Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

More
18 Jun 2018 05:39 #69659 by pgerts
Replied by pgerts on topic 2s lipo for Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

dddddd wrote: Can someone please recommend a SPECIFIC 2s lipo that will fit the PLUS?
Have one on order that arrives in a few days...
I believe that I read that it should measure no larger than 90x30x15mm.
Is that correct? (still looking for a specific recommendation).
Will I need to get a battery connector as well, or is the on that is hooked up to the AA battery holder going to work (not hard wired).
Thanks

I am also waiting for my new TX and cant find a lot of info.
From your dimensions the only battery i find is the Turnigy 1800 2S 12C with dimensions 64*50*14
hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-1800mah-2s-1...o-receiver-pack.html .
I do also want to know if the power switch can be used to get out the battery power to a 7805 to drive the sound and speaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2018 12:44 #69666 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic 2s lipo for Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
No need to add another regulator for voice when running of lipo in most cases.

More
18 Jun 2018 15:52 #69668 by pgerts
Replied by pgerts on topic 2s lipo for Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

Moeder wrote: No need to add another regulator for voice when running of lipo in most cases.

GREAT!
Have to find a speaker - not från CN as we have some issues with deliveries from CN. I have ordered the soundchip from within EU.
I guess i can find a speaker from an old headset. Just sent a couple old ones to the recycling.........
Waiting for shipping information on my TX ordered 1st of june.........................................

More
21 Jun 2018 15:59 - 26 Jun 2018 16:38 #69682 by Kecske85
Replied by Kecske85 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

Kecske85 wrote: So I tried installing a dfplayer module with direct connection to the speaker.
When using 1.2V rechargeable batteries or 1.5V alkaline batteries, only static comes out of it.
Using 2 cell lipo it played the clips but makes a loud screeching sound initially and later randomly.
Any ideas/suggestions? I did not solder the module in yet, but I don't think that should be a problem.

So I tried again, with the 0.5W 22mm speaker.
Still doesn't work at all with AA batteries.
On 2S li-ion, it still makes screeching noises on the letter 'S' at the beginning and functions correctly after a while.
Installed permanently anyways, since I can't see the timer (or anything) on the "amazing" OLED screen.

edit: still doesn't work, and now the radio is all kinds of broken too. I sure regret buying this.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2018 16:38 by Kecske85.

More
22 Jun 2018 16:07 #69687 by pgerts
Replied by pgerts on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Look what i found in the kids room - has not been used for long ;-)
Worth a try?
Attachments:

More
30 Jun 2018 10:16 #69741 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Hi guys.

New to this forums and new to this jumper(T8SG V2 PLUS)

to those who have hacked(hardware) , could you please point out where the "switched" power output/pad is?

Planning on adding the dfplayer but going to power it up from different dc-dc 5v. 2s lipo as input. But I need it powered after the electronic power switch.

ALSO
Using 4x NiMh I get jitters on gimbal monitor, but on 2s lipo its non-existent. Is there a fixx for this?
Please note I have already done calibrate. Problem is when powered-up again, same problem goes back(jitters)..NONE when using 2s lipo

More
03 Jul 2018 23:36 #69764 by Ask1me
Replied by Ask1me on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
hello,
I found this issues my New Jumper t8sgV2+ already update with latest nighty builds firmware :

deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-ccc06d0

Im using FC board CrazybeeF3 Frysky version with latest firmware betaflight_3.3.3_CRAZYBEEF3FR (Stable)

i can't bind this FC board with my jumper t8sgV2+ but its work fine with Flysky version (AFHDS2A) with my another FC board CrazybeeF3 Flysky version

I already try to set up step by step for Freq-coarse / Freq fine from -40 to 40 but it never get bind

what do i miss?
is there any suggestions?, maybe Tx setup is wrong?

thanks for any advice

More
04 Jul 2018 05:26 #69765 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

Ask1me wrote: hello,
I found this issues my New Jumper t8sgV2+ already update with latest nighty builds firmware :

deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-ccc06d0

Im using FC board CrazybeeF3 Frysky version with latest firmware betaflight_3.3.3_CRAZYBEEF3FR (Stable)

i can't bind this FC board with my jumper t8sgV2+ but its work fine with Flysky version (AFHDS2A) with my another FC board CrazybeeF3 Flysky version

I already try to set up step by step for Freq-coarse / Freq fine from -40 to 40 but it never get bind

what do i miss?
is there any suggestions?, maybe Tx setup is wrong?

thanks for any advice

No it works but you really need to take precaution how to press this super tiny bind button. Also run the bind procedure as soon as the FC is powered

More
04 Jul 2018 07:53 #69766 by Ask1me
Replied by Ask1me on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
what about freq-coarse and freq-fine, what value do i had to set?

my bind procedure:
1. power up fc board, red and white Led going flashing slowly
2. pressing bind button, red and white Led going light up steadily
3.turn on Tx Jumper t8sgV2+, in model setup, choosing fryskyX and click bind
the green led on tx is on.. (i think its bind but it is NOT)

becouse :
the red and white led FC board not flashing slowly (sign for sucessfull binding) ,its keep turn on steadily

i really confused, already try to change frysky_D, have the same result

maybe my RX is damaged?

More
04 Jul 2018 22:37 #69772 by ksaves2
Replied by ksaves2 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Holee Criminollee,

Am on old heli flyer from the late 80's and early 90's Purchased one of these T8SG Plus V2.0 with an April firmware on it.
I was hoping to have it bind to my micro helis, V977, V931, XK 110, 123, 124 and use the superior hall effects gimbals.
I took the blades off of a WL Toys V977 and used the KN deviation and was able to bind to the receiver. The tail mixer
seemed right but I can't find the switches so I can do idle up, 3D/6G etc. Any pointers would be much appreciated by this
older fart.
I like the feel of this transmitter and for now I can still entertain myself with the stock trannies that came with the 'copters.
Best regards,
Kurt

More
05 Jul 2018 12:19 #69777 by Sciencesky
Replied by Sciencesky on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
It can help you.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...-v977-on-7e?start=20

the file is for V931 (DEVO 10)
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2018 17:10 - 05 Jul 2018 17:11 #69781 by mrsilly
Replied by mrsilly on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter
Hi Guys, first post and i have a problem, I have tried to add DFPlayer but get 'External voice currently not available' when i go into model menu.

My ini file is attached, I have enabled DFPlayer and the UART,

I am using 4 x AA Ni-Zn batterys which are 1.6v each currently supplying 6.2v.

I have the most recent stable firmware installed, can any one give me some idea how to fix it?

Also the chip circled in the photo is quite hot, is this normal?

Thanks

Mark
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jul 2018 17:11 by mrsilly.

More
05 Jul 2018 18:19 #69782 by ksaves2

Sciencesky wrote: It can help you.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...-v977-on-7e?start=20

the file is for V931 (DEVO 10)

Thanks loads I followed the online video about firmware upgrading and got that pulled off perfectly fine. I saw where the author mentioned searching for
model files online and even getting new icons to store. Found this out after I posted the original message. I'll dig through the .ini files to see if
I can get acclimated to the protocol. Thanks again. Kurt

More
06 Jul 2018 04:47 #69790 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

mrsilly wrote: I have the most recent stable firmware installed, can any one give me some idea how to fix it?

Have you copied a Voice.ini from a Voice pack to the Media folder of the transmitter? Did you make sure your Model doesn‘t use PPM?

More
06 Jul 2018 08:16 #69791 by mrsilly

Moeder wrote:

mrsilly wrote: I have the most recent stable firmware installed, can any one give me some idea how to fix it?

Have you copied a Voice.ini from a Voice pack to the Media folder of the transmitter? Did you make sure your Model doesn‘t use PPM?

I have everything on the SD card, do i have to format it in a certain way? My models are pretty much all Spektrum so no PPM as far as i'm aware.

Thanks

Mark

More
06 Jul 2018 09:22 #69792 by Moeder
Only the Mp3 folder has to be on the SD card. The voice.ini belongs on the transmitter: mount your jumper via USB and copy voice.ini to the media folder. Unmount the USB, power cycle the transmitter and check if voice works now.

More
07 Jul 2018 20:44 #69804 by ksaves2
Which screen to navigate to, to set the servo throw? I had a successful update of the daily firmware a couple of days ago
before fully exploring the transmitter. I can't seem to find the screen as shown on the August 2017 Deviation instructions.
Kurt

More
09 Jul 2018 09:00 #69817 by mrsilly

Moeder wrote: Only the Mp3 folder has to be on the SD card. The voice.ini belongs on the transmitter: mount your jumper via USB and copy voice.ini to the media folder. Unmount the USB, power cycle the transmitter and check if voice works now.

Thanks for your help but it is all setup correctly as far as i can tell. I am worried as to how hot the chip is getting so will remove the dfplayer for now and order another in case that is the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

More
09 Jul 2018 18:44 #69823 by Moeder
I can't tell you anything about the chips getting hit, but the message you're getting is purely software related: the communication between player and trinsmitter is one way only, so it should work even if you didn't solder on any module. This means on the other hand, that something is wrong with your configuration. Post hardware.ini, model.ini and a screenshot of the media and root file folders contents please.

More
10 Jul 2018 20:06 #69846 by ksaves2
Replied by ksaves2 on topic 2s lipo for Jumper T8SG V2 plus transmitter

pgerts wrote:

dddddd wrote: Can someone please recommend a SPECIFIC 2s lipo that will fit the PLUS?
Have one on order that arrives in a few days...
I believe that I read that it should measure no larger than 90x30x15mm.
Is that correct? (still looking for a specific recommendation).
Will I need to get a battery connector as well, or is the on that is hooked up to the AA battery holder going to work (not hard wired).
Thanks

I am also waiting for my new TX and cant find a lot of info.
From your dimensions the only battery i find is the Turnigy 1800 2S 12C with dimensions 64*50*14
hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-1800mah-2s-1...o-receiver-pack.html .
I do also want to know if the power switch can be used to get out the battery power to a 7805 to drive the sound and speaker.

Anyone try to use the above lipo? I had a 1300mah pack that fit. There is a depression that can hold narrow long rectangular packs. My 1300, 2S would fit
but a 1500 wouldn't I was thinking about that pack above but was too chicken to try ordering it and finding out it was too large in some dimension.
1800Mah would be a nice reserve though. Kurt

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds