Standard Mixer Take-2

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
19 Feb 2013 12:34 #6577 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Standard Mixer Take-2
That's what I say: we don't need a switch for resetting the timers (in standard mode), we have "hard buttons" and the gui to do this. So we should not offer a point to configure this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2013 13:07 #6578 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Standard Mixer Take-2
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've filed a series of tickets with the issues you've raised. I'll start workingon them when I get a little time.

More
19 Feb 2013 13:10 #6579 by PhracturedBlue

rbe2012 wrote: Tested changing from standard to advanced mixer again.
I did not found any values which are not transferred correctly.
One thing was strange: the switch I have chosen for throttle hold (rud dr) was inverted in advanced mixer (!RUD DR0).

EDIT: see next post for travel adjust

This is on purpose. throttle hols only has on/off as valid states. So what happens if you assign it to a 3-position switch? By doing it this way, pos1 and pos2 will both work as thold. If it isn't what you want, there is the advanced gui :)

More
19 Feb 2013 13:11 #6580 by PhracturedBlue
FDR: You previously mentioned that transitioning from std->advanced ended up with a too-complex configuration. Is there something specific we can do to improve this, or is it just the nature of the beast?

More
19 Feb 2013 13:42 #6582 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Standard Mixer Take-2

PhracturedBlue wrote: FDR: You previously mentioned that transitioning from std->advanced ended up with a too-complex configuration. Is there something specific we can do to improve this, or is it just the nature of the beast?

It wouldn't be easy!

The most problematic part is that the standard ui always uses the CCPM config with cyclic1-2-3 and virt1-2-3, while nowadays less and less heli setup will need it.
But if you want to be able to enable CCPM, then the ui should be able to convert to and from CCPM config on the fly, furthermore it would always have to check the swash type setting to know, which channel should be updated Ch1-2-6 or Virt2-1-3...

The less important things are the 4th pitch curve if it is not needed, or the 3rd pages, when a two way switch is assigned to flight mode for example...

More
19 Feb 2013 14:20 #6585 by PhracturedBlue
Is there any reason to support running timers with an inverted throttle?
You can click the 'Src' spinbox on the timer page and make it say '!ch3' I was going to make the button only 'On' and 'Off', but if this 3rd state exists, that doesn't work. I can disable inverting the src when in Standard mode iftha is the right thing to do.

More
19 Feb 2013 15:40 #6590 by quique65
Replied by quique65 on topic Standard Mixer Take-2
Hi,

for example, to correct a little tail drift on a Mini CP I've used a "Program Mix" on the Devention firmware as follows:

Master: Throttle
Slave: Rudder
Type: Curve
L, H, M: -2%
Switch: Always on or specific one.

Sure it can be done with the "Advanced Mixer" but this functionality is usually covered on the standard interfaces.

More
19 Feb 2013 15:59 - 19 Feb 2013 19:50 #6591 by FDR
emu_devo8 crashes if I press left or right on the swash setup or gyro page

EDIT: it doesn't occure in the real tx
Last edit: 19 Feb 2013 19:50 by FDR.

More
19 Feb 2013 16:29 #6592 by PhracturedBlue

quique65 wrote: Hi,

for example, to correct a little tail drift on a Mini CP I've used a "Program Mix" on the Devention firmware as follows:

Master: Throttle
Slave: Rudder
Type: Curve
L, H, M: -2%
Switch: Always on or specific one.

Sure it can be done with the "Advanced Mixer" but this functionality is usually covered on the standard interfaces.

I understand the purpose of the Program mixer, but do not understand what information it is giving me.

For instance.
I setup a stiock program mix:
Input=AIL
Output: Aux2
Sw=None
Type=DR
at the top it says 'AIL 0 AUX2 40'
why is AUX2 equal to 40? that makes no sense to me.
How do I now change the input or channel assignment without deleting the existing Entry?

I think the functionality is good, but I don't think it is ready for release as it is.

More
19 Feb 2013 20:18 #6594 by FDR
As I see many issues raised on the previous thread are still actual:

- pitch curve page throttle hold on/off spinbox could be togglable;
- on the third page of the complex mixer of CYC-AIL and CYC-ELE (created by the DR page) the trim is not applied;
- throttle hold value and throttle curve range is still -100%..+100%. Do we want it to be compatible with the originals 0%..+100% range? If we do, it should be there in the first release...
- DR on the standard interface allows scale values up to 125%, but they are shown as 100% if we switch to the advanced ui. It's not really a bug of the standard ui, but it needs some attention too...

More
20 Feb 2013 04:30 #6609 by PhracturedBlue

rbe2012 wrote: BUG: D/R&Expo Page: changing values to idle up1 or 2 affects the curve for normal. Leaving the page and go back in shows wrong graphs. Same with changing the scale value.

EDIT: looks as if the values are saved correctly (saw different curves when changing to advanced), so only a display problem.

This works fine for me. however, make sure you actually go back to the same graph. The 'idle up' state is sticky. so if you go to throttle, set it to 'idle up 2' then go to pitch, you'll see a standard graph for 'idle up 2'

Please confirm.

More
20 Feb 2013 05:18 #6611 by PhracturedBlue
I fixed:
* Gear1 -> Gear

* Hide pitch curve when thold is not applied to pitch (and relabeled box). Note that I didn't get rid of the 4th mixer in this case. It wouldn't be hard to do, but it would end up resetting any defined graph which I'm not sure is the right thing to do

* Rename 'Locked' to 'Auto' on curve page

* Fix crash when navigating with Left/Right

More
20 Feb 2013 05:30 #6612 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: As I see many issues raised on the previous thread are still actual:

- pitch curve page throttle hold on/off spinbox could be togglable;

We could, but we have room for another box, and I think it is more clear this way. If you think it would be better to toggle to 'Disabled' I can do that easily enough.

- on the third page of the complex mixer of CYC-AIL and CYC-ELE (created by the DR page) the trim is not applied;

Fixed

- throttle hold value and throttle curve range is still -100%..+100%. Do we want it to be compatible with the originals 0%..+100% range? If we do, it should be there in the first release...

Not sure about this one. I understand why it makes more sense to use 0-100, but it will likely cause a lot of work, since we need to special-case every single graph that shows a numerical value (channel test pages for example). I'm not sure it is worth it.

- DR on the standard interface allows scale values up to 125%, but they are shown as 100% if we switch to the advanced ui. It's not really a bug of the standard ui, but it needs some attention too...

Well, I can allow values > 100 on the advanced mixer. The reason I didn't was that it makes it easy to go over the servo limits. But rigth now you can't go simple->advanced (and then view the curves) without changing the behavior....

• rbe2012
More
20 Feb 2013 06:47 #6616 by rbe2012

PhracturedBlue wrote:

rbe2012 wrote: BUG: D/R&Expo Page: changing values to idle up1 or 2 affects the curve for normal. Leaving the page and go back in shows wrong graphs. Same with changing the scale value...

This works fine for me. however, make sure you actually go back to the same graph.

I do not go back anywhere. I expected the graph to change where I change the values, but if I change idle up 1/2 values the left graph changes.

PhracturedBlue wrote: The 'idle up' state is sticky. so if you go to throttle, set it to 'idle up 2' then go to pitch, you'll see a standard graph for 'idle up 2'

I realized that. First seemed strange, but makes sense.

PhracturedBlue wrote: Please confirm.

Tested again with emu-devo8-b958c31 and confirm:
Same behavior as before. Page is "D/R & Exp" (not throttle/pitch).
When I change values in the middle or right the associated graphs do not change, but the left one shows the correct graph for the changed values. When I leave this page with exit and go in again, all the graphs show the same curve (exactly the one I have last seen only on the left). Changing values acts like above.
All values are saved ok and when I switch to advanced mixer I can see everything correctly.

More
20 Feb 2013 06:57 #6617 by PhracturedBlue
got it. It is fixed now.

• rbe2012
More
20 Feb 2013 08:14 #6619 by rbe2012
Only half way.
Tested again with emu-devo8-bfaa29e.
The values change the correct graphs, but when you leave the page (exit or selecting another switch) all three graphs are the same.

More
20 Feb 2013 13:21 #6634 by PhracturedBlue
ok. fixed it

More
20 Feb 2013 13:52 #6635 by FDR

FDR wrote: Not only a standard ui issue:

Since the timer page is one column again, there should be more space for the labels (especially for some translated texts).

The timer groups could be a little more separated.

The labels are not properly redrawn when they are changing (the old labels leave some residue).

The labels are still not properly redrawn when you change timer type.
It's ok for the english labels, but the longer translated labels, for example the hungarian (Magyar), still leave some dirt...

• rbe2012
More
20 Feb 2013 14:32 #6636 by rbe2012
I have seen this too, also with letters like p,q,g which go beyond the normal line (sorry, can't describe this better). I think this happens when the text is too long for the label box. It is written without bounds, but only the box is refreshed when changing. So some dirt is left.
The easiest way may be this: make sure, that the translated text fits into the label box. Second: make the labels bigger (will not be possible in all cases). Third: program some bounds for text output, what I think is a real challenge (calculating the boundaries is surely possible when we know the font parameters, but cutting the text to this seems quite heavy for me).

More
20 Feb 2013 14:35 #6637 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: The labels are still not properly redrawn when you change timer type.
It's ok for the english labels, but the longer translated labels, for example the hungarian (Magyar), still leave some dirt...

Should be fixed now

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds