Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

More
24 Dec 2018 09:53 - 24 Dec 2018 10:06 #72109 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
I have no idea were the circuit comes from, it seem to have dedicated chip and it works very well. I do not use the micro usb,but just wired gnd/5v to the Transmitter usb. Same module I use in Frsky X-lite.

Another solution would be to bypass the 3v3 onboard regulator by a step up step down 3v3 regulator, I have very good results with this one, Pololu S7V8F3
www.pololu.com/product/2122
Then run the TX from 1s lipo and charge over USB with a tp4056 charge /protect module.
nl.aliexpress.com/item/Smart-Electronics...a1-9374-040e5953e26a

I use that setup with great success in my Devo ultimate 7E, for a few years now.

Only featureI would like into Deviation, is to calibrate my Tx voltage displayed (prefered in hardware.ini), as I removed the reverse protection DIODE I am approx 0.3V too high.
Last edit: 24 Dec 2018 10:06 by Fernandez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 06:05 #72730 by scheich
Replied by scheich on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Hello,
I have a problem with my T8SG V2 Plus:

I install the voice hardware(taranis speaker, df player), but the transmitter say:
"externly voice currently unavailable"
(Modell Menü-voice config)

What I do:

I install the dfplayer with a 2gb micro SC card. The "mp3" folder are in the SD card.

I confirm the config.ini:
voice=dfplayer
voice-uart5=1

and I clear the semicolon.

I update the transmitter to 2 different updates, no canche!

I test it with 4x AA batteries and 2s lipo.

What am I missing?

The dfplayer are not work?

Thank you for your answer, sorry my English is not good.
Greets from Germany

More
06 Feb 2019 08:18 #72731 by Ryou
Replied by Ryou on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Have you copied the voice.ini file to the media holder? .

More
06 Feb 2019 10:00 #72732 by scheich
Hello,
No, I only edit the hardware.ini in the media holder.
Who i find the voice.ini?

Thank you for your help.

More
06 Feb 2019 10:27 #72733 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
The "hardware.ini" has to be in the root directory of your transmitter.

More
06 Feb 2019 10:36 #72734 by scheich
Yes, the "hardware.ini" is in the root of the transmitter.

But who is the voice.ini?

More
06 Feb 2019 10:42 #72735 by scheich
Sorry for the misunderstood.

The "Hardware.ini" is in the root from the transmitter. This file I open with wordpad and edit the
voice=dfplayer
voice-uart5=1

and I clear the semicolon.

Nothing else I do in the root of the transmitter.

The SD card from the dfplayer, I format and load the "mp3" folder from the wiki.

More
06 Feb 2019 10:56 - 06 Feb 2019 10:57 #72736 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Die voice packs enthalten eine Datei voice.ini, diese muss in das Verzeichnis media auf dem Sender kopiert werden. Auch die mit dem Voicepacker (link siehe Wiki) erstellten Voicepacks enthalten so eine voice.ini Datei.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 10:57 by Moeder.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:33 - 06 Feb 2019 12:34 #72740 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
I'm not sure that Windows wordpad can be used for editing *.ini files, it insert CR-LF at end of lines. The *.ini files use LF at end of lines. Will be better to use UNIX style "Notepad+".

Use fresh copy of "hardware.ini" and edit with "Notepad+".
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 12:34 by vlad_vy.

More
06 Feb 2019 12:44 #72741 by scheich

Moeder wrote: Die voice packs enthalten eine Datei voice.ini, diese muss in das Verzeichnis media auf dem Sender kopiert werden. Auch die mit dem Voicepacker (link siehe Wiki) erstellten Voicepacks enthalten so eine voice.ini Datei.

Vielen Dank, das muss ich in der Anleitung überlesen haben. Teste ich heute Abend gleich mal.

i'm not sure that Windows wordpad can be used for editing *.ini files, it insert CR-LF at end of lines. The *.ini files use LF at end of lines. Will be better to use UNIX style "Notepad+".

Use fresh copy of "hardware.ini" and edit with "Notepad+".

Okay, thank you.... I test it with notepad+

More
11 Feb 2019 22:40 - 11 Feb 2019 22:41 #72857 by brycej
Replied by brycej on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Saw on a Micro Motor Warehouse email that he tried to buy more T8SG v2+ and they are out of production. Anyone know if a new radio is going to replace it?

From the email:
Jumper has discontinued the T8SG transmitter!
Hello bryce,
when I got my first T8SGv2+, I have retired my collection of Taranis radios, because I loved the stack of protocols, the slim form factor, and easy access to model files and transmitter configuration over USB. Such a good radio, I am using it exclusively ever since, not only to fly my micro quads, but also for my cars, boats and planes.

The price and the quality of this radio is so good that we started trading them, and our customers are very happy with this transmitter, from beginner to veteran.

Two weeks ago, when I reached out to Jumper to order more of the T8SGv2+, I was told that this transmitter is out of production now. Discontinued ;(

At this point, we have 7 of these radios left in US stock - so if you are keen on one, grab it now before they are all gone. We will not get any more!
Last edit: 11 Feb 2019 22:41 by brycej.

More
02 Mar 2019 09:42 - 02 Mar 2019 09:54 #73117 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
@rardhian

Tempting mod (especially now im planning to replace the "weak" 2S I bought at fleabay. And an JR box/wolfbox 1watter)

But

I hate the battery facing bare board.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 09:54 by Rjx.

More
02 Mar 2019 09:52 #73118 by Rjx
To others using T8SG v2plus, have you tried using high powered 433MHz modules?

When I set mine to max output (maybe around 300Mw+, assuming, wolfbox with openLRSng/un modded)

The trims go crazy (tilt+ &yaw-).this would eventualy result in crash if it where to happen mid-air.

Ive replaced the ufl/sma cable to a better one (RGxxx) and a proper vee dipole. It seem to have lessened as compared to the stock cable/shortened dipole it came.but still..I cant go full power with that module w/o blasting interference to the control.

Its using RFM23BP 433MHz module/PPM input. Beeping. And when entering menu , cant control.

When I set to lowest possible RF output (like maybe 10mW-ish, its stable. No interference.

So I guess the hardware is prone to interference(?)

More
02 Mar 2019 10:34 #73120 by rardhian
Replied by rardhian on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

Rjx wrote: I hate the battery facing bare board.

Why not?

• Still lots of space between the battery insulator and the board
  • They don't swell like soft case high-C lipos, at least I haven't seen any of mine I had since 2014 puffing like my soft and even hard case lipos
  • Cable ties are built like a tank
  • Gravity :whistle: holds the battery away from the board when you're using it, or when put on its back

• Having said that, I'm more worried that I can't easily remove the batteries. But I always kept my batteries at storage voltage when not going to be used for a long time..

More
    03 Mar 2019 04:45 #73133 by ramunas
    Replied by ramunas on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
    @Rjx you might consider a new size of Li-Ion battery - 16650. These are 16x65mm vs the 18x65mm of the more common 18650s. Rather than doing the mods to accommodate the 18650s, I had a hunch that these slightly slimmer batteries should fit in the transmitter 4xAA cavity as is. So I ordered these: www.ebay.com/itm/2-pc-SANYO-UR-16650-ZTA...w2GJakP5b:rk:14:pf:0
    A two pack slips into the battery cavity the long way (vertically) with about 5mm to spare when you close the battery cover. I put a 3mm foam patch at the top of the battery cavity, and on the battery cover to contain the battery and avoid rattling. It is easily removable. The advertised capacity of 2500mah is slightly overstated as is common - my two batteries were almost identical at 2030mah. I have only 1 month of use so far with no issues.

More
    03 Mar 2019 05:05 #73134 by Rjx

ramunas wrote: @Rjx you might consider a new size of Li-Ion battery - 16650. These are 16x65mm vs the 18x65mm of the more common 18650s. Rather than doing the mods to accommodate the 18650s, I had a hunch that these slightly slimmer batteries should fit in the transmitter 4xAA cavity as is. So I ordered these: www.ebay.com/itm/2-pc-SANYO-UR-16650-ZTA...w2GJakP5b:rk:14:pf:0
    A two pack slips into the battery cavity the long way (vertically) with about 5mm to spare when you close the battery cover. I put a 3mm foam patch at the top of the battery cavity, and on the battery cover to contain the battery and avoid rattling. It is easily removable. The advertised capacity of 2500mah is slightly overstated as is common - my two batteries were almost identical at 2030mah. I have only 1 month of use so far with no issues.

Yeah easy to do but currently where I live(and work) , Getting batteries online is a no-go with customs. Any other electronics products that use these type of batteries? All I can think of is "smaller" powerbanks.

More
    03 Mar 2019 06:37 #73135 by scheich
    This is my 18650 mod.
    Use 2 LG 18650 HG2 Battery's
    Printed a Battery holder for left and right side.
    MPX plug for charging and balance.
    Attachments:

More
    03 Mar 2019 11:24 - 03 Mar 2019 12:23 #73149 by rardhian
    Replied by rardhian on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

Rjx wrote: Yeah easy to do but currently where I live(and work) , Getting batteries online is a no-go with customs. Any other electronics products that use these type of batteries? All I can think of is "smaller" powerbanks.

16650.. interesting, sounds like 18650 with fewer wraps. There don't seem to be IMR or LiMn of these though.

Found few local stores selling Sanyo 16650s, claiming to be disassembled from laptop batteries. Dead cheap, 1/10th the price of Samsung 30Q, with claimed capacity of 1600mAh to 2500mAh. Probably these came from thinner laptops demands? Though Macbook Pros and ultrathin laptops are using soft lipo packs.

If you're still worried why not just go with 2s or maybe 2s2p 14500 batteries? Though it probably won't have any interesting capacity over the original lipos you had.

scheich wrote: Use 2 LG 18650 HG2 Battery's
    Printed a Battery holder for left and right side.

Would this work with dfplayer installed? :whistle:
    Last edit: 03 Mar 2019 12:23 by rardhian.

More
    03 Mar 2019 12:56 - 03 Mar 2019 12:58 #73150 by scheich
    Yes, dfplayer is inside.
    Attachments:
    Last edit: 03 Mar 2019 12:58 by scheich.

More
    03 Mar 2019 13:11 #73151 by Rjx

scheich wrote: Yes, dfplayer is inside.

Looks promising :)

Maybe 18650 would do. And that 3D print. Mind sharing the STL file?

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds