PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

More
08 Nov 2012 03:45 #2772 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)
Also, can you go through the issues here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...atus=new&status=open

that are related to the Devo10 and see which can be closed? I think most/all of them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 03:52 #2773 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Also, can you go through the issues here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/i...atus=new&status=open

that are related to the Devo10 and see which can be closed? I think most/all of them.

Yes, I am keeping track of bugs related to devo10. For those bugs that I replied with fixed, please have them closed as I don't have privilege to do so.

BTW, will you replace the 12narrow font with 12normal font for devo8?

More
08 Nov 2012 03:56 #2774 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB, request for code review and merge back(2)

suvsuv wrote: BTW, will you replace the 12narrow font with 12normal font for devo8?

I'm not planning on it. We only have enough space on the Tx for 1 full-unicode font. that is 15normal for devo8 and 12normal for devo10. all other fonts need to be a subset (generally just pure ascii)

More
08 Nov 2012 14:26 #2786 by suvsuv
1) The auto dimmer feature is in. While I am working on its configure pages ,please take a look at its current logic and let me know if you want a higher frequency for the back-light scanning
2) Fix a major bug in calibration

More
08 Nov 2012 15:06 #2790 by PhracturedBlue
Auto-dimmer is not on bitbucket, so I can't review

More
08 Nov 2012 15:15 #2792 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Auto-dimmer is not on bitbucket, so I can't review

I don't get your point. When adding a feature , must I create a bug on the bitbucket?

More
08 Nov 2012 15:38 #2793 by FDR
I think he meant you haven't pushed it yet...

More
08 Nov 2012 15:42 #2794 by suvsuv

FDR wrote: I think he meant you haven't pushed it yet...

Sorry, my network's issue and I don't realize it was broken in the middle of pushing. Just pushed codes in.

More
08 Nov 2012 23:20 #2798 by PhracturedBlue
Overall, the autodim feature looks ok.
2 things:
1) why do you need to check it in the GUI? I don't think that is the right place to check the Dimmer. in the main loop (for powerdown) and in the button and touch handlers (for power up) should be sufficient, it seems to me.

2) I don't see any value in your low-priority functions. The screen update at 100msec is low speed enough for anything we need in my opinion, so just put it there.

More
09 Nov 2012 13:41 #2805 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: Overall, the autodim feature looks ok.
2 things:
1) why do you need to check it in the GUI? I don't think that is the right place to check the Dimmer. in the main loop (for powerdown) and in the button and touch handlers (for power up) should be sufficient, it seems to me.

Changed as per your suggestion

PhracturedBlue wrote: 2) I don't see any value in your low-priority functions. The screen update at 100msec is low speed enough for anything we need in my opinion, so just put it there.

I don't see the need to check back-light as quick as once per 100msec. once per seconde is sufficient for this low priority task. But this is not a blocking issue for both you and me, so you can just move the backlight checking into the redraw loop in your repo.

Today I make quite a few checkin, please take a look and have them merged back to your repo:
1) Merged your latest update except change related Expo&DR in the mixer setup
2) Provide configuration UI for auto-dimmer setting in both devo10 and devo8, please verify it in your devo8 TX
2) In the Expo&Dr setting page, you moved 2 graphes from mixer setup into its subpage. This is not a good solution, compared with my current one. What I do is to have them switched to the active viewpoint based on what left item is selected.
2) Fix improper font setting for the timer in the main page when time is up. The config.ini under filesystem/devo10/media must be merged back
3) Fix bug about drawing BMP in devo10

Attachments:

More
09 Nov 2012 14:15 #2806 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: 2) In the Expo&Dr setting page, you moved 2 graphes from mixer setup into its subpage. This is not a good solution, compared with my current one. What I do is to have them switched to the active viewpoint based on what left item is selected.

I don't understand. As far as I can tell, the current code works exactly like the previous code, except that you now have the vertical bar as well. you created 3 xy graphs, but there seems to be no way to view more than one at a time, and the way to switch them is to select the switch in question, which redraws the graphs from scratch. What did I miss? Is there another way to switch the current XY graph on the Expo page?

More
09 Nov 2012 14:33 - 09 Nov 2012 14:48 #2809 by suvsuv
when navigating among different switch items in the left view, their corresponding graph will be switched to show to the right. I got a user request to watch xygraphes in the same page instead
of entering and exiting subpages from time to time
Last edit: 09 Nov 2012 14:48 by suvsuv.

More
09 Nov 2012 14:39 #2810 by FDR
:blink:
Jeez! I didn't realized, that the two other curve options are there.

In general clicking on such a source or switch button means inverting it, so I haven't even tried.
I thought that page is still incomplete...

More
09 Nov 2012 15:00 #2812 by PhracturedBlue
I didn't realize it worked that way. It is certainly not inuitive. maybe at least show some text indicating what is being displayed? It would be somewhat more intuitive, and would make it more clear what was going on. Also, I'm not yet convinced of using sub-pages for the expo-d/R. it makes configuration very slow. I think I'd rather just have a couple more text-selects on the main page.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:16 #2814 by FDR
Yep, that's what I meant here:

FDR wrote: The Expo&DR page could be arranged like the Timers are. There the two timer is on two separate scrolled pages whether they take all the place or not. In this way the DR page could be split to three parts with one (optional) graph per page, but since it has more options to set, it should have two pages per graph. The only thing is that those pages should have some label indicating which part of the whole you actually see.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:17 #2815 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote: I didn't realize it worked that way. It is certainly not inuitive. maybe at least show some text indicating what is being displayed? It would be somewhat more intuitive, and would make it more clear what was going on.

No matter how we do ,the deviation is not a easy-to-use system for new users. A manual is needed instead of putting tutorial items.

PhracturedBlue wrote: Also, I'm not yet convinced of using sub-pages for the expo-d/R. it makes configuration very slow. I think I'd rather just have a couple more text-selects on the main page.

That is what I am going to do. But man, you should give me some patient as I already drive out this system to devo10 very quick. Currently, I only slow down a little bit and focus on bug-fixing in order to let the deviation10 becomes a stable build.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:32 #2816 by PhracturedBlue

suvsuv wrote: But man, you should give me some patient as I already drive out this system to devo10 very quick. Currently, I only slow down a little bit and focus on bug-fixing in order to let the deviation10 becomes a stable build.

Take no offense. The work you've done has been great and is certainly appreciated by me and many others.

We are now close enough to doing a proper release that I want to make sure the interface is in its final state (for this release). Before release, I need to write the documentation, and it takes me a long time to do documentation. If the interface changes, I need to redo it, so having the interface stable is important to the final steps.

Do you have any plans to have a customizeable main page like we do for the devo8? We're obviously more limited in space, but (for instance) being able to configure whether the model image is shown, or that space supports text boxes or toggles would probably be very helpful. Please let me know what your plans are in this regard.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:33 - 09 Nov 2012 15:34 #2817 by FDR
Easy! Nobody urges you, I think.
I just was really surprised, that the funcionality is there at all.

The point is, that PB created that page in the devo 8 to simplify defining the usual flight mode dependent settings on one page, i.e. without the need of the complex mixer. If it's not on one page, it's not that important, I think.
IMO the DEVO10 could simply have only the simple and the complex mixers... (But don't delete it, for heaven's sake! ;) )
Last edit: 09 Nov 2012 15:34 by FDR.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:37 #2818 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: IMO the DEVO10 could simply have only the simple and the complex mixers... (But don't delete it, for heaven's sake! ;) )

It is probably true, but would make sharing models between the devo8 and devo10 more challenging since the template is stored in the model file.

More
09 Nov 2012 15:47 #2819 by suvsuv

PhracturedBlue wrote:
We are now close enough to doing a proper release that I want to make sure the interface is in its final state (for this release). Before release, I need to write the documentation, and it takes me a long time to do documentation. If the interface changes, I need to redo it, so having the interface stable is important to the final steps.

Do you have any plans to have a customizeable main page like we do for the devo8? We're obviously more limited in space, but (for instance) being able to configure whether the model image is shown, or that space supports text boxes or toggles would probably be very helpful. Please let me know what your plans are in this regard.

So far, the deviation10 is proved to be quite stable from what I heard from about 5 test users.
And most of the bugs that we knew have been fixed.
In the weekend, I will improve the Expo&DR page to draw all items into the same page.
In terms of the customizeable main page, could you give me some suggestion about what you want to configureļ¼Œ then I will get it done this weekend also. Of coz, please take the LCD resolution constraint into account B)

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds