold action in Devo? I have UDI U207 and one of the switches turns on flips and holding the same switch for 3 seconds switches LEDs off. I can do the flips on Channel5 but I have no idea how implement the long press. I've tried a virtual channel with the momentary action but unfortunately didn't get too far.

Thanks again!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2015 00:45 #30654 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic V202 protocol

czajunia wrote:

Durete wrote: Ok, perfect. My model file is perfect for your Devo TX. :)
Here is my model file with Headless mode and calibration X/Y.
This model file is valid for Devo 7e controllers modded with 2x3 switches.

Picture/video under left vertical trims.
Headless mode/lights. Left horizontal trims.
Throttle cut. Hold1.
SWB 0/1/2. For 3 flight modes with different rates.
Flip Mode. FMode1
Calibration X/Y. Using SWA1/2 switch with Hold1 as condition.

I'm using Nightly from 3-16 at this moment.

Sweet. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a proper go tomorrow. I probably shouldn't fly a V636 in my flat in the middle of the night :) I have installed the latest nightly from 31/03 but I don't think it will make any difference.

Slightly off topic. Do you know how implement a press and hold action in Devo? I have UDI U207 and one of the switches turns on flips and holding the same switch for 3 seconds switches LEDs off. I can do the flips on Channel5 but I have no idea how implement the long press. I've tried a virtual channel with the momentary action but unfortunately didn't get too far.

Thanks again!

I guess the lights on/off action is something related at the TX side. So when the TX detect 3 seconds holding these switch will send the command to change the light status.
To implement these action under DeviationTX, you need to sniff SPI traces for that action at the TX side.
The U207 uses a minor variation from YD717 protocol, and the YD717 protocol don't have any channel assignment for light control at this moment, in fact some weeks ago I was thinking to capture that signal to control the lights at my Aviator 8927 (Using YD717/Skywalker protocol) but finally my Aviator dead before I capture the SPI traces ;)

More
02 Apr 2015 00:50 #30655 by czajunia

Durete wrote: I guess the lights on/off action is something related at the TX side. So when the TX detect 3 seconds holding these switch will send the command to change the light status.
To implement these action under DeviationTX, you need to sniff SPI traces for that action at the TX side.
The U207 uses a minor variation from YD717 protocol, and the YD717 protocol don't have any channel assignment for light control at this moment, in fact some weeks ago I was thinking to capture that signal to control the lights at my Aviator 8927 (Using YD717/Skywalker protocol) but finally my Aviator dead before I capture the SPI traces ;)

:)

Some U207 sniffing has been done already. If you haven't seen it yet it's here. . Unfortunately the sniffing results don't tell me much but maybe you can find something useful there.

More
02 Apr 2015 01:03 #30657 by Durete
I checked the protocol, but I think nobody has captured the light control ;)
It's not implemented under YD717 protocol.

More
02 Apr 2015 01:05 #30658 by czajunia

Durete wrote: I checked the protocol, but I think nobody has captured the light control ;)
It's not implemented under YD717 protocol.

Thanks for checking. Glad I didn't spend more time trying to program the switches :) Do you think it's possible to have it done if someone captures the LED control?

More
02 Apr 2015 01:09 #30660 by Durete
Should be possible, but needs to be checked by any of our "Gurus" :)
I will add the task to capture the SPI trace for light control in my TO-DO list :)

More
02 Apr 2015 01:31 #30664 by czajunia

Durete wrote: Should be possible, but needs to be checked by any of our "Gurus" :)
I will add the task to capture the SPI trace for light control in my TO-DO list :)

I have a feeling they might have more important things on their TO-Do lists rather than changing the lights on the U207. ;)

More
02 Apr 2015 05:23 #30674 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic V202 protocol
Concerning the Devo7E config w/o extra switches.... I am wondering if it's possible to enable the headless on the left horizontal trim clicked left. to have both the light and headless on this trim ...

More
02 Apr 2015 09:48 #30679 by Durete

SeByDocKy wrote: Concerning the Devo7E config w/o extra switches.... I am wondering if it's possible to enable the headless on the left horizontal trim clicked left. to have both the light and headless on this trim ...

My V636 model file from some posts ago, works as you suggested.
Rudder trim to the left to enable/disable headless mode.
Rudder trim to the right, to enable/disable lights.

More
02 Apr 2015 10:18 #30680 by SeByDocKy

Durete wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: Concerning the Devo7E config w/o extra switches.... I am wondering if it's possible to enable the headless on the left horizontal trim clicked left. to have both the light and headless on this trim ...

My V636 model file from some posts ago, works as you suggested.
Rudder trim to the left to enable/disable headless mode.
Rudder trim to the right, to enable/disable lights.

Super :) ... I will have a look .... could be a standard now for V2x2, syma and flysky protocol ...

More
02 Apr 2015 10:38 #30681 by czajunia

Durete wrote: My V636 model file from some posts ago, works as you suggested. Rudder trim to the left to enable/disable headless mode. Rudder trim to the right, to enable/disable lights.

It works like a charm. Thanks again. I have replaced the camera controls from the Throttle trim with the Rudder trims (up for headless and down for lights). As I don't have a camera I don't need them and I still have the Rudder trim available if necessary.

One thing I noticed. To initiate X axis calibration you need to flip the 3-way switch to the middle (SW A1) and then back to the top (SW A0). Just flipping the switch to the middle does nothing. When going from the top position (SW A0) to the bottom (SW A2) the calibration starts which should be Y axis. It actually makes sense as we won't trigger X axis calibration when going to the bottom position to calibrate Y axis. Not even sure if that's relevant as I still have no idea whether this calibration does anything - I followed the video posted earlier and rotated the quad as instructed but the lights didn't do anything out of the ordinary apart from flashing from 10 seconds or so. I've tried doing the same with the stock controller and the results were the same.

Also, do you guys know whether JJRC H6C uses the same channel configuration? If not what are the differences? Do you by any chance have a model.ini for that? Cheers.

More
02 Apr 2015 10:42 #30682 by czajunia
SeByDocKy, any chances you could sniff some extra data for the Nihui U207 so we could control the LEDs? Thanks and sorry for another OOT message.

More
02 Apr 2015 12:15 #30687 by SeByDocKy

czajunia wrote: SeByDocKy, any chances you could sniff some extra data for the Nihui U207 so we could control the LEDs? Thanks and sorry for another OOT message.

The problem is ... AFAIK; the U207 don't have light control ....

More
02 Apr 2015 13:40 #30690 by Durete

czajunia wrote:

Durete wrote: My V636 model file from some posts ago, works as you suggested. Rudder trim to the left to enable/disable headless mode. Rudder trim to the right, to enable/disable lights.

It works like a charm. Thanks again. I have replaced the camera controls from the Throttle trim with the Rudder trims (up for headless and down for lights). As I don't have a camera I don't need them and I still have the Rudder trim available if necessary.

One thing I noticed. To initiate X axis calibration you need to flip the 3-way switch to the middle (SW A1) and then back to the top (SW A0). Just flipping the switch to the middle does nothing. When going from the top position (SW A0) to the bottom (SW A2) the calibration starts which should be Y axis. It actually makes sense as we won't trigger X axis calibration when going to the bottom position to calibrate Y axis. Not even sure if that's relevant as I still have no idea whether this calibration does anything - I followed the video posted earlier and rotated the quad as instructed but the lights didn't do anything out of the ordinary apart from flashing from 10 seconds or so. I've tried doing the same with the stock controller and the results were the same.

Also, do you guys know whether JJRC H6C uses the same channel configuration? If not what are the differences? Do you by any chance have a model.ini for that? Cheers.

Yep, I know to start calibration process in every axis, you need a momentary activation at the corresponding channel. That is the reason to assign hold1 as security option for the calibration.
To start calibration X, with hold switch in 0 put SWA1. Switch hold fast from 0 to 1 and to 0. These will start calibration X.
To start calibration Y, with hold switch in 0 put SWA2. Switch hold fast from 0 to 1 and to 0. These will start calibration Y.

Please, take in consideration the calibration method is very strange, and probably nobody knows how works 100%, because the manual translation is very poor (as my English :P )

About the H6C,I don't know but it's a V2x2 quad so probably at least the camera features should work with any V2x2 model file (for example my V636 model file).

More
02 Apr 2015 13:49 #30691 by Durete

SeByDocKy wrote:

czajunia wrote: SeByDocKy, any chances you could sniff some extra data for the Nihui U207 so we could control the LEDs? Thanks and sorry for another OOT message.

The problem is ... AFAIK; the U207 don't have light control ....

According czajunia info, the flip button pressed for some seconds enable/disable the lights. Maybe these action is implemented in newer U207 ;)
Probably the command to light control could be common at every YD717 based quadcopter... Really don't know...
I will capture the light/photo and video camera buttons at my Aviator TX (YD717/Skywalker protocol)

More
02 Apr 2015 14:32 #30692 by czajunia

SeByDocKy wrote: The problem is ... AFAIK; the U207 don't have light control ....

You have the black version don't you? This is the older model and I am not sure whether it had light control as I don't have the black one any more. I have the new, orange version and it definitely has the light control action. As Durete mentioned already holding the flip button (right shoulder) for 3 seconds or so turns LEDs ON/OFF.

More
02 Apr 2015 14:57 #30694 by SeByDocKy

czajunia wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: The problem is ... AFAIK; the U207 don't have light control ....

You have the black version don't you? This is the older model and I am not sure whether it had light control as I don't have the black one any more. I have the new, orange version and it definitely has the light control action. As Durete mentioned already holding the flip button (right shoulder) for 3 seconds or so turns LEDs ON/OFF.

I got one of the first model .... Ok I will try ....to hold more than 3S....

More
02 Apr 2015 15:45 #30695 by czajunia
Replied by czajunia on topic V202 on JJRC H6C with Headless Mode

Durete wrote: About the H6C,I don't know but it's a V2x2 quad so probably at least the camera features should work with any V2x2 model file (for example my V636 model file).

I can confirm that the channel configuration looks the same on the JJRC H6C compared to V636. I am referring to the newer JJRC version with the headless mode. To be honest I didn't expect that at all as the manufacturers always seem to change some little details. Surprisingly everything works as it should: lights, camera, video, flips. Not 100% sure about the headless mode yet. Haven't tested it properly and first I need to check how it works with the stock transmitter if it works at all (it's more of a gimmick to me so I have never used it, really). It activates something on the quad but after that it just starts flying awkward. Once deactivated it all goes back to normal. It probably needs some sort of calibration :unsure:

So it's perfectly fine to use Durete's V636 config file for the JJRC H6C posted earlier. It may require some modification to suit specific switch combination but all the channels work OK.

More
02 Apr 2015 15:51 #30696 by Durete
Great! :)
Glad it's working for you. :)
The headless mode under H6C it's probably a software solution, different than V636 where the FC has a compass IC.

More
02 Apr 2015 17:20 - 02 Apr 2015 17:43 #30699 by czajunia

Durete wrote: Great! :) Glad it's working for you. :)
The headless mode under H6C it's probably a software solution, different than V636 where the FC has a compass IC.

Yes, it's all good. Thanks. I've just changed the channel assignment so the lights and headless are on SWA1/SWA2 so I have RUD trim available. Also had to change the curve a little bit as the fastest setting (SWB2) was less aggressive than the stock transmitter on 100% :)

Yes it is software based solution but I have no idea how it works. I have tried to figure it out and it just doesn't make any sense. I thought there was some calibration to set the quad's orientation but it doesn't look like that. Besides I don't think it's a proper software based headless mode as it says everywhere it is Headless Home Return or something. That means if you press THE button it just flies wherever it feels like. But... "when the quad copter enter into the player's visual field, the player only if push the right lever at any direction can makes the quad copter stop flying back..." Easy :) This actually works. When you see your quad flying back to China just move the right stick and it stops.

Now I am trying to figure out how to set up the video switch so it can be displayed on the main screen. Assigning this to one of the toggles works fine but as it is a Momentary Virt Switch it only shows up on screen when pressed. This makes sense for taking pictures (which is not very useful in my opinion) but I would like to have an indicator that shows when video is being taken.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2015 17:43 by czajunia.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds