which is MJX use protocol ?

More
02 Oct 2015 23:01 #38371 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
Just a quick update. I haven't forget this protocol :)
I'm waiting to meet with my buddy to capture SPI traces (again) from his X300C transmitter.
We captured some days ago the "conflictive" functions, but we make any mistake and they are useless. :(
In worse case, I just ordered a new X600, so don't worry the protocol will be fully hacked in a while. :)

Anyway, looking the good captures I took some days ago (not all captures were corrupted) , I can see there are 2 TX/protocol versions, so I guess will be needed for sure a protocol option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2015 10:57 #38378 by neorigel
Replied by neorigel on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
Hi all. Sorry to be a complete nube, but I just had a quick question: Is it possible to bind an MJX X600 to a Devo 10 without an extra module installed? I've gone through all of the firmware updates with the most current nightly build (I even added Hexfet's protocol combo), so *MJXq is showing on my transmitter screen, but I still can't seem to get it to bind.

Any help would be really appreciated!

More
03 Oct 2015 11:08 #38379 by Lukappaseidue
Replied by Lukappaseidue on topic which is MJX use protocol ?

Durete wrote: Just a quick update. I haven't forget this protocol :)
I'm waiting to meet with my buddy to capture SPI traces (again) from his X300C transmitter.
We captured some days ago the "conflictive" functions, but we make any mistake and they are useless. :(
In worse case, I just ordered a new X600, so don't worry the protocol will be fully hacked in a while. :)

Anyway, looking the good captures I took some days ago (not all captures were corrupted) , I can see there are 2 TX/protocol versions, so I guess will be needed for sure a protocol option.

HAPPY to see you again ... waiting for your work

More
03 Oct 2015 12:53 #38381 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic which is MJX use protocol ?

neorigel wrote: Hi all. Sorry to be a complete nube, but I just had a quick question: Is it possible to bind an MJX X600 to a Devo 10 without an extra module installed? I've gone through all of the firmware updates with the most current nightly build (I even added Hexfet's protocol combo), so *MJXq is showing on my transmitter screen, but I still can't seem to get it to bind.

Any help would be really appreciated!

You need a nRF24L01 module. The * in front of the protocol name means the module required for that protocol is not installed.

More
03 Oct 2015 12:57 #38382 by neorigel
Replied by neorigel on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
Thanks, Hexfet. I'm about to order the module now through banggood. :)

More
11 Oct 2015 23:01 - 13 Oct 2015 05:28 #38748 by Durete
Ok, just captured SPI traces from an X300C transmitter (my X600 is on the slow boat from Banggood)
Definitely there are 2 MJX protocol versions.
I will name this 2 versions as V1 for X600, X400, X300,... TXs (Mini size), and V2 for X800 and X900 TXs (Micro/Nano size).
Most V1 Quadcopters have Headless, RTH and share Function button to Flip/Camera depending on camera attached or not.
V2 Quadcopters doesn't have Headless or RTH and have 2 camera functions (Picture/Video)
Byte 10 is a sort of version control, and also are affected packets 11 and 14.
I guess we will need a protocol option to cover all functions.

Byte 10:
TX V1:
0x00 lights on
0x02 lights off (Seems to work only with newer V1 Quadcopters and don't work in V2 Quadcopters. At least doesn't work with my X800)
TX V2:
0x10 lights on
0x11 flip by button (seems to work with V1 Quadcopters)
0x12 lights off (seems to work only with newer V1 Quadcopters, ex. X300C and newer X600)

Byte 11:
TX V1:
0x00 RTH Off
0x01 RTH On (doesn't work with V2 Quadcopters since they don't have Headless/RTH)
TX V2:
0x00 Always

Byte 14:
TX V1:
0xC0 Bind Stage.
0x00 Beginners Mode (low rates)
0x02 Intermediate Mode (High rates with Auto-Flip Disabled)
0x04 Expert Mode (High rates with Auto-Flip Enabled)
0x10 Function Button (Flip without camera attached, Camera when attached)
0x20 Headless Mode (doesn't work with V2 Quadcopters since they don't have Headless/RTH)
TX V2:
0xC0 Bind Stage.
0x00 Beginners Mode (low rates)
0x02 Intermediate Mode (High rates with Auto-Flip Disabled)
0x04 Expert Mode (High rates with Auto-Flip Enabled)
0x08 Picture Function (When camera attached)
0x10 Video Function (When camera attached)

Here are my SPI captures from the X300C TX.
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14941708/X300C_Traces.zip

@ Hexfet. Could you help us to code this mess? :P
Last edit: 13 Oct 2015 05:28 by Durete. Reason: Typos

More
14 Oct 2015 22:11 - 15 Oct 2015 08:25 #38821 by Durete
Ok, I have something to test :)
I managed to add 3 protocol options (Format) on this protocol. WLH08, X600 and X800.
The first format option, as you know is to control the WLH08 Quadcopter.
The X600 option is for X600, X300 and similar Quadcopters (I don't know all models :P ) with Headless and RTH.
The X800 option is for X800 and X900, so micro/nano size without headless nor RTH.

Please test and report how is working for you guys. Very interested to test especially with X600 and WLH08 Quadcopter.
I didn't modify almost nothing at WLH08 code (at least intentionally :P ) , but should be better to test.

On X600, X300 and so on, should be work Headless mode, RTH, 2 types of flips (channels 6 and 11) and light control in some models as reported before. The X600 share the flip button for Video function when camera is attached. In case somebody could test with a camera attached, the video function should be channel 11.
On X800 should be work light control, Picture/Video (untested till now) and 2 types of flips (channels 6 and 11).

This is the full channel map:
CHANNEL1,    // Aileron
CHANNEL2,     // Elevator
CHANNEL3,     // Throttle
CHANNEL4,     // Rudder
CHANNEL5,     // Leds (Working reversed as usual, and reported to work only in some models)
CHANNEL6,     // Flip Mode
CHANNEL7,     // Still camera (Only in X800)
CHANNEL8,     // Video camera (Only in X800)
CHANNEL9,     // Headless (Only in X600, X300C, X400 V2 and similar Quadcopters)
CHANNEL10,    // Return To Home (Only in X600, X300C, X400 V2 and similar Quadcopters)
CHANNEL11,    // AutoFlip by button (Video when camera attached on X600)

And here is the Devo 7e test build:

Build removed because I need to correct the rudder channel

As I wrote before many times, this is 99% Hexfet's code, so thanked to him :)
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 08:25 by Durete. Reason: Removed test build link

More
15 Oct 2015 04:47 #38830 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
Nice work ::) You are close now to crack you first protocol standalone :)

Can Hexfet, includes your new MJXq code into his combo test ?

More
15 Oct 2015 05:02 - 15 Oct 2015 05:05 #38832 by Durete
Not that much SebyDocky :P . Cracking the protocol it's credit from Hexfet. Believe me, mines are only minor changes at the bunch of the code ;)
Hexfet has this code, I guess he will take a look when he has some free time.
I don't know what code he used on his last combo build, but this one have all latest protocols, including MT9916 from Goebish :whistle:

Edit: BTW, did you test with your X800, X900, X600 or WLH08 quadcopters? You could test all options ;)
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 05:05 by Durete.

More
15 Oct 2015 08:24 - 15 Oct 2015 11:52 #38839 by Durete
Stop guys, don't test yet.
I forgot to disable the rudder Dynamic trims, and the rudder channel isn't working fine :P
I will correct the code and re-upload again in a few hours :)
Last edit: 15 Oct 2015 11:52 by Durete.

More
15 Oct 2015 15:25 #38869 by Durete
Ok, I think this is the good one build to test :)

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14941708/dev...e-v4.0.1-337f038.zip

More
15 Oct 2015 17:48 #38873 by Lukappaseidue
Replied by Lukappaseidue on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
thank you for your work durete
I hope to mod my devo 7e this week end to test it with my x600

More
16 Oct 2015 06:48 #38902 by Durete
Just tested with MJX X300C and X800. Everything is working with both protocol formats (X600 and X800)
including Headless, light control and RTH on X300C with X600 protocol format :)
Tests on X600 and WLH08 are required.
The only not tested functions till now, are Picture/Video on X800 (using the MicroSd card Cameras from MJX)

More
16 Oct 2015 06:56 #38903 by Durete
New update...
The headless mode is a little bit "weird" using Devo.
I'm guessing the driven trims on Aileron and Pitch are affecting the Headless function...
I will try acivate driven trims only when headless is disabled.
New test build in a few hours....

More tests are welcome ! :whistle:

More
16 Oct 2015 11:08 #38914 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
There are some model files in this thread, which file should one use for the X800 and X600 ? I have to set up a devo7E for a friend who has both, but I have no clue of the capabilities of the models.

Thank you

More
16 Oct 2015 12:09 - 16 Oct 2015 12:10 #38917 by Durete
Not sure if this can help you, since I have my 7e modded with 3x2 switches.
Anyway, here is my X800 and X600 model files (including icons) with all functions/channels configured for every model.
Edit: The X600 model file is not tested, since I haven't receive yet, but should be ok.

File Attachment:

File Name: X800.zip
File Size:1 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: X600.zip
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 12:10 by Durete.

More
16 Oct 2015 12:13 #38918 by AdventuresInDroning
Replied by AdventuresInDroning on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
First of all thanks for doing this! I've updated my deviation version to the dfu file you supplied and copied over the protocol folder after. I see the MJX 600 under my models on my controller using MJXq protocol but all I can do is bind and reset gyro. Odd think is the only thing that makes the props go crazy is flipping the hold switch on the devo7e (channel 5?). What am I doing wrong? Trying help test so sorry if this is a simple/stupid thing. :)

More
16 Oct 2015 13:03 #38920 by AdventuresInDroning
Replied by AdventuresInDroning on topic which is MJX use protocol ?

AdventuresInDroning wrote: First of all thanks for doing this! I've updated my deviation version to the dfu file you supplied and copied over the protocol folder after. I see the MJX 600 under my models on my controller using MJXq protocol but all I can do is bind and reset gyro. Odd think is the only thing that makes the props go crazy is flipping the hold switch on the devo7e (channel 5?). What am I doing wrong? Trying help test so sorry if this is a simple/stupid thing. :)

Disregard, Durete's last post including his model files did it. I guess I needed to setup the channels, I had assumed that was already done. Will test fly today, great job!

More
16 Oct 2015 15:53 - 16 Oct 2015 15:56 #38925 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic which is MJX use protocol ?
Durete, I was at my friends house and just tested the two files that are on page 11, the X800 I think it's yours worked like a charm (only flight and lights testing), but the file for the X600 (from Morphin) scared the hell out of me, something is wrong with that one, as soon as I released the THold switch and stick to bottom, the motors jumped to full, stick to max cut the motors :blink:

I need to verify the file, stupid me to just have it loaded into the 7E without verification, for each quad I choose the X600 or X800 option in the protocol options.

I'll try your new files tomorrow and report back, unfortunately he hasn't got a camera so no test for video.

Thank you mate.
Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 15:56 by blackmoon.

More
16 Oct 2015 16:38 - 16 Oct 2015 16:38 #38927 by Durete

blackmoon wrote: Durete, I was at my friends house and just tested the two files that are on page 11, the X800 I think it's yours worked like a charm (only flight and lights testing), but the file for the X600 (from Morphin) scared the hell out of me, something is wrong with that one, as soon as I released the THold switch and stick to bottom, the motors jumped to full, stick to max cut the motors :blink:

I need to verify the file, stupid me to just have it loaded into the 7E without verification, for each quad I choose the X600 or X800 option in the protocol options.

I'll try your new files tomorrow and report back, unfortunately he hasn't got a camera so no test for video.

Thank you mate.

Upsss.... I hope everything is fine :ohmy:
Yep, the X800 file from page 11 is mine.
My X600 model file from 4 post ago, is a copy from my X800 model file, adding the missing channels/functions. It's fully untested but should be ok.
I need to figure out how to disable the driven trims when headless mode is enabled to compile a new build to test. I'm not a programmer and is difficult to me :P
I will do it as soon as possible.
Thank for testing to everyone!
Last edit: 16 Oct 2015 16:38 by Durete.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds