Tactic anylink

More
30 Jun 2013 14:30 #11633 by ave1
Replied by ave1 on topic Tactic anylink
TY very much for your patience.

After reversing pitch and ELE ch's, all seem well now. I think it is flyable. Gain for gyro? I have so many questions regarding settings, how to. setting Idle ups? Throttle hold? Gain for gyro? D/R and Expo? The timer does not stop when Thr hold is engaged or when no thr inputted. Also, your "Edit" from above. If all three servos rise at the same rate/distance, the blades and their leading edge can only move one direction?

My eagerness to learn results in frustrations and what you see as simple, I can't grasp without your teaching. My biggest fear, it will take more patience than is available from you and I've never seem myself as dense, I struggle to understand..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2013 15:16 #11637 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Tactic anylink
Ok, now that you got the basic channel order and travel direction right, the rest is easy.

Just let me know what you need, make a list, and I'll screenshot everything for you and explain everything.

But not tonight, I'm beat :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
30 Jun 2013 15:41 #11638 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Tactic anylink
The advanced gui on Deviation is very different than any production radio. It was designed to expose all of the capabilities of the radio, but it can be quite a shock to learn. Effectively you are now being exposed to the underlying guts of how a transmitter works, and while this gives a lot of control, it also requires a lot more knowledge of what is going on. If you take it a little at a time and make sure you understand how one thing works before going to the next, I'm sure you'll quickly pick it up. You should take things slow, try them out in the simulator, and get very familiar with the channel-test pages and use them frequently. I hope you'll find the ocmmunity here to be helpful in answering your questions.

The learning curve is steep, but most people who have spent the time have found it to be worth it.

More
30 Jun 2013 15:49 #11640 by ave1
Your message is warmly received and most appreciated.. Thank you! I intend to learn this and all the TX's inherent offered and superior capabilities, I can't stop now. AT some point, the elevator here will reach the top floor. I feel learning this TX will teach me far more than just how to use a TX. This will be the most rewarding aspect of this hobby for me, to date.

Best,

Steve

More
30 Jun 2013 18:12 #11645 by ave1
I would now, like to have flt modes operational. Mode 1 and two I would like to make them a flat 60% flat ( both horizontal) 80% (to begin and test with).

Can someone briefly explain how this is accomplished. Currently my thr is "simple"

More
30 Jun 2013 18:43 #11647 by ave1
NO never mind. I think I did it! Low to high was not as anticipated but watching the stick monitor is a favorite now.

It just gets better and better

More
01 Jul 2013 06:02 #11662 by sbstnp
Glad you're starting to understand. If you still need help, just ask.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
01 Jul 2013 14:52 #11672 by ave1
Where was the thr hold implemented, please? (I'm making guesses when I set up my flight modes.. Not so sure I can set up another heli from scratch deploying the "advanced", as yet).

Many other questions. I do not want to "wear out my welcome"!

I would next ask about DR and Exp. I do not use switches other than Fly Mode to accomplish this in the standard gui. And, the gyro rate, either HH or Rate mode.

I plan to go back a re-read some info, also.

No rush, I do not intend to become a nuisance if I can help it but personal direction suites me well.

Thank you!

More
01 Jul 2013 15:09 #11673 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Tactic anylink

ave1 wrote: Where was the thr hold implemented, please?

It is probably implemented with the throttle channel's safety switch and value.
You can find the channel settings by clicking on the first button of the throttle channel on the mixer list...

More
01 Jul 2013 19:03 #11681 by sbstnp
I'll upload some explained screenshots tomorrow morning showing both TH and how to play with DR and Expo. Then, complex mixer.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Jul 2013 05:06 #11709 by ave1
Been reading how to and parts of it sink in. you had my DR set for me, 60.? Not sure about expo at all. Throttle< Ill keep reading, and, again. And adding/making changes, I need to re-read.

thanks as always

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jul 2013 08:03 - 02 Jul 2013 13:59 #11720 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Tactic anylink
PB Edit: sbstnp's great tutorial (which was in the previous posts) has moved here:
deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/1950-tutori...tle-hold-and-expo-dr

Very good description, sbstnp. It would be nice to have it in the HowTo-section.

Only one thing might confuse: it looks as if you have chosen a receiver with a not usual channel sequence (as if you have changed the protocol later) so ch1 is called ELE, but uses THR as input (and vice versa with ch3).
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 13:59 by PhracturedBlue.

More
02 Jul 2013 08:13 #11721 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic Tactic anylink
What firmware version is that? Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%. And high rate, mid rate, and low rate, has been replaced with pos1, pos2, etc.

More
02 Jul 2013 10:09 #11723 by sbstnp

Kdean wrote: What firmware version is that? Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%. And high rate, mid rate, and low rate, has been replaced with pos1, pos2, etc.

It's a bit customized by me. I'm basically working on a latin language only version with smaller fonts (just to show more info) for my Devo 10. Obviously some things carry over to versions for other transmitters.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Jul 2013 10:18 #11725 by sbstnp

rbe2012 wrote: Very good description, sbstnp. It would be nice to have it in the HowTo-section.

Only one thing might confuse: it looks as if you have chosen a receiver with a not usual channel sequence (as if you have changed the protocol later) so ch1 is called ELE, but uses THR as input (and vice versa with ch3).

It shows the order used by Devention protocol.

As a side note:
Devention: EATR
DSM2/DSMX: TAER
Futaba: AETR

Where obviously each letter means:
E - ele
A - ail
T - thr
R - rud

The displayed order usually changes for various protocols, but it looks to stay the same when PPM is active.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Jul 2013 10:21 - 02 Jul 2013 10:48 #11726 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Tactic anylink
Yep, I guess the PPM protocol shouldn't name the channels, because that might be confusing, just like in this case...
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 10:48 by FDR. Reason: typo

More
02 Jul 2013 10:35 - 02 Jul 2013 10:41 #11727 by sbstnp

FDR wrote: Yep, I guess the PPM protocol shouldn't name the channels, because that moght be confusing, just like in this case...

I rarely get confused by such things, but then I can only speak for myself...

Edit: I created an issue on BB about this.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 02 Jul 2013 10:41 by sbstnp.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
02 Jul 2013 11:08 #11732 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Tactic anylink

sbstnp wrote:

Kdean wrote: ...Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%.

It's a bit customized by me...

Having the EXPO amount shown on the button (maybe similar with looks like a good idea with minor effort, but to be consequent it should be shown at DEADBAND, >0, ABSVAL, Zero/Max, ... too - and in many cases the width will not suffice. I was short before proposing to file an enhancement ticket at bitbucket...

More
02 Jul 2013 12:51 #11734 by sbstnp
I don't think it's needed outside of Expo, after all this is the most used feature from those you listed so to me it looked like a good idea, I like seeing my expo without entering another page.

rbe2012 wrote:

sbstnp wrote:

Kdean wrote: ...Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%.

It's a bit customized by me...

Having the EXPO amount shown on the button (maybe similar with looks like a good idea with minor effort, but to be consequent it should be shown at DEADBAND, >0, ABSVAL, Zero/Max, ... too - and in many cases the width will not suffice. I was short before proposing to file an enhancement ticket at bitbucket...

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Jul 2013 13:07 #11737 by ave1
Thank you for this wonderful explanation and guide. I will study it.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds