PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

More
09 Nov 2012 17:55 #2820 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
I think the configuration should be similar to the devo8, but probably reduced.
you should have a choice of having data-strings and toggle buttons, and what they are each configured to do.

So lets say you can fit 8 'text boxes' onto the screen,
you should have the choice of what is shown in each box. If a box isn't configured, it can be used for toggle icons (maybe you can fit 2 toggle icons into the space of one text box?). Alternatively we could use a string rather than an icon for the toggles, but I don't think the toggle icons need to be very big. just a rectangle with a letter in it.

If 4 consecutive boxes aren't used, they could show the model icon (though I'm not sure there is actually any value in that for the limited screen size)

I probably wouldn't allow configuration of the trims, and probably not the ability to show channel-bars, since I think screen estate is too small to enable that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2012 17:03 #2843 by suvsuv
Devo10's expo&dr configure page is refactored, now all the hi/mid/low rates can be done in the same page and their corresponding graphes are changed automatically. Please check it out

More
10 Nov 2012 17:18 #2844 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
It looks much better. thanks!
I've pulled all your changes.

More
11 Nov 2012 14:21 #2846 by suvsuv
The page of Main page config is also done in devo10

More
11 Nov 2012 14:29 - 11 Nov 2012 14:35 #2847 by sbstnp

suvsuv wrote: The page of Main page config is also done in devo10

Amazing job!

Can you move the tx power to this config too, as an option?

Or not, just built the emulator and looks nice and symmetric with the toggles on the left.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire
Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 14:35 by sbstnp.

More
11 Nov 2012 15:16 #2848 by PhracturedBlue
It looks really nice! Do you have any additional GUI layout changes planned for this release, or do you see it stable enough or me to start documentation?

More
11 Nov 2012 15:33 - 11 Nov 2012 15:57 #2849 by suvsuv
No additional UI pages to do in the short term. I will only fix bugs until you finish the documents and release a version.
Currently, my devo10 is quite stable based on my fly experience these days.

Update: Just remember that I might improve the following options
1) auto-dimmer options: allow to turn off the LCD, not just the backlight
2) change duration of timer alarm.
These 2 changes should be done in the tx-configure page and the model page, shouldn't need extra UI pages.
PB, do you know the commands to turn off/on LCD in devo8 and devo10, instead of invoking LCD_Init()?
Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 15:57 by suvsuv.

More
11 Nov 2012 15:58 #2850 by PhracturedBlue
I've committed everything. There are a couple minor fixes in there too.

More
11 Nov 2012 16:04 #2851 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: Update: Just remember that I might improve the following options
These 2 changes should be done in the tx-configure page and the model page, shouldn't need extra UI pages.
PB, do you know the commands to turn off/on LCD in devo8 and devo10, instead of invoking LCD_Init()?

LCD_Sleep() on the Devo8 should work.
on the Devo10 it is lcd_display(0);

More
11 Nov 2012 16:08 - 11 Nov 2012 16:10 #2852 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote:

suvsuv wrote: Update: Just remember that I might improve the following options

LCD_Sleep() on the Devo8 should work.
on the Devo10 it is lcd_display(0);

then what about releasing the sleep mode in devo8?
Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 16:10 by suvsuv.

More
11 Nov 2012 16:19 #2853 by PhracturedBlue
I don't understand your quetsion. On the devo8 the screen is completely unreadable when the backlight is off, so you could shutdown the screen too. But there's a bit of additional work needed. The best way is probably to stop calling GUID_RefreshScreen() and PAGE_Event() since that will save the most power.

More
11 Nov 2012 16:25 #2854 by suvsuv
Sorry, I have you misunderstood my question. What I want to know is: after using LCD_Sleep() to put devo8's LCD into sleep mode, what command is used to wake the LCD up?

BTW, I have tested my devo10, the LCD_display(0) can let LCD sleep and LCD_display(1) can have it waked up. It does work in devo10 :)

More
11 Nov 2012 17:17 - 11 Nov 2012 17:18 #2855 by PhracturedBlue
There isn't such a thing today. For the moment, just create an empty lcd_display() function. I'll fill it in with the necessary code.

Note, I just checked in code touching the tx_config files. I moved telemetry units from the telemconfig to the tx_config.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2012 17:18 by PhracturedBlue.

More
11 Nov 2012 18:50 #2856 by xCometz
Replied by xCometz on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
if you just playing with display on/off, maybe you just entering standby mode.
To get real sleep mode you must write following to lcd

to sleep mode
0xAC static indicator off
0xAE display off
0xA5 entire display on

wake up from sleep mode
0xAF display on
0xAD enter static display on (1st command)
0x03 static on normal (2nd command)

More
11 Nov 2012 19:32 #2857 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: Note, I just checked in code touching the tx_config files. I moved telemetry units from the telemconfig to the tx_config.

...and splitted the settings on two pages.

Now that there is enough space, can I ask for some grouping the related items on those pages?

For example group the stick mode and calibration together, or all the display related things like screen calibration with the backlight and dimmer settings.
And the telemetry units and the language together form the localization too.
The only question is which settings are more important to place the first page...

BTW the scrolling has a bug: if you scroll down, then switch to an other page with left/right and then back, the second page will be shown, but the scrollbar position is up.

More
11 Nov 2012 19:51 #2858 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: Note, I just checked in code touching the tx_config files. I moved telemetry units from the telemconfig to the tx_config.

Now that there is enough space, can I ask for some grouping the related items on those pages?

Feel free to experiment as you like. If you find a setup you like, let me know.
The code will work the same if you move the relevant lines with respect to each other. It should be pretty straight forward. Everything is in pages/320x240x16/tx_configure.c

A few notes:
a) language should be 1st on the 1st page. If you don't speak the default language, it should be easy to get to and change (this is something I want to fix on Devo10 too, but I'm not sure how yet)
b) I think touch calibration should be on the 1st page too since it should be easy to get to to make the screen work, but I'm less sure on this one.

BTW the scrolling has a bug: if you scroll down, then switch to an other page with left/right and then back, the second page will be shown, but the scrollbar position is up.

Thanks, I've fixed it.

More
12 Nov 2012 00:30 #2859 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote:

Feel free to experiment as you like. If you find a setup you like, let me know.
The code will work the same if you move the relevant lines with respect to each other. It should be pretty straight forward. Everything is in pages/320x240x16/tx_configure.c

A few notes:
a) language should be 1st on the 1st page. If you don't speak the default language, it should be easy to get to and change (this is something I want to fix on Devo10 too, but I'm not sure how yet)
b) I think touch calibration should be on the 1st page too since it should be easy to get to to make the screen work, but I'm less sure on this one.

Thanks, I've fixed it.

Please don't do that. In devo8, touching is used to scroll up/down among pages.
But in devo10, up/down is used to scroll up/down among items, and right/left is used to change item options, how to scroll up/down among pages quickly ?
Actually, I prefer putting telemtry config back to telemetry monitor pages.
Though devo10 should have exactly the same functionalities as devo8, they could have different UI presentation. And in devo10, add more menu items is better than adding more items into a configure pages, in order to get to expected items as quick as possible

More
12 Nov 2012 02:19 - 12 Nov 2012 02:20 #2860 by suvsuv

xCometz wrote: if you just playing with display on/off, maybe you just entering standby mode.
To get real sleep mode you must write following to lcd

to sleep mode
0xAC static indicator off
0xAE display off
0xA5 entire display on

wake up from sleep mode
0xAF display on
0xAD enter static display on (1st command)
0x03 static on normal (2nd command)

Run a quick test to measure current consumption between LCD standby/sleep and normal more, entering standby mode can only save less than 1mA when backlight is off, I don't think it is a very meaningful feature to be implemented in devo10.
PB, please verify whether you see big power saving in devo8 by putting LCD to sleep or standby mode when you had time.
Backlight=1, Txpower=10mWBacklight= offBacklight=off, LCD sleepBacklight=off, LCD standby
Current consumption114.5mA99mA99mA98.2mA
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 02:20 by suvsuv.

More
12 Nov 2012 03:40 #2863 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: Please don't do that. In devo8, touching is used to scroll up/down among pages.
But in devo10, up/down is used to scroll up/down among items, and right/left is used to change item options, how to scroll up/down among pages quickly ?

I have no idea what you are talking about. nothing I or FDR discussed would affect how page-changes happen on the devo10.

Actually, I prefer putting telemtry config back to telemetry monitor pages.
Though devo10 should have exactly the same functionalities as devo8, they could have different UI presentation. And in devo10, add more menu items is better than adding more items into a configure pages, in order to get to expected items as quick as possible

No, it definitely makes much more sense where it is now. It is a transmitter property. It should not be set for each model, but once for each transmitter.

More
12 Nov 2012 03:48 #2864 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: PB, please verify whether you see big power saving in devo8 by putting LCD to sleep or standby mode when you had time.

I wouldn't worry about it honestly. I don't think you're going to see a sizeable power savings.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds