Devo F12E Incorrect Screen Resolution

More
09 Apr 2016 17:37 #46192 by mustgetsomesleep
Replied by mustgetsomesleep on topic Devo F12E Incorrect Screen Resolution
Looks the same

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2016 17:44 #46193 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo F12E Incorrect Screen Resolution
Please show me your programming screen (Boot while holding EXT)

More
09 Apr 2016 17:49 #46194 by mustgetsomesleep
I am not sure if this helps but this resolution programming screen has been like this since i bought the f12e .
Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2016 17:56 #46195 by PhracturedBlue
I wish you had told me that earlier. I am trying to copy the initialization used by the programming screen, so if that is shifted, than of course my code will be too.

Can you show me what the screen looks like when you use the official 1.5 firmware?

More
09 Apr 2016 18:15 #46196 by mustgetsomesleep
Sorry i was under the impression you understood ! the first time i turned the F12E on everything was ok but when i tried installing the deviation firmware i switched into program mode and that was the screen i was and always have been greeted with , After your 99% sucessful firmware any further firmware from yourself and any original firmware results in the screen resolution with the gap on the right and the gap on the bottom

But no matter what i do the Programming mode always shows the same screen resolution .

PhracturedBlue wrote: I wish you had told me that earlier. I am trying to copy the initialization used by the programming screen, so if that is shifted, than of course my code will be too.

Can you show me what the screen looks like when you use the official 1.5 firmware?

Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2016 18:52 #46199 by PhracturedBlue

mustgetsomesleep wrote: After your 99% sucessful firmware any further firmware from yourself and any original firmware results in the screen resolution with the gap on the right and the gap on the bottom

I want to be sure I understand:
1) When you 1st bought the transmitter, the screen was 100% ok
2) If you put the stock firmware on the transmitter now, you see the shift to the top/left

Have you tried the 1.3A, 1.5A, AND 1.6A firmwares?
www.deviationtx.com/links?task=weblink.go&id=29

Do they all behave the same way?

More
09 Apr 2016 18:56 #46200 by mustgetsomesleep
I went through all the original firmwares and they all give identical results apart from the original 1.3a ! this gave the same windowed main screen !

More
09 Apr 2016 18:58 #46201 by PhracturedBlue
what does that mean 'windowed main screen'?

More
09 Apr 2016 19:00 #46202 by mustgetsomesleep

PhracturedBlue wrote: what does that mean 'windowed main screen'?

sorry the same result as your firmware only showing 3/4 of the screen ( missing the left 1/3 )

More
09 Apr 2016 19:06 #46203 by mustgetsomesleep
Sorry for any confusion . When new the screen was perfect no gaps ? but no matter what firmware i load now i have the gaps apart from 1.3a ! 1.3 a just looks like the original screen i posted missing the first 1/4 on the left and the small amount on the bottom !! but every program screen from new until now looks the same .

mustgetsomesleep wrote: I went through all the original firmwares and they all give identical results apart from the original 1.3a ! this gave the same windowed main screen !

More
09 Apr 2016 19:17 #46206 by PhracturedBlue
you don't happen to know what firmware was installed when you got it new do you?

More
09 Apr 2016 19:23 #46207 by mustgetsomesleep
Hear are three pictures of the about screens with the three original firmwares ! i have choose these screens because you can easily see the gaps on the right and bottom on the 1.5a and 1.6a and the 1.3 a has no gap on the right but only the bottom . The remote was originally 1.6a as can be seen in the screen shot i posted a few posts back . Hope this makes sense

Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2016 19:27 #46209 by PhracturedBlue
Am I missing something? I haven't seen any screenshots you've posted where the screen was actually centered as it is supposed to be

More
09 Apr 2016 19:32 #46211 by mustgetsomesleep

mustgetsomesleep wrote: Hear are three pictures of the about screens with the three original firmwares ! i have choose these screens because you can easily see the gaps on the right and bottom on the 1.5a and 1.6a and the 1.3 a has no gap on the right but only the bottom . The remote was originally 1.6a as can be seen in the screen shot i posted a few posts back . Hope this makes sense

Can i just ask a question you said originally you developed the firmware on a version 1.3a software tx with the version 1.0 hardware ! mine according to the about page is 1.2 hardware ?

More
09 Apr 2016 19:40 #46214 by mustgetsomesleep

PhracturedBlue wrote: Am I missing something? I haven't seen any screenshots you've posted where the screen was actually centered as it is supposed to be

No you would not have because i asked for help after originally installing the deviation firmware ! you then got back to me and said try the first firmware file , this was the one i thought had fixed the issue ! but it left the gap on the right and bottom , and like i have explained since that firmware the one you said was the lcd driver file it has never been able to display correctly

More
09 Apr 2016 19:47 #46217 by PhracturedBlue
I'm still not 100% understanding.
Have you ever installed a firmware onto the Tx yourself that worked 100% as it should? The firmware can't modify the hardware, and does not leave traces of itself, but if you ever had it working properly, you should be able to get back to that state. The other possibility is that your Tx came with a custom firmware that is not available for download.

Have you tried installing 1.6A and then removing the battery entirely for a minute (try turning on the Tx with the battery removed to drain any internal charge) and then put the battery back in? There is a small possibility that even when the Tx is off, there is still some state retained that prevents the screen from resetting.

Since we have seen the screen shifted to the right and to the left, in theory there should be a setting that will get it properly centered. Finding it will mean understanding the differences between the two modes, which I do not yet.

More
09 Apr 2016 20:05 #46219 by mustgetsomesleep
PhracturedBlue ! i myself don't understand ! i am no programmer but i do understand the basics and yes this is very odd , as you say we have both seen the image shift so this shows the physical lcd panel works . I fully understand firmware has no impact on hardware ! but i am sorry the remote came standard with a fully operational screen fully centred . For some reason that first firmware file you asked me to try changed the screen resolution and it has remained like this with the far right and bottom having a gap !!! .
Really i don't want you wasting time on this if it could be hardware related , it shows what is needed with the original walkera firmware but with my new gaps LOL . Could it be a clone because i have had this sort of problem with clone devices in the past ? i don't know i am clutching at straws
Honestly i never looked at the firmware when it arrived i am just going off the label on the tx . I will try your last method but i don't want you putting time into something you are just guessing about .

More
09 Apr 2016 20:28 #46220 by PhracturedBlue
While it can be frustrating, do not give up hope. It may take some time, but I'll give my best effort to help get it fixed.

I do not think you have a clone. Walkera is not known to have very good quality-control, and so I think you got a Tx that is a bit out of spec. It is likely they fixed that with an internal firmware that is not available for download (so once you replaced the firmware, you lost the good one). Emailing them with a picture of your problem (send them a pic of what it looks like with 0.6A installed) may result in them providing you with a new DFU. It has worked for others before, but I wouldn't count on it.

Your statement that 1.3a shows the big right-shift was helpful. I have diffed the initialization routine between 1.3a and 1.6a and there are only 7 differences. One of those (or several in connection) is likely to be the cause of the shift. I am going to provide you with a firmware that wil hopefully shift between the right-shift and left-shift view. That will show that we can produce both situations. Then we can start narrowing down which has an impact on the position.

More
09 Apr 2016 20:41 #46222 by mustgetsomesleep
Thank you very much :) i will try the asking walkera for help part ! but you know like me that is not going to happen , and i am a half full type person lol . But please don't just take this on as something that must be rectified ! i can and are still using the tx with my f210 with the original firmware , its just a wast of a great tx stuck on the original firmware .

PhracturedBlue wrote: While it can be frustrating, do not give up hope. It may take some time, but I'll give my best effort to help get it fixed.

I do not think you have a clone. Walkera is not known to have very good quality-control, and so I think you got a Tx that is a bit out of spec. It is likely they fixed that with an internal firmware that is not available for download (so once you replaced the firmware, you lost the good one). Emailing them with a picture of your problem (send them a pic of what it looks like with 0.6A installed) may result in them providing you with a new DFU. It has worked for others before, but I wouldn't count on it.

Your statement that 1.3a shows the big right-shift was helpful. I have diffed the initialization routine between 1.3a and 1.6a and there are only 7 differences. One of those (or several in connection) is likely to be the cause of the shift. I am going to provide you with a firmware that wil hopefully shift between the right-shift and left-shift view. That will show that we can produce both situations. Then we can start narrowing down which has an impact on the position.

More
09 Apr 2016 21:13 - 09 Apr 2016 21:21 #46224 by PhracturedBlue
Let's try this one:
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...turedblue-f12e-test6
My hope is that it will start up shifted left 1st. Then you press 'EXT' and it will shift right
Let me know if it actually does so

Edit: test5 wasn't quite right, need test6
Last edit: 09 Apr 2016 21:21 by PhracturedBlue.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds