PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

More
02 Nov 2012 01:49 #2594 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: It would be helpful if you change Eclipse to use spaces rather than tabs in the future. I keep needing to remember to remove all the tabs as I do the import.

Will do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2012 01:51 #2595 by suvsuv

sbstnp wrote: by the way, any special build procedure for devo 10? I built a dfu earlier and after transferred to my devo10 it doesn't start, shows just a corrupted screen, so I returned to walkera's firmware.

what could cause this?

copy all files and folders under $Projectsrc\filesystem\devo10 to your devo10's USB drive(press ENT when power on)

More
02 Nov 2012 03:51 #2598 by sbstnp
I don't reach that phase, screen gets corrupted and then nothing. Same thing when ENT or no ENT. Must be something else.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
02 Nov 2012 03:58 #2599 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Ok, I've merged virtually all of the devo10 code.
I moved the files from the pages/ dir to pages/common/
I combined the stick calibration routines between the devo10 and devo8
I shared the mixer_page.h files (took the devo10 settings for devo8)
I removed all references to 'traditional_mixer'
Otherwise, I think I took everything as-is

Note. I didn't take the Makefile changes, nor did I take the config.ini changes. I'm planning to change how fonts are handled, so I'll delay those until I'm done with that work.

More
02 Nov 2012 06:04 - 02 Nov 2012 10:03 #2602 by suvsuv
got the merged codes
Last edit: 02 Nov 2012 10:03 by suvsuv.

More
02 Nov 2012 06:21 #2603 by sbstnp
Anh reason for changing the button style?

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Nov 2012 15:45 #2615 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
I don't see the latest changes in your repo (but do see more bug fixes). Let me know once you've pushed everything, so I can see where we stand.
I really appreciate the work you're doing. I'm going to hold up the next release until the Devo10 stuff is ready to roll, since it looks so close already.

Thanks!

More
02 Nov 2012 16:45 - 02 Nov 2012 16:48 #2616 by suvsuv
Just merge with your latest update , please check them out and merge again:
1) I remove all traditional mixer stuffs at this moment , which will let your code diff easier
2) I fixed 2 new critical bugs when testing with real devo10:
a) When the safety dialog poped up in the middle of any page opened, it won't get dismissed any more. It is because d10's pages all have a default selected widget to simplify user's navigating. however, this will grab the dialog's selecting focus so the dialog got stuck.
b) the safety dialog keeps interrupt calibration if auto-safe is set ON. I make a quick-fix which works in emulator. However, I found that current calibration won't work in real devo10 any more. I might rever it back to my previous logic.
2) Please synced with my changed in the lcd_gfx.c and channel.c, containing important bug fix. Otherwise, pages might crashed with more than 1 page and the sticks are not mapped correctly.

I am still working on fixing calibration issues in real device, also need to make the reorder_list page work in devo10 as it will crash the complex template.
Hopefully, we can release an alpha version for integration test fly during this weekend and meet my estimated schedule B)
Last edit: 02 Nov 2012 16:48 by suvsuv.

More
02 Nov 2012 16:58 #2617 by suvsuv
Already fix calibration bug and verify it in real devo10. Please check it with your real devo8 to make sure it works as well

More
03 Nov 2012 02:44 #2619 by suvsuv
Reorderlist(Only in the mixer curve page. I don't really think it is a must-have in the mixer_page at this moment) and usb pages are all ported to devo10. The alpha version can be released for testing now

More
03 Nov 2012 04:02 - 03 Nov 2012 04:03 #2620 by sbstnp

suvsuv wrote: Reorderlist(Only in the mixer curve page. I don't really think it is a must-have in the mixer_page at this moment) and usb pages are all ported to devo10. The alpha version can be released for testing now

I'm all for an alpha version as there is something wrong with my arm toolchain - I used something else than summon-arm-toolchain. Last night I got to the point where I saw the USB symbol, copied the filesystem but never got past that stage, TX would reboot and corrupt the USB storage.

But well, my problem :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 03 Nov 2012 04:03 by sbstnp.

More
03 Nov 2012 04:15 - 03 Nov 2012 04:17 #2621 by PhracturedBlue
Can you look at these fonts and tell me which you prefer for the CJK character set?

the font15 files are for the devo8
the font12 files are for the devo10

If you are interested you can use fontforge or another font browser to look at the bdf to see the full content of the font, or just install the .fon file in the emulator.

the wqy versions are using the WQY-ZenHei font, whereas the non-wqy versions are using the Firefly font. Note that the original deviation 12narrow font was neither of these (I have no idea where the CJK characters came from)

Both fonts use the Ubuntu-condensed font for latin, and cyrillic, so there is no difference for anything but the Chinese language.

I'm going to change the build system so that the filesystem fonts are built from the bdf. this will make management of fonts (adding characters and altering fonts) easier, but I want to start from a good baseline.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Nov 2012 04:17 by PhracturedBlue.

More
03 Nov 2012 05:39 #2622 by PhracturedBlue
Also, I've merged your latest code.

Missing now:
1) I didn't do channels.c I'll do it once I do some verification on the Tx
2) I still haven't loaded the filesystem changes. That is gated mostly by a decision on which font to use, and putting together a build process
3) The new fonts I posted seem to need a different line-offset than the one you're using?
4) We need to clean up all the warnings, as this is a pre-requisite to a production release
5) I haven't actually done any testing on my Tx so far. I still need to do that

More
03 Nov 2012 05:41 #2623 by suvsuv
Test the fonts in both devo8 and devo10,
In devo8 , font15 is the best, even font15_wqy is way better than the 12narrow, please replace current 12narrow with this one.
In devo10, the 12serif is the best, both font12 and font12_wqy are kind of too tall.
Thanks for bringing such good fonts for Chinese languages B)

More
03 Nov 2012 05:44 #2624 by suvsuv
There are only 4 warnings in building devo10 i, I am on purposely leaving it there as it will remind me of refactoring the current protocolselection&binding page. There should be no any warning in building devo8 and devo6

More
03 Nov 2012 15:30 - 03 Nov 2012 15:31 #2628 by PhracturedBlue
Try this font. it is 11pt instead of 12pt, but it is built with firefly so hopefully it looks ok in Chinese. I decided on the smaller font because it works much better with Russian, and looks good in English on the Devo10.

If it isn't usable, I can try to splice the 12px CJK characters into the 11px latin/cyrillic.

Note that the 12serif font doesn't have full language support, so we can't keep it as is.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Nov 2012 15:31 by PhracturedBlue.

More
03 Nov 2012 17:35 #2644 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Try this font. it is 11pt instead of 12pt, but it is built with firefly so hopefully it looks ok in Chinese. I decided on the smaller font because it works much better with Russian, and looks good in English on the Devo10.

If it isn't usable, I can try to splice the 12px CJK characters into the 11px latin/cyrillic.

Note that the 12serif font doesn't have full language support, so we can't keep it as is.

This font is not as good as 12serif as it can't show clearly for both Simplified and Traditional Chinese

More
03 Nov 2012 17:56 #2648 by PhracturedBlue
Ok.
I merged the cjk characters from the 12serif font with the 11px characters for latin/cyrillic.

The code is now updated. Note that the fonts are now built from the bdf source. let me know if you have any issue with the process.

More
04 Nov 2012 04:29 #2663 by suvsuv
Just synced with your lastest update, not found the new 12serif font, you should forgot to have it submitted.

Please check out my new codes, including:
1) move main_page's shared callbacks to pages/common folder
2) Allow changing TX power on the fly, but only apply to devo10 at the moment, since I don't have devo8 to verify it. The codes are added in the protocol.c as per your suggestion
3) Currently, you can just ignore the main.c for which you still have concerns.

More
04 Nov 2012 04:49 #2665 by PhracturedBlue
old 12narrow is now 15normal
old 12serif is now 12normal
both are released with 877d237b40c8
you need to run make once to build them (the sources are in src/fonts, the outputs go to filesystem/devo*/media/
The config.ini files have been updated to use them.

I'll check out your changes soon.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds