Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
25 Sep 2016 09:26 #54238 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

DaveyP wrote:

At this time, they're only available from one web site which only has a Chinese version. I can't read it, haven't ordered from it, so won't post a link because there are multiple versions

Google Chrome browser has a built in translate option :)

There are 2 versions available on the web page, a 3 in 1 that's named / translated as 'navy blue' @ 150 and the 4 in one that's named 'blue' @ 220 Chinese yuan (CNY) which is about $33 + shipping

But as said before, and iffffffffffffffff you can wait (some thing I have never been very good at, lol) then Banggood could maybe be a better option, but remember that their 'free shipping' cost is built into the retail price.

Hope this helps.

Patience is not one of my thousand virtues. So i searced around for a way to order from Taobao, and i don't know if this has been sayed before, but there are Taobao agents that act as a medium to deliver whatever you want from Taobao. Before using a Taobao agent, i tryed with translators to order the 4in1 myself, but in vein, the further i could go is just to manage to register in Taobao. Taobao does not even ship to where i live.

So, then i registered to a site called bhiner.com and followed the instructions and 4in1 is on the way to me. That is the good news. The bad news is that the price is almost doubled with all the fees, double shipping costs, exchange rates, and money deposit to their site. I wish banggood would sell this soon, because they sell all other versions, except for this one...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2016 10:33 - 26 Sep 2016 02:13 #54239 by jayodas
Replied by jayodas on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Thanks for the reply. I re-soldered the wire to the MCU pin again and still no change. And then I decided to check my hardware.ini file again and then discovered that it was corrupted when I could not open it to edit it. So I formatted the partition on my Devo and copied all the files back onto it from the nightly build I installed and voila NRF24 module is now working on A15. Success!!

TheSFReader wrote: Yes Jayodas, in fact that's what I made for my devo 7e, I only use the 7105 and NRF24 from a 3 in 1 module, connected and declared as such on TMS and TCK. And if you manage the MCU solder, you should be able to connect / declare the CC2500 later. (Not there yet either).

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Sep 2016 02:13 by jayodas.

More
25 Sep 2016 14:14 #54248 by heliav8r
Replied by heliav8r on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

mwm wrote:

heliav8r wrote: I have searched and read through most posts on here and I can not find where to buy the 4/1 pop in module for the Devo 8(S). I have seen a few posts saying they exist but no links to where it can be purchased.

At this time, they're only available from one web site which only has a Chinese version. I can't read it, haven't ordered from it, so won't post a link because there are multiple versions and I might point you at the wrong one. There's an english-language reseller for that site, but it's members only and I haven't joined. A few were ordered by someone in the US and got resold to members here.

Banggood supposedly has them on the way. Like Jon said, wait for that.

I agree, if Banggood will have them soon it would be best for me to wait. Thanks guys!
waiting...........impatiently, but waiting......... :)

More
25 Sep 2016 22:06 #54269 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

DaveyP wrote:

At this time, they're only available from one web site which only has a Chinese version. I can't read it, haven't ordered from it, so won't post a link because there are multiple versions

Google Chrome browser has a built in translate option :)

Yup, and the results are still an unreadable mess. At least to me. I don't trust it enough to order one myself, so I'm not going to recommend it to someone else.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
26 Sep 2016 05:42 - 26 Sep 2016 06:39 #54277 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
If you order the 4-in-1 using TaoBaoFocus.com as the agent their web site will translate the TaoBao 4-in-1 web page to English if you cut and paste the TaoBao web page URL into the TaoBaoFocus search box. It's checkout page is also in English.. It cost me $52 with all the fees. Here is my original post on how to order it. www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=720#51906
The attached image in that post shows which box to check on the original TaoBao page to select the 4-in-1 with Devo daughter board..
Last edit: 26 Sep 2016 06:39 by BirdBarber.

More
26 Sep 2016 09:44 #54281 by ako
Replied by ako on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi.

I had ordered the 4in1 module from Banggood before I got my Devo 10 (first Devo ever) without reading this thread carefully. After receiving my Devo on friday I read this thread completely.
Just to let you know: Now the 4in1 module from Banggood is built into my Devo and at least I can control my Hubsan H107D and my Eachine H8 mini.

I have used dc59's method (page 11 - thank you dc59) using a dip switch at the moment.

Now my idea to get rid of this switch: Wouldn't it be possible to connect PE1 and PE2 on the 4in1 module to two digital pins on the MCU (are there 2 more free available?) and then switch these two pins according to used protocol with software?

More
26 Sep 2016 15:58 #54289 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
For the bare 4-in-1 module I'll soon have a solution - motherboard holding is not unlike as in Devo-specific 4-in-1 module, but having some logic to switch between modules.

It will require corresponding change for Deviation for Devo 10 and brethren - it is implemented now only for Radiolink AT9. It does not require any switches, soldering to pins on MCU, or any soldering on Devo at all (except for Devo 7E which does not have a socket for RF module).

More
26 Sep 2016 18:01 #54296 by fpvthing
Replied by fpvthing on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
victzh can i use that to fix my devo7e ?
I messed up the power mod and need to replace the module.
Like to do that with the 4in1 if possible.

More
26 Sep 2016 20:04 #54300 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

victzh wrote: For the bare 4-in-1 module I'll soon have a solution ...

I've been waiting for this - trying to be patient :-)

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
26 Sep 2016 20:04 - 26 Sep 2016 20:08 #54301 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
@victzh
Sounds fantastic!
From who and how will the Devo version be available: bare board, kit, assembled by you, open design / 3rd party manufacturer, Santa Claus?
Last edit: 26 Sep 2016 20:08 by BirdBarber.

More
26 Sep 2016 20:15 #54302 by victzh
In principle - yes. But code is not there yet, and it will be less convenient for Devo 7E - you'll need to remove Devo's RF module and solder some wires to the board.

More
26 Sep 2016 20:19 #54303 by victzh

BirdBarber wrote: @victzh
Sounds fantastic!
From who and how will the Devo version be available: bare board, kit, assembled by you, open design / 3rd party manufacturer, Santa Claus?

I think eventually the guy who makes 4-in-1 modules will pick it up. I talked to him and he agreed in principle.

But as it uses different way of switching between the modules the Deviation code needs to be updated. I tested it only on Radiolink AT9, which does not work without this board at all.

More
26 Sep 2016 20:36 #54305 by victzh

Arnold wrote:

victzh wrote: For the bare 4-in-1 module I'll soon have a solution ...

I've been waiting for this - trying to be patient :-)

I know. At the end of the week boards (hopefully, the last release) are coming, and parts are almost there already.

More
29 Sep 2016 18:07 #54402 by logix200
Replied by logix200 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

mwm wrote: Yes, the Devo 4-in-1 (not to be confused with the Tx module 4-in-1) can be used in a 7E. However, it plugs into the socket the CYRF module uses, which is a different module on the 7E from everything else. So you'll have to solder wires into all those connections instead of just plugging it in.

Because there are many 3rd party agents in Republic of Korea, I can buy the Devo 4in1 module via a 3rd party agent without having to wait for being stocked on Banggood.
So I want to install the Devo 4in1 module on my 7E.
Although I searched many threads, I couldn't find a post that explain how to install the Devo 4in1 on a 7E.
Is there any post you know?
I need your help! :)
Thanks in advance.

More
29 Sep 2016 19:09 #54403 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

logix200 wrote: Although I searched many threads, I couldn't find a post that explain how to install the Devo 4in1 on a 7E.

:sick:

s'il vous plaƮt ;)
7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1

More
30 Sep 2016 09:17 #54432 by logix200
Replied by logix200 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Bianchifan, thanks a lot !
You are the best! :lol:

More
03 Oct 2016 20:07 #54558 by lyteflyer
Replied by lyteflyer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Would it work to JUST edit the hardware.ini file to ativate the 2 in one modules without replacing the rest of the stock firmware?

More
03 Oct 2016 20:58 - 07 Oct 2016 19:49 #54559 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

lyteflyer wrote: Would it work to JUST edit the hardware.ini file to ativate the 2 in one modules without replacing the rest of the stock firmware?

I don't think so, but...:
I don't understand what you mean by "2 in one module". I am also not sure what you mean by "stock firmware"... If you are talking about Walkera's Devention firmware, then what you ask is not possible.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 07 Oct 2016 19:49 by Arnold.

More
05 Oct 2016 11:33 #54621 by jayodas
Replied by jayodas on topic 3in1 RF module problem with Eachine e010
Hi everyone, I got my 3 in 1 module from Banggood working in my second Devo 7e one week ago and have been flying my Eachine e010 with it. I also have an older Devo 7e with a separate NRF24L01 module in it.

I have 4 Eachine e010 quads.

I also have an older Devo 7e with a separate NRF24L01 module in it.

All 4 e010 quads fly perfectly using transmit power of 100uw all the way up to 150mw with this Devo 7e ( separate NRF24L01 module).

But here is the behaviour I've observed using the 3 in 1 module.

At transmit power of 100uw, 300uw, and 1mw all 4 quads can bind and fly.

For all 4 of them when the quad is bound, if I increase to 3mw and upwards the quad will either lose the bind or it will stay bound but suddenly go out of control with motors running at full power.

But 1 of them is a little special. At 3mw, 10mw, 100mw and 150mw, it either loses bind or goes out of control. But at 30mw, it can be controlled normally.

When I use the 3 in 1 module to fly my Eachine H8, Floureon H101 and Juncheng 3015-2, they all fly perfectly even at 150mw power.

I'm running the latest nightly build (deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-2ce0f46) on both Devo 7e controllers and they both have external antennas as seen in the photo below.

So why does the 3 in 1 module have this problem and the separate NFR24L01 not have this problem?

The Devo with the 3 in 1 module is supposed to be my main controller because I successfully did the range mod on the DSM module in it.

If I have to use only 1mw transmit power, I'm afraid I won't be able to fly very far when I fly FPV with the e010.

More
05 Oct 2016 11:45 - 05 Oct 2016 11:46 #54622 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
This is pure speculation, but it looks like (some ?) 3-in-1 / 4-in-1 modules are using fake nrf24l01+ chips (AA is not working with them).
We're emulating the xn297 chip with the nrf24l01 but the emulation is not perfect as they do not have the exact same RF baseband specs (different frequency deviation among other things ...). Maybe this is working fairly well with genuine nrf24l01, but looks like many people are having issues with the 3-in-1 with this protocol. Also, this format (E010) runs @ 250kbps, maybe this has something to do with that.

... or it could be that your voltage regulator can't provide enough current to the module.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2016 11:46 by goebish.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds